WHO in Chinese pocket?

elgenon

The research team from WHO went to China to discover the origin of Covid-19. The Chinese are pushing two origins.

One is that it started in the West. The second it it started in a wild animal, got transmitted to a domestic animal and then to humans.

I recently saw an interview with 2 evolutionary biologists who said 90% of the scientists in their field believe it was created in a lab, probably in Wuhan. I wouldn't know how to prove it either way. They said it is routine for such a lab to enhance a virus to learn how to combat a more infectious form. This would explain how this virus is so good at transmitting and mutating.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, elgenon said:

The research team from WHO went to China to discover the origin of Covid-19. The Chinese are pushing two origins.

One is that it started in the West. The second it it started in a wild animal, got transmitted to a domestic animal and then to humans.

I recently saw an interview with 2 evolutionary biologists who said 90% of the scientists in their field believe it was created in a lab, probably in Wuhan. I wouldn't know how to prove it either way. They said it is routine for such a lab to enhance a virus to learn how to combat a more infectious form. This would explain how this virus is so good at transmitting and mutating.

I imagine at the end of the day very few people will know exactly where, when and how it all started. All the rest of us will just have to wonder.  Maybe in 50 years or so the whole thing will be no longer 'classified' and the 'documents' published.

My thoughts are that it's man made.

It's obviously mutating, all viruses do.  The best to hope for is that it mutates to a standard type infuenza virus ( all flu viruses are corona viruses anyway ) and becomes seasonal, it certainly isn't going to go away.

Just go to hope for the best.

Edited by overherebc
  • Confused 2

26 minutes ago, overherebc said:

My thoughts are that it's man made.

There are two types of "man-made". There is genetically engineered, which most agree is not the case here, and there is gain-of-function, which is a possibility for COVID-19. I doubt we will ever know, since every government has a vested interest in keeping gain-of-function research under wraps.

31 minutes ago, timendres said:

There are two types of "man-made". There is genetically engineered, which most agree is not the case here, and there is gain-of-function, which is a possibility for COVID-19. I doubt we will ever know, since every government has a vested interest in keeping gain-of-function research under wraps.

In both cases the 'hand of man' is involved so to all intent and purpose the end result, for me, it's man made. Looking at images of it it just appears too perfect to be anything made by nature. Every spike looks exactly the same and I don't think nature could do that. 

No arguement intended, just discussing.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

( all flu viruses are corona viruses anyway )

Nope! Corona virus is in one family called respiratory viruses, where you will also find Influenza viruses. However, Corona and Influenza viruses are considered two different things. The facts are also that a flu most of the times is connected to an Influenza virus and not a Corona virus

4 hours ago, ukrules said:

They most certainly are not.

The flu virus is nothing like a corona virus in any way whatsoever.

4 hours ago, ukrules said:

They most certainly are not.

The flu virus is nothing like a corona virus in any way whatsoever.

One of these is a flu virus one is the Covid 19 virus.

The name Corona refers to the 'crown' like spikes on the surface.

The spikes are the parts that allow the virus to connect with and enter a living cell.

covid19-cdc-unsplash.jpg

AdobeStock_73714707-768x473.jpeg

16 minutes ago, overherebc said:

One of these is a flu virus one is the Covid 19 virus.

The name Corona refers to the 'crown' like spikes on the surface.

The spikes are the parts that allow the virus to connect with and enter a living cell.

Oh, you're right - they're identical ????

4 hours ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Nope! Corona virus is in one family called respiratory viruses, where you will also find Influenza viruses. However, Corona and Influenza viruses are considered two different things. The facts are also that a flu most of the times is connected to an Influenza virus and not a Corona virus

Google 'Corona'. It refers to the appearance of the virus. Looks like a 'crown' .  Corona type viruse cause illness ranging from common cold thru to SARS, MERS and now the pandemic going around the world.

Att.

Flu virus and Covid virus.

Edit.

Added common cold virus

covid19-cdc-unsplash.jpg

20090413-coldvirus.jpg

Edited by overherebc

6 hours ago, timendres said:

Grunard island in Scotland was used for an 'interesting' enhanced anthrax virus in 1942.

I think it was only a few years ago they managed to clean it up.

Just checked, it was late 90's before it was clear.

Edited by overherebc

19 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Google 'Corona'. It refers to the appearance of the virus. Looks like a 'crown' .  Corona type viruse cause illness ranging from common cold thru to SARS, MERS and now the pandemic going around the world.

Att.

Flu virus and Covid virus.

Edit.

Added common cold virus

covid19-cdc-unsplash.jpg

20090413-coldvirus.jpg

Yep I just Googled it. Below you will find the result:

"What is the difference between Influenza (Flu) and COVID-19? Influenza (Flu) and COVID-19 are both contagious respiratory illnesses, but they are caused by different viruses. COVID-19 is caused by infection with a new coronavirus (called SARS-CoV-2), and flu is caused by infection with influenza viruses."

If you need more extensive information, please refer to:

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/symptoms/flu-vs-covid19.htm

The most important thing is in the first sentence: "Influenza (Flu) and COVID-19 are both contagious respiratory illnesses, but they are caused by different viruses."

So, maybe now you got it, or not???? Nevermind! ????????????????????????

Edited by Dagfinnur Traustason

The WHO is an international entity and consequently it would be subject to international politics. It is naive at best to think that it would not be, or that it could be replaced with another organisation that would not be. And since it is an international organisation subject to international politics , it stands to reason, that the biggest players such as the US, China, Europe etc would have the biggest influence. 

We work with what we have, not what we wish we had, and  the WHO is the only organisation available to confront an International Pandemic.

Is it perfect?

Far from it. But   "Don't Let the Perfect Be the Enemy of the Good "

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Yep I just Googled it. Below you will find the result:

"What is the difference between Influenza (Flu) and COVID-19? Influenza (Flu) and COVID-19 are both contagious respiratory illnesses, but they are caused by different viruses. COVID-19 is caused by infection with a new coronavirus (called SARS-CoV-2), and flu is caused by infection with influenza viruses."

If you need more extensive information, please refer to:

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/symptoms/flu-vs-covid19.htm

The most important thing is in the first sentence: "Influenza (Flu) and COVID-19 are both contagious respiratory illnesses, but they are caused by different viruses."

So, maybe now you got it, or not???? Nevermind! ????????????????????????

They both have a corona or crown. I have rwo dogs but they are different breeds of the same type of animal.  Flu virus and the covid virus have different effects but they are both corona viruses because they both have the same 'crown' of spikes.The name Covid 19 is an acronym of Corona virus disease 2019.

Here is an etype jag' and a mini.

They are both called automobiles.

images (12).jpeg

34215625701_cacfe360d3_b-631x420.jpg

Edited by overherebc
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, overherebc said:

They both have a corona or crown. I have rwo dogs but they are different breeds of the same type of animal.  Flu virus and the covid virus have different effects but they are both corona viruses because they both have the same 'crown' of spikes.The name Covid 19 is an acronym of Corona virus disease 2019.

Here is an etype jag' and a mini.

They are both called automobiles.

images (12).jpeg

34215625701_cacfe360d3_b-631x420.jpg

You really can talk BS, I give you that. Gold Medal, Man! Good Job! How about getting back to the facts in the link I gave you in the last reply? Might help you to get out of your deluded denial. Good Luck, now! ????

Talking like you did: Different brands, but still automobiles. Yeah, that would be same as saying that Corona and Influenza is both viruses. That does still not make Corona and Flu same. Enough with this. Just feel sorry for you, man.

Edited by Dagfinnur Traustason

10 minutes ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

You really can talk BS, I give you that. Gold Medal, Man! Good Job! How about getting back to the facts in the link I gave you in the last reply? Might help you to get out of your deluded denial. Good Luck, now! ????

Talking like you did: Different brands, but still automobiles. Yeah, that would be same as saying that Corona and Influenza is both viruses. That does still not make Corona and Flu same. Enough with this. Just feel sorry for you, man.

So you prove to me that a flu virus is not a corona type virus. You should find out how long corona viruses have existed. 

They way you are arguing sounds like covid is the first corona virus to exist. It's not, it's just a different kind of corona virus with its own effects on your health.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, faraday said:

Yes! It was in the first paragraph anyway. ????

"
Although the symptoms of COVID-19 and the flu can look similar, the two illnesses are caused by different viruses."

I also tried to send him a link, but he seem to be unable to comprehend. Sad story.

5 hours ago, overherebc said:

So you prove to me that a flu virus is not a corona type virus. You should find out how long corona viruses have existed. 

They way you are arguing sounds like covid is the first corona virus to exist. It's not, it's just a different kind of corona virus with its own effects on your health.

No I am well aware of that there has been a lot of Corona viruses. You have SARS, MERS and SARS-CoV-2 that has been known for killing a lot of people. After that you have a lot more of them that gives the same feeling like a flu.

I will try my best to prove to you a second time. If youdon´t get what you read this time, I give up. Then you are considered to be a lost case.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4703274/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, overherebc said:

Grunard island in Scotland was used for an 'interesting' enhanced anthrax virus in 1942.

I think it was only a few years ago they managed to clean it up.

Just checked, it was late 90's before it was clear.

Anthrax is caused by a bacteria, but your underlying point is a good one...

It's not nice to mess with Mother Nature.

9 hours ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Not just different viruses, different classes of virus. Also different classes of virus that bind to different transmembrane receptors, which is one reason for some marked differences in the etiology of the resulting diseases (eg much more blood clotting with corona than flu).

• Like 1

If Covid-19 and flu are the same virus, then why are we running around developing a vaccine for Covid-19?  We can just use the existing flu vaccine right?

Covid-19 and flu are viruses, but different kinds of viruses.  The sticking-out bits on a virus are 'keys' that connect to the cell 'locks' to 'open it' and allow the virus to enter that cell.  The key shape is different on different types of virus, and in order to counter that virus, a vaccine has to be produced with the required 'lock' shape to attach itself to the virus.

Simplistic explanation - I'm a science teacher ????

• Like 2

21 hours ago, elgenon said:

I recently saw an interview with 2 evolutionary biologists who said 90% of the scientists in their field believe it was created in a lab,

That's funny because 90% of epidemiologists and virologists say it wasn't. Something odd here