Promenanda ?

akampa

The Immigration Office at Promenada was where I did my last two 90 day reports.

Both times hassle-free, I was in and out in less than 10 minutes.

The mall as a whole does have a strange deserted quality about it.

Many shops closed and very few customers like so many other places in Chiang Mai.

4 hours ago, JingerBen said:

The mall as a whole does have a strange deserted quality about it.

I think that is why I have always enjoyed it, much as I enjoy exploring the upper levels of KSK.

I was devastated when Toms was replaced by Starbucks. Lovely space to work in.

7 hours ago, JingerBen said:

The Immigration Office at Promenada was where I did my last two 90 day reports.

Both times hassle-free, I was in and out in less than 10 minutes.

That's where I plan to do my next 90 day as I've currently been using the drive-up at the Airport location and the last few times it's been a little longer each time. Plus the driveway is a total cluster.

I tend to go to Rimping once a month at the Promenada so doing a 90 day isn't going out of my way.

I was at Rimping this last Saturday and ate lunch at The Dukes. As usual the whole mall is quiet.

I do tend to shop DIY occasionally and like what that store has to offer.

• Like 1

Just now, dingdongrb said:

That's where I plan to do my next 90 day as I've currently been using the drive-up at the Airport location and the last few times it's been a little longer each time. Plus the driveway is a total cluster.

I've done my last two 90 day there, for the reasons mentioned above and its 7 minutes by scooter so. I'm a morning person and even more deserted at that time. That said, the IO is happy to see you for that very reason. 

Promenada and KSK are basically dead, the powers that be had the notion that building more malls somehow equates to development. Starbucks replaced Toms ? Starbucks has never opened there, yes?! Starbucks closed their KSK store, closed the night market location, and not opening the Promenada shop. The thai owner is pretty up on his sales or potential sales, the best indication you have that all three of these location have flatlined. Speaking of coffee, mine is up and time for the morning walk.
Aloha

Was there last week and had lunch at Wine Connection and dropped into Rimping. 

While it is quiet on weekdays I'd suggest those who think it's dead try going on weekends or weeknights - weekends in particular it can get busy particularly if they've got some sort of promotion on. 

• Like 2