Elite card holders - many Brits - spend 3,000 baht a day - company heading for profit as membership soars

webfact

47 minutes ago, Bigz said:

Absolutely not if you are a mid class millionaire/slightly above the average farang these days. One of the cheapest, most hassle free option around the world to get a residency in my view. Wish I could afford it.

Residency? I guess it depends on how one would define residency. It is nothing more than a glorified tourist visa.

11 minutes ago, mogandave said:

He didn’t say not wishing to spend 600k on an Elite visa made you a sad person, he said being jealous of someone that spent 600k on an Elite visa made one a sad person. 

Everyone does not have a choice. Only people that have enough disposable income to pay for it have a choice...

So happy you have chosen to comment on my post. Hope you feel better now.

47 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

ha ha. i didn't apply because I don't waste money on useless unnecessary <deleted>

Well for some of us it’s not a lot at money and a waste.

You just need to start earning some more to understand that ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Its not about the cost.  I could pay the price of the Elite  visa many times over, but the reason I can do that, is that I have not wasted my money on useless products with no tangible benefits. That is the point.  Affordability is not the issue, at  least for me. 

If you find the cost too high you can't truly afford it.

• Like 1

Personally I think the Elite Visa is a great and cheap deal. I also collect Rolex watches, invest in Crypto and spend a lot on lady drinks, when I go out. Hell, I even give money to charity.

What’s the problem? It is MY money and I spend it like I want. 

If you think the Elite Visa is a waste of your money, then just don’t buy it. But calling people stupid who own it and can afford it ... is actually really stupid. Just because some people can afford a "luxury", does not make them stupid. It just shows they are smarter at making money.

Some people choose to spend THB 10K on drinking and smoking every month. Others buy an Elite Visa instead. Let people spend their own money the way they want.

Edited by khunpa
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

that's what I said didn't I? 

And I think thats fair enough - everyone who has come across it has their view on the Thai Elite Membership. 

When I opted for the Thai Elite Visa - it was 1MB for life time membership. 

I was in my early 30’s living in Thailand. Unmarried. 

I was playing Golf about 40 times per year (twice per week when not overseas)

In and out of Thailand about 8 times per year (8 return airport journeys)

Full medical each year (25k) 

At the time I calculated membership would have paid for itself before 10 years. 

I’ve been a member for 13 years - membership has pretty much paid for itself already.

Now I’m married I don’t need the visa. But the perks are still very handy.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

Mr. Meeseeks!

Regarding your posting 8 hours ago:  Please, crawl back under your stone,

if you think you are better than the guy sitting at the next table in your eatery.

A little modesty can go a long way. I would not sit anywhere near your table.

Eat Humble Pie, please Sir! You are embarrassing yourself!

Anyway, Cheers!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

Its not about the cost.  I could pay the price of the Elite  visa many times over, but the reason I can do that, is that I have not wasted my money on useless products with no tangible benefits. That is the point.  Affordability is not the issue, at  least for me. 

One mans useless is another mans useful

2 hours ago, Pilotman said:

So if it was 20K rather than 2MM, you would still think it a bad deal?

If you fly in and out of the country often and use the other benefits it is not a bad deal. If all you use is the visa, than yes, it's not a very good deal.  

They could make this sooo much better. If they charged $1,000 US Per year. Let the visa holders decide if they want to re-up year by year. Let the Thai govt check up on the visa holder each year.  They would have a hell of alot more takers and it would not be so damn expensive for the people that only want one or two years. It would be a WIN / WIN for the visa holders and the Thai govt and people. $83 per month to stay in Thailand, that would be a great deal IMO.

23 minutes ago, JeffinChonburi said:

They could make this sooo much better. If they charged $1,000 US Per year. Let the visa holders decide if they want to re-up year by year. Let the Thai govt check up on the visa holder each year.  They would have a hell of alot more takers and it would not be so damn expensive for the people that only want one or two years. It would be a WIN / WIN for the visa holders and the Thai govt and people. $83 per month to stay in Thailand, that would be a great deal IMO.

YES!!!! IT would be event better if it were free and included an S500 as a signing bonus. 

For about $1,000 a year you can use an agent, yes? 

3 hours ago, khunpa said:

Personally I think the Elite Visa is a great and cheap deal. I also collect Rolex watches, invest in Crypto and spend a lot on lady drinks, when I go out. Hell, I even give money to charity.

What’s the problem? It is MY money and I spend it like I want. 

If you think the Elite Visa is a waste of your money, then just don’t buy it. But calling people stupid who own it and can afford it ... is actually really stupid. Just because some people can afford a "luxury", does not make them stupid. It just shows they are smarter at making money.

Some people choose to spend THB 10K on drinking and smoking every month. Others buy an Elite Visa instead. Let people spend their own money the way they want.

how dare you hold us to even a low bar of human decency and expect us to not judge things that are out of the scope of our imagination. we are here to project our own misery on to others and we don't want this kind of common sense here

Edited by thanaka
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

So if it was 20K rather than 2MM, you would still think it a bad deal?

If you fly in and out of the country often and use the other benefits it is not a bad deal. If all you use is the visa, than yes, it's not a very good deal.  

20k vs 2mil is a false equivalency.  

And if all you use is the visa, then it’s a much better deal because it’s only 1mil for the one without all the bennies (which I’m not interested in anyways)

I would buy one myself (even at 52yo) if they reintroduced the lifetime extension vs 20 years now offered.  For someone who’s 30...sure...have at it.  For someone at 50, they’d probably get some takers if it was for the rest of their life, but with only 20 years, I’ll stick with the 800k in the bank method and still hire an agent to do the schlepping around for me.