Trump impeachment gives Thais a lot to ponder

snoop1130

3 hours ago, Ireland32 said:

That’s ignorant statement maybe your middle religious right states are Clueless the rest of the country knows , geography 

No they don't. In my 70 years of being on this planet I've only met 2 americans who knew that Australia was in the southern hemisphere and 5 that new Australia was NOT Austria, but they did not know where it actually was. The rest didn't even know that Australia was a separate country, they thought it was part of the USA. Even some of the yanks I've met here thought Australia was in Europe.

2 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

No they don't. In my 70 years of being on this planet I've only met 2 americans who knew that Australia was in the southern hemisphere and 5 that new Australia was NOT Austria, but they did not know where it actually was. The rest didn't even know that Australia was a separate country, they thought it was part of the USA. Even some of the yanks I've met here thought Australia was in Europe.

In Pattaya, American Expat wife to Aussie Expat wife, just met,..... true story : -

"Gee, honey, what's it like to live on an island?"

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/11/2021 at 7:39 AM, Rancid said:

Trump despite not being the actual hero that many "deplorables" hoped was no worse than any of the others. The impeachment is a scam run by a very right wing and powerful group wearing the skins of the Democrat fake left. Suspect the loudmouth totalitarian woke on Social will get a shock when they also get cancelled. Demagogues tolerate their pet sycophants for a while but always dispose of them in end.

Source????   Or did Q tell you this.....?

Edited by ChakaKhan

6 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I would also have difficulty finding the counties in the UK, in fact I wouldn't be able to.

I used to admire people who knew many of the road names in their town, I wouldn't know more than two road names adjacent to my street (I knew where I lived though).

• Thanks 1

On 2/11/2021 at 6:07 PM, Tarteso said:

Show a world map to an average Thai and ask him where the USA is. Then he will have “a lot of ponder”. ????

Most US people I have known outside Thailand, don't know the difference between Thailand and Taiwan, let alone pinpoint them on a map.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:

I would also have difficulty finding the counties in the UK, in fact I wouldn't be able to.

I recently met a guy and asked where he was from, he said Washington state, which I have no idea where it is, nor did he know where Grampian was. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

They must have given you a blank look with New Zealand then. I did know/met a teenage american girl in company with a 'just met' canadian girl at a swimming pool who wasn't aware that Canada separated Alaska from the rest of the USA. To be fair though I had a conversation with a 30 year old Englishman who couldn't understand how the East German troops could surround West Berlin when it belonged to West Germany.

23 hours ago, Ireland32 said:

Do you really believe that Nonsense 

I understand that lefties want to portray themselves as caring, good people. The problem is they always want someone else to solve the problems. The best way to resolve this is, for every problem all concerned individuals sign up to be taxed appropriately for the cost. The problem is lefties won't step forward to take on the responsibility, they are all talk no action.