New report gives fascinating insight into salary levels in Thailand

webfact

18 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Where are all the police officer, custom officers, immigration officers, etc. on that list?

Or is there something like the official income list and the unofficial list?

What's the point of the official list if lots of income is unofficial?

so make an unofficial list then,,,

12 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Top executives, whether Thai or (even more so) expats, make way more than the 150-200k that’s being mentioned as the highest salary there. I can only assume they got their data from the job openings posted on their site, where I doubt the C-level type of executive jobs will get advertised as those typically are being recruited through a headhunter, internally or via other connections or recommendations. I have access to salary data and top executives through my job and the best earners make way way more than that. 

Exactly.

The „top level“ here is JobDB‘s top level.

It’s unlikely, senior management or even C-level is hired via JobDB.

However, the salaries up to supervisor level sound sensible.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Where are all the police officer, custom officers, immigration officers, etc. on that list?

Or is there something like the official income list and the unofficial list?

What's the point of the official list if lots of income is unofficial?

Although Jobs DB is the dominant job portal in Thailand, it does not cater for government jobs (which is what you are asking about) and therefore wouldn't have the data to cover the roles you have mentioned. 

Also, Jobs DB is a mid-level recruitment portal so you would rarely see very high level roles advertised there and even if you did, they would rarely show the salary so I would say their information for the higher end of the market is severely limited.

Most C level roles are recruited through executive search agencies and (depending on roles and size of operation) pay anything from 300kTHB to 800k THB (some even higher). On top of that would be generous benefits, bonuses and share options etc.  

3 hours ago, Surasak said:

"JobsDB also highlighted 3 essential skills that workers in Thailand should possess, these included IT knowledge, language skills and data analysis. Other important skills needed included communication, critical thinking and creativity."..

Where do they find people with these skills. It would be interesting to know?

There are a couple of good universities.

3 hours ago, Xonax said:

I have always wondered, how so many Thai´s can afford to drive expensive luxury cars, live in huge mansions and own prime location land. How much does a corrupt official or politician make per month?

My Brother in Law is a retired Police Inspector , previously on the Drugs Squad for the best part of 15 years. He drives a more expensive car than I can afford and lives in a bigger house, in Bangkok.  So he did well. Obviously good at saving money.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pandora501 said:
3 hours ago, mogandave said:

Really? 

What does an average housekeeper earn in Australia?

about US$23 per hour

I find that hard to believe.  That's about 3X the US minimum wage.  Who the heck would hire a housekeeper in Australia?  Unless it's like the US where it seems most housekeepers are illegal aliens.  No way they get paid that much. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

I find that hard to believe.  That's about 3X the US minimum wage.  Who the heck would hire a housekeeper in Australia?  Unless it's like the US where it seems most housekeepers are illegal aliens.  No way they get paid that much. 

Apparently that’s about what a primary school teacher in Australia makes as well. 

54 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Labourers tend to be paid a wage (daily/weekly) not a salary.

I believe that per Thai labor law most anyone considered full-time and permanent is paid a salary that is equivalent to 30  days of pay. 

36 minutes ago, mberbae said:

Take Bangkok salaries out of the equation and you can cut those numbers

by half.

Perhaps for low and no skilled labor, not not for technical, finance, professional or management. These positions often command more when outside Bangkok.

2 hours ago, Berkshire said:

They are. I know it because my elderly mother gets her unit cleaned weekly at that rate (A$35/h through an agency). And all of her regular cleaners are foreigners, all Asians, some on student visas. Two are girls from China who don't even speak English. No idea what visas they are on. Most Australians wouldn't do that kind of low paid work. An Australian lady, a social worker, visits my mother also regularly and gets paid by the government A$130/h for just talking to her and taking her out for a walk. For that job though you need a university degree.
I heard of forensic cleaners, who can clean <deleted> and blood, and they get A$200/h. 

2 minutes ago, pandora501 said:

They are. I know it because my elderly mother gets her unit cleaned weekly at that rate (A$35/h through an agency). And all of her regular cleaners are foreigners, all Asians, some on student visas. Two are girls from China who don't even speak English. No idea what visas they are on. Most Australians wouldn't do that kind of low paid work. An Australian lady, a social worker, visits my mother also regularly and gets paid by the government A$130/h for just talking to her and taking her out for a walk. For that job though you need a university degree.
I heard of forensic cleaners, who can clean <deleted> and blood, and they get A$200/h. 

So the agency get's A$35 an hour for the actual hours at your mother's home. 

That's what I thought...

3 hours ago, Berkshire said:

They don’t, he was making it up. 

On 2/10/2021 at 9:05 AM, Cake Monster said:

Sadly, Thailand will fall down at the hurdle of Language Skill.

English is the predominant Language used throughout  the Business Sector for conducting Business on a Global scale, and that is never going to change.

The English proficiency skills in Thailand have been getting steadily worse every Year, and it is one of the reasons that Thailand finds it very difficult to perform on a Global Basis, against more forward and critical thinking Nations such as Vietnam, who are now starting to overtake Thailand in all kinds of ways, not just in Export values..

Yep, it's not called the "International language" for nothing........ But apparently Uncle Tuu says that Thai will be the international language spoken all over the world......  Ally Wah !  

I have told both my kids in no uncertain terms....

You can bring anyone or anything back to this house with one exception. The moment you come back with a job - you are out on your ear.

Employment is a fools game in this country - and as Thailand is still developing - there's lots of opportunity.

12 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

A shame that Thailand does not place more value and urgency on attaining higher English language proficiency. I have recently been in communication with a Chinese factory (to place a second order) to source products for my UK business. The quality of English, comprehension and communication from Chinese staff was as good as ordering from an English speaking country.

I guess they are not producing my new "kicken" scale by any chance?

20210210_165406.thumb.jpg.bea49547c7b92b506e4d119eb8cfdc66.jpg

• Haha 1