Biggest Starbucks in Thailand opens in Bangkok - and it will serve alcohol

webfact

17 hours ago, canopus1969 said:

Seems they have stopped offering daily newspapers to read   ????

Can they get newspapers to read anymore? The only English language local paper they can get is the one we cannot name on this forum, sorry quote from. Newspapers are dying. 

A love all this about "Starbucks" BUT, this new place has  *$@*  all to do with Starbucks, and everything to do with the 51 per cent Thai owner.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

A love all this about "Starbucks" BUT, this new place has  *$@*  all to do with Starbucks, and everything to do with the 51 per cent Thai owner.

I could be wrong, as I haven't looked up the shareholdings, but most likely Starbucks Thailand is 100% Thai owned

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

wouldn't set foot in one here, over priced stuff, low grade coffee and so up themselves as a company.  Plenty of cheaper and nicer places around this country, as it seems to be  National obsession to open a coffee shop every 500 metres. 

We have had a few close down in my area, but I know what you mean

8 minutes ago, Susco said:

I could be wrong, as I haven't looked up the shareholdings, but most likely Starbucks Thailand is 100% Thai owned

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Starbucks Corp said on Thursday that a company controlled by Thai billionaire Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi and a Hong Kong-based firm had won an exclusive deal to operate and develop its retail business in Thailand.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-starbucks-thailand-idUSKCN1ST17K

33 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

wouldn't set foot in one here, over priced stuff, low grade coffee and so up themselves as a company.  Plenty of cheaper and nicer places around this country, as it seems to be  National obsession to open a coffee shop every 500 metres. 

Same same but different, why pay $$$$ for a coffee and support some rich company when the local owned shop next door serves a decent one for 25 to 45 baht?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, tigerfeet said:

And how many local small businesses will this close 

How many local small businesses will be competing with Starbucks at Icon? 

How many local small businesses does 7-12 kill? Do you trade with 7-11?

I don’t trade with Starbucks, so there’s that.