Retirement Ext: New rule for 800K/400K proof?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Seeall said:

Does anyone have the original in thai?  yes I am being lazy, thanks all..

So considering it says 3 months for seasoning I presume all is the same for extentions renewals but 2 months,.... thanks all

5 minutes ago, Seeall said:

So considering it says 3 months for seasoning I presume all is the same for extentions renewals but 2 months,.... thanks all

2 months before ext.application , and 3 months keep 800K in bank after stamp date .

(some rare I.O. offices insist anyway on 3 months before application 800k on bank ....T.I.T ) ask I.O.  before if it is your first time 

3 hours ago, david555 said:

Hereby my Jomtien slip i received whiteout asking last ret. ext. .... i do not see any bogus stamp on it , and when bring  this proof of funds 90 day , i must sign this slip.

remark : they adjusted now the date  by putting  "after" , as making clear in case of absence by travelling , you may come after returning to bring proof 

PS  as they may ask additional doc.   .... not much chance to make opposition on it , i have no problem with this as it is for me same as "a walk to the beach" as  living close ... ,

but would not like it  extended to the year round control ...

Money rapport 3 months 2020 . jpeg.jpg

14 minutes ago, Seeall said:

It is 2 months before the day you apply is for every extension application. The 3 months is after the day you you apply.

5 minutes ago, Seeall said:

it says need 200k not 20k , thanks all

It is the same in the English version just before the Thai one listed in the pinned topic.

What was posted in this topic was a copy of a hand out from Jomtien immigration.

7 minutes ago, Seeall said:

Art 6 is only for very old entry's on that mentioned date , if grandfathered  whiteout interruption they have that privilege's only ..... 

must read it correct as it is written as an exception ...

38 minutes ago, Seeall said:

40592326_60years.jpg.a2ce7155cdb30fb8b7ab5bce59a35ec9.jpg

That requirement only applies to (6).

(6) The alien who entered the Kingdom before 21 October 1998 and has been consecutively permitted to stay in the Kingdom for retirement shall be subject to the following criteria:
(a) Must be 60 years of age or over and have fixed income with fund maintained in a bank account for the past three months of no less than THB 200,000 or have a monthly income of no less than THB 20,000.
(b) If less than 60 years of age but not less than 55 years of age, the alien must have an annual fixed income with fund maintained in a bank account for the past three t months of no less than THB 500,000 or have a monthly income of no less than THB 50,000.

4 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

That requirement only applies to (6).

(6) The alien who entered the Kingdom before 21 October 1998 and has been consecutively permitted to stay in the Kingdom for retirement shall be subject to the following criteria:
(a) Must be 60 years of age or over and have fixed income with fund maintained in a bank account for the past three months of no less than THB 200,000 or have a monthly income of no less than THB 20,000.
(b) If less than 60 years of age but not less than 55 years of age, the alien must have an annual fixed income with fund maintained in a bank account for the past three t months of no less than THB 500,000 or have a monthly income of no less than THB 50,000.

yes indeed, thats why the 60 yo one is wrong as no mention of 200 k!

60 years1.jpg

10 minutes ago, Seeall said:

yes indeed, thats why the 60 yo one is wrong as no mention of 200 k!

60 years1.jpg

art 6 :The alien who entered the Kingdom before 21 October 1998 and has been consecutively permitted to stay in the Kingdom for retirement shall be subject to the following criteria:

Did you entered Thailand before that date 21 October 1998 and has been consecutively permitted to stay in the Kingdom for retirement   ??

4 minutes ago, david555 said:

art 6 :The alien who entered the Kingdom before 21 October 1998 and has been consecutively permitted to stay in the Kingdom for retirement shall be subject to the following criteria:

Did you entered Thailand before that date 21 October 1998 and has been consecutively permitted to stay in the Kingdom for retirement   ??

Not about me, I am not that age yet...

9 minutes ago, Seeall said:

Not about me, I am not that age yet...

Why you are referring than to it  ? , as now the rules are for those entered after that date ....2 months before application 800 000 baht on Thai bank , 3 months 800 000 baht after stamp date must keeping  ,an then you can take 400 000 out until for new application filling up 2 month's before again to 800 000 Baht .... it is not rocket science ....

even not when it is a Thailand ruling ...???? 

And in even the Thai version you don't get a discount ....????

I am planning to retire to Thailand later this year.  Having sold my house I have enough cash deposit to meet the 800k requirement, also my pension will meet the visa threshold.  I have a Thai partner but we have no plans to marry in the near future so a retirement visa seemed the obvious route.  But I read below so many expats have a multitude of problems that I am wondering whether an Elite visa may be less painful.  If I have to put £20,000 (800k bht) away and leave it there (or at least top it up back to that level each year), why not spend £12,500 for a 5 year Elite visa?  I appreciate the £12.5k is spent and you can never get it back but would it not save a whole heap of hassle every year?   Any advice would be really appreciated.  Thanks

26 minutes ago, Andy1961 said:

I am planning to retire to Thailand later this year.  Having sold my house I have enough cash deposit to meet the 800k requirement, also my pension will meet the visa threshold.  I have a Thai partner but we have no plans to marry in the near future so a retirement visa seemed the obvious route.  But I read below so many expats have a multitude of problems that I am wondering whether an Elite visa may be less painful.  If I have to put £20,000 (800k bht) away and leave it there (or at least top it up back to that level each year), why not spend £12,500 for a 5 year Elite visa?  I appreciate the £12.5k is spent and you can never get it back but would it not save a whole heap of hassle every year?   Any advice would be really appreciated.  Thanks

As strange as it soundsto those who have not tried it.... it depends on your office and the mood they are in.... some go for years without any probems.. then one day.... 

1 hour ago, Andy1961 said:

Basically don't listen to all the nonsense.

Put 800k+ baht in a Thai bank in your name only and leave it.

Think of it as a dedicated extension account. 

Extensions based on retirement using money in the bank method are a walk in the park. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/17/2021 at 2:23 PM, DrJack54 said:

Nothing of the sort. As posted many times this return after 3 months to show funds nonsense  is done by a handful of rogue immigration offices. There are ~ 80 offices in Thailand. 

So what would you call diligent? To not bother checking and put the onus on the foreigner? And then refuse the next extension if the foreigner hadn't maintained the balance for whatever reason?

On 2/17/2021 at 1:05 PM, Tanoshi said:

Does it!

In that case you'd automatically be on a 1 year overstay.

Yes it does. So not only have you cancelled your permission to stay, you'd be on overstay, and would be refused your next extension. A kind IO might give you 7 days to leave. A not so kind one might arrest you and send you to the IDF. You want to take the chance?

Some offices are being proactive in checking. Sure it's a pain but it's not surprising given the attitude that some people show.

12 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

To not bother checking and put the onus on the foreigner?

The onus is already on the foreigner.

13 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

And then refuse the next extension if the foreigner hadn't maintained the balance for whatever reason?

Exactly.

26 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

So what would you call diligent? To not bother checking and put the onus on the foreigner? And then refuse the next extension if the foreigner hadn't maintained the balance for whatever reason?

That's a joke right. If someone had not followed requirements then they would not apply for extension renewal knowing that they did not comply and would be rejected.

Actually the best part is "put the onus on the foreigner"....

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

That's a joke right. If someone had not followed requirements then they would not apply for extension renewal knowing that they did not comply and would be rejected.

Actually the best part is "put the onus on the foreigner"....

they would  just use an agent

13 minutes ago, Alotoftravel said:

Are we also required to show proof  if we used the income method >65K baht FTT ?

i.e. to  visit the immigration office to show our passbook that we have monthly transfers ?

No

It is only for those using the 800k baht in the bank for 2 months option.

Archived