PCR Test start from the date of the test or the results?

Hello!

I will need soon to do a PCR Test in order to come back to Canada. My question is, does the date indicated on the test is the date when you did the test or the date when you get the result (so basically +/- 24h after the test).

I hope they indicate the date that you receive the results, however, it will be very short in time with all the flights and connections ...

Thank you!

2 minutes ago, Mormolin said:

My question is, does the date indicated on the test is the date when you did the test or the date when you get the result (so basically +/- 24h after the test).

Most I've seen (although not Thai) have both dates, some with time on both dates, some with time just on result. Clarify with the clinic prior to getting it done to ensure it meets the requirements.

Reading here https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/flying/covid-19-testing-travellers-coming-into-canada it seem pretty clear its the test date not result date that counts (which makes sense).  It also states 72 hours before your scheduled departure.  It's probably best to assume that it's the departure of the final flight into Canada that counts in this case (as is the case for the UK for example) not the original departure from Thailand.

43 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

Reading here https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/flying/covid-19-testing-travellers-coming-into-canada it seem pretty clear its the test date not result date that counts (which makes sense).  It also states 72 hours before your scheduled departure.  It's probably best to assume that it's the departure of the final flight into Canada that counts in this case (as is the case for the UK for example) not the original departure from Thailand.

Perfect, thank you!

2 hours ago, Upnotover said:

In regards to coming to Thailand it's different. It's within 72 hours from first departure and not the stopover/last flight (as you referenced is the rule for the UK). Kinda surprised they count the last flight/stopover and not the original flight of departure. A tremendous amounts of people should be stopped/sent back in a slight stopover-delay. 

1 hour ago, aldriglikvid said:

In regards to coming to Thailand it's different. It's within 72 hours from first departure and not the stopover/last flight (as you referenced is the rule for the UK). Kinda surprised they count the last flight/stopover and not the original flight of departure. A tremendous amounts of people should be stopped/sent back in a slight stopover-delay. 

Don't think so, the "rule" applies to the scheduled departure date/time not the actual so delays en-route won't matter.  Additionally the chances of anyone being "sent back" are virtually nil as these "rules" are meant for the majority, not for a few exceptions.

1 hour ago, Upnotover said:

Don't think so, the "rule" applies to the scheduled departure date/time not the actual so delays en-route won't matter.  Additionally the chances of anyone being "sent back" are virtually nil as these "rules" are meant for the majority, not for a few exceptions.

Makes absolutely no sense. NHS says start of the journey, and I'll go with that. 

2021-02-15 22_28_08-Window.png

On 2/16/2021 at 12:06 AM, CANSIAM said:

There should be a TEST DATE and a RESULT DATE on the form, that was the case leaving Canada anyway.

Every company has their own way of reporting test results, you just have to make sure your chosen company's report will satisfy whoever is requiring it.

Archived