Retirement Ext: New rule for 800K/400K proof?

3 minutes ago, david555 said:

as always they are the strong hand and always right .... in reserve of that they have that " Harry Potter magic stick" rule ???? ........." Immg.Officers .'s can always ask for additional documents ".... so this is what he used 

This isn't new.

They are just enforcing the rules.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

The Amphur lost it, and admitted the same in writing on KR2 copy, but was still not acceptable.

As far as I was aware he was the boss, as the papers were referred to him for approval after being checked by a junior.

Fortunately I kept mine and gave the Amphur a copy, not that I've ever had Immigration request it ...... but they'd be disappointed if they did  ????

I am with the same Imm office as the OP.

I renewed my annual extension based on retirement and got the same card but it was dated to come back in person with an updated bankbook exactly 3 months from my renewal date of 28 Nov 2020, which I did. The date on the card was a Saturday so they made an error in their 90 day return date to check the bank balance. I went the following Monday no problem, and no new card as one look through my bank book was all they needed. They also did my 90 day and told me I could go back to using the online system next time, which is due in April. I hope they are correct as I too have a 320km round trip from home to the imm office.

It's possible they made a mistake on his card as coming back 2 months later proves nothing, needing one more month. I'd have queried that date and am pretty sure the friend would have gotten a new card with the correct date.

Actually I have absolutely no complaints in 4 years using that office. In fact I am pretty sure I got the 400/800 card the year before too. I reckon it was their mistake that has neccessitated a second trip with the bank book.

1 minute ago, Tanoshi said:

Fortunately I kept mine and gave the Amphur a copy, not that I've ever had Immigration request it ...... but they'd be disappointed if they did  ????

Stupid thing was I had a copy when we lived in UK, never needed it, an English translation of the marriage certificate was all that was ever needed there, but I didn't think we'd need it in Thailand when we came to live here, so I destroyed it, how wrong can you be.

Think I should change my ID to StupidBoy

27 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

The Amphur lost it, and admitted the same in writing on KR2 copy, but was still not acceptable.

As far as I was aware he was the boss, as the papers were referred to him for approval after being checked by a junior.

My Amphur told me their only required to keep them for 5 years because your marriage registration and record is on the database. They probably disposed of it if it was several years ago.

Disposed/lost - same, same. TIT.

7 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

Stupid thing was I had a copy when we lived in UK, never needed it, an English translation of the marriage certificate was all that was ever needed there, but I didn't think we'd need it in Thailand when we came to live here, so I destroyed it, how wrong can you be.

Think I should change my ID to StupidBoy

I keep copies of everything and anything I consider important, or may be of use at a later date.

I actually try to keep the originals if possible. With a laser jet printer it difficult to ascertain the original from the copy. Every year (marriage extension) Immigration ask which are the original and which are the copies, I tell them even I don't know. :cheesy: take your pick!

Immigration obviously recycle old documents. They once gave me a print out of something and on the reverse side was a bank statement of a foreigner. Name, address, bank account number.

I asked if they had the debit card by any chance, but that went way over their heads.

It used to be that many a member would complain about 'jumping through hoops and over hurdles' as an excuse when married to a Thai, to continue to extend based on retirement rather than marriage.

I'm on an extension based on marriage, but after reading this thread, hand on heart, I can honestly state, I wouldn't want to 'jump through the hoops and over the hurdles' to switch back to retirement using funds in the bank method. :coffee1:

3 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

That's only 2 visits, your suggesting on retirement your friend now has to make 3 visits.

I've supplied the same pictures for the last 7 years.

Witness, home visit, only for the very first application based on marriage.

I doubt Immigration will be keen to make a 500Km round trip to make more than 1 visit.

Only 400K in the bank, no financial checks thereafter, continue 90 day reports online - worth considering.

Oh, they'll make the trip once they figure a way to charge you for the privilege...!

1 minute ago, mancub said:

Oh, they'll make the trip once they figure a way to charge you for the privilege...!

Don't fall for that one - just flatly refuse.

I know for fact they either use an Immigration issued vehicles, or get mileage allowance for their own vehicle use.

7 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

It used to be that many a member would complain about 'jumping through hoops and over hurdles' as an excuse when married to a Thai, to continue to extend based on retirement rather than marriage.

I'm on an extension based on marriage, but after reading this thread, hand on heart, I can honestly state, I wouldn't want to 'jump through the hoops and over the hurdles' to switch back to retirement using funds in the bank method. :coffee1:

What hoops do you have to jump through for Retirement extension? 800k in bank or 65k per month or combination. Simple proof from your bank. Done. Next 90 day report, show them your bank book/ statement if they ask for it. Done.

4 hours ago, Robbie63 said:

I have been here 16 years now no problems till last year. I had opened a bank account for transfer but I used 2 names on the account me and my wife. Well that is a big no no here. I went and opened a single name account but it only had 1 transfer and that was it they gave me 7 days to leave, I had already used the wife 60 day for the 2 months earlier. Had to do a border run to Myanmar. I finally got an agent no proof necessary. It was 18,000 for the O and 14,000 for the Retirement Visa. The last year I have been transferring 90,000 baht a month for over a year now. But I am going to go ahead and use the agent this year Visa is expired in May because I am tired of the Immigration Office baloney. Also they have been doing free 90 day reports only pay 100 baht for post. If anyone else is in the same boat as me PM me I will give Agents Phone Number. No more going to the bank for letters no more photo copy"s no waiting all day at CW. Everyone have a good one.

I am going to post name for Agent. I am using Thai Visa Centre the agent is [email protected] and telephone is 02-508-8428 Best Of Luck

the thing is with this rule if you are like me and want to do things right I would normally do it . 

But last year i should have done this and  i got this the same thing on a A4 sheet of paper with just a stamp to say when i have to do this with a ring round the requirments and what to show with it ,, 

how ever i thought did want to go do to virus , then they were going to close the immigration on that day so i thought off the hook . but then they dint close it till 2 days later so i said <deleted> it ...

had to renew my exstention this year and nothing was said .about not doing it , 

but did get another one this year. its nothing to do with the 90 day adress report . 

also my freinds use the same immigration as me and they dont seem to get one very odd 

so i think as someone eles .... said they just look and throw the paper in the bin , ,,, this was pattaya. 

40 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

My Amphur told me their only required to keep them for 5 years because your marriage registration and record is on the database. They probably disposed of it if it was several years ago.

Disposed/lost - same, same. TIT.

We lived in the UK for 4 years after we were married and it was about 3 years after coming here so your probably right they disposed of it, and because Immigration wanted it, it was less loss of face to say a previous employee must of misfiled it and now they can't find it (which they did).

11 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

What hoops do you have to jump through for Retirement extension? 800k in bank or 65k per month or combination. Simple proof from your bank. Done. Next 90 day report, show them your bank book/ statement if they ask for it. Done.

Read the OP's opening post again.

6 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

Situation from a friend from Kanchanaburi immigration: Renewal of retirement extension with 800K in bank on December 14, 2020. Received a sticker to proof the 800K in bank again on 14 February, 2021 during his 90d report, instead of 14 March, 2021 as per police order, see Sticker 1 attached. On 11 February, 2021 during 90d report showed proof and received a new sticker requiring to come back 3 months later (on May 11) to show proof of funds again in office, see Sticker 2 attached.

Friend is of course more than just angry that he has to drive again 500km return to the immi office and also, this means that 90d reports for retirees would never again be possible online. Question, specially of course @ubonjoe : Is this really a new requirement or is it just this immi office making things up on-the-go, because they messed the first fund reporting date which should have ben in March? It is not about the proof itself, as he does not touch this account anyway, but the hassle of having to go back and forth without real legal basis

Sticker 1.jpg

Sticker 2.jpg

I wonder if this is why so many people are now having difficulties with the "90 day report on-line system", get them used to going to the office again and re-align dates of 90 day report and money report?

16 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Except they told him 1st to come back in 60 days, to show money as that aligned with his next "90 day report", and then to come back and report money again at the subsequent "90 day report" making proof of money at 60 days after and 150 days after.

How many more times during the year are they going to require money proof?

4 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

I have seen pics of this slip from various other offices, they are used in line with police order 35/2562 and they are - at least currently - only used for extensions based on retirement. So to answer your question, they seem to be centrally designed. If you are on any other extension / Visa, you will not have seen such a slip. 

I did my 90-day for retirement last week in Hua Hin at Blueport Mall and had to do nothing out of the ordinary, like you did.

2 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Tell how this works when one does their 90 day on line..........as more and more people are doing.

That another point mentioned in the OP's post.

Your first online 90 day would be after 270 days if you have to return twice at 3 month intervals to show proof of funds. 

4 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Tell how this works when one does their 90 day on line..........as more and more people are doing.

more and more people seem to be finding difficulties and land up having to go to the office in person.

it could be that the percentage of failures is the same but as more use it, more problems are reported.

7 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

more and more people seem to be finding difficulties and land up having to go to the office in person.

it could be that the percentage of failures is the same but as more use it, more problems are reported.

If I don't or can not use the internet--then an agent here will do it for 200 baht. Has a girl doing it all day, mainly for people living a bit out in the countryside---or who just do not want to bother going to the office.....some people just pay the 600 for the year. She has a big book page for each day. Print out and post to you if you never come into town.

Every-time I go onto these threads and reflect on the times we had to actually leave the country every 90 days...... I just don't remember as much moaning then as there is now....:coffee1:

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

How did they do that? Did you make the mistake of showing to much money in the bank or income?

They cannot force you or tell you to leave.

from what i have seen all these moves are about making some coin, they cannot make on 

married as it has to be vetted, so lots and lots of paperwork and silly rule changes all the time.

when on retirement fewer rules but then create little glitches that they or their agents can fix $$$$$ ....

my last visit my money in Bank and my separate monthly income combo was not correct, even though i had all the bank letters.

and another farang who had their money and income in same bank combo the exact opposite of mine  was also not correct....

plus lots of other lies....and as they say ''its up to them''

i was told i could not use the flights i had paid for, not true.

i do believe they used all my paperwork to gain a legit visa but made me pay stating co-vid travel restrictions meant i had no choice.  and i went to immigration for advice.. never again.

More scrutiny will be coming over all due to the issue of the immigrant worker scams in which some government workers were being found complicit, all in the context of covid control. As far as the extra stamp - I see them all doing it eventually. All the bribing  with immigration officers has got to raise some alarms , so these extra stamps come out to show the systems are being adhered to. But I won't be surprised if additional steps are taken in the future. Perhaps through the inadvertent effect of tighter border control and scrutiny (in light of the pandemic), maybe accepting a bribe will become a little risky for some offices. That may leave some in a tight spot.

7 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

Friend is of course more than just angry that he has to drive again 500km return to the immi office and also, this means that 90d reports for retirees would never again be possible online

Am I reading this incorrectly.   Your friend dealt with the Kanchanaburi immigration but is 500 KM away from their office?

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

It would be nice to know how many offices persist with this stupid requirement. There are ~ 80 imm offices. We are all aware of Jomtien doing this. Any ideas of total number. 

My guess perhaps 6 or 7.

Rayong can be added to the list of rogue offices insisting on this ridiculous requirement along with Kanchanaburi and Jomtien.

Archived