Kao Klai party told it will be blamed if Thailand doesn’t get vaccines due to its MPs criticisms

snoop1130

Kao Klai party told it will be blamed if Thailand doesn’t get vaccines due to its MPs criticisms

TSNBg3wSBdng7ijMh1FmIVLUtJAf3T4dx8vFZ3ZnVNi.jpg

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha warned the opposition Kao Klai (Move Forward) party that it must be held accountable if Thailand fails to receive the COVID-19 vaccines it has ordered because of the criticism of his government’s vaccine procurement plan by Kao Klai MPs during the censure debate.

“Mark your own words if there is a problem, you will be held responsible. If they (the vaccine suppliers) do not send us (the vaccines) as agreed because of this (censure debate), there will be problems,” said the prime minister, apparently in response to criticism from Kao Klai MP Wirote Lakkhana-esorn.

Wirote criticized the government for delays in the procurement of vaccines and accused the prime minister of resorting to the lèse majesté law to gag those who criticize the government’s vaccine procurement program.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/kao-klai-party-told-it-will-be-blamed-if-thailand-doesnt-get-vaccines-due-to-its-mps-criticisms/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2021-02-17

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

sinovac will be coming starting from 24.2.

but about astrazeneca I am confused - the 150k emergency order probably won't be coming.

it's production supposedly started in december, but there were recent contradictory statements that it's only starting now and another one, that production will start in may.

now I am waiting from astrazeneca to withdraw from the contract, which will leave thailand empty handed.

drop lese majeste charges against thanatorn and they might reconsider.

simples 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, internationalism said:

that production will start in may.

That date has been quoted in the last two days by two or three other news sources in Thailand.

The monsoon will be about to break in May. I always love that time of the year. 

Thailand government is competing with EU, USA, Australia, Japan and Canada for the vaccine rollout incompetence trophy. Each brings its own "strengths" to the competition, but Australia, Canada and Thailand are in same league because they do not have capability to manufacture a vaccine, despite being warned for years to get ready.  Thailand relies on China for vaccine, but Australia was considering China option and Canada gave China the proprietary information needed to make vaccine, but then China screwed Canada over and no vaccine for Canada. China also had spies in  Canada government facility and all sorts of critical information   taken back to China for years.  We  criticize Thailand for its desperate reliance on China, but  Canada government is in big trouble now with vaccine shortage now because its stupid government thought it would have big deal with China for supply. It also thought USA would supply vaccine.  Now Thailand makes similar poor strategy and assumes China will sell vaccine even though China has not vaccinated its own people yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"“Mark your own words if there is a problem, you will be held responsible. If they (the vaccine suppliers) do not send us (the vaccines) as agreed because of this (censure debate), there will be problems,”"

I think the PM is projecting the Thai mentality on these international companies

I doubt that you would hear in any of their boardrooms "the thais want to place a big order, but some of them also said things that hurt out feeling...so no sale!!"

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“Mark your own words if there is a problem, you will be held responsible. If they (the vaccine suppliers) do not send us (the vaccines) as agreed because of this (censure debate), there will be problems,” said the prime minister, apparently in response to criticism from Kao Klai MP Wirote Lakkhana-esorn.

Are the suppliers interested in Thailands censure debate...   pathetic leader.

Anyone thinking about going to Singapore to get vaccinated if this circus continues? I'm not sure if traveling there will require a vaccine and what it'd take to get back into Thailand at this time, but if things open up some I have that on the back burner as an option if Thais continue to spank each other rather than solving the problem.

To be fair, I don't think Thailand need widespread vaccinations and looking at the graph the pandemic is ending. Worldwide cases are declining extremely fast which is typical of the end of an epidemic and/or pandemic.

In 1-2 months cases will have dropped to levels we don't care about anymore.

Edited by DeeMak9

1 hour ago, DeeMak9 said:

To be fair, I don't think Thailand need widespread vaccinations and looking at the graph the pandemic is ending. Worldwide cases are declining extremely fast which is typical of the end of an epidemic and/or pandemic.

In 1-2 months cases will have dropped to levels we don't care about anymore.

no, thailand is not desperate for vax, but all medics should get one asap. That before the third wave comes and health system collapses (as in some other countries). There are some 1.5mln medics alone (so 3 mln doses, which are nowhere yet here).

no, on the graph still shows around 400k daily worldwide. There is fall, but certainly not rapid. I would say small, a few percent daily.

there are 3 new, dangerous strains (SA, UK, Brasil) and they already spread worlwide (including thailand in quarantine).

pandemic comes in waves, that despite of vax, because they don't protect against the new strains.

I would expect many more waves and danger situation for many years to come, until really good vax or/and medicine will be discovered

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, internationalism said:

no, thailand is not desperate for vax, but all medics should get one asap. That before the third wave comes and health system collapses (as in some other countries). There are some 1.5mln medics alone (so 3 mln doses, which are nowhere yet here).

no, on the graph still shows around 400k daily worldwide. There is fall, but certainly not rapid. I would say small, a few percent daily.

there are 3 new, dangerous strains (SA, UK, Brasil) and they already spread worlwide (including thailand in quarantine).

pandemic comes in waves, that despite of vax, because they don't protect against the new strains.

I would expect many more waves and danger situation for many years to come, until really good vax or/and medicine will be discovered

A few percent daily decline is not small. Its significant. In a little over 1 month the new cases worldwide declined with more than 50%. Also there are hundreds of strains already. Nothing much to worry about. None proven to be more dangerous, only more infectious.

Of course there will be more waves, but it will likely be like an influenza outbreak (there are vaccines, many people carry anti bodies) and borders and economies do no get shut for that.

It'll go fast from now.

Edited by DeeMak9

Watched some of the debate on the news. Two things struck me. 

Since the big concern is controlling the spread of COVID, one might expect not to see so many members not wearing masks or practicing distancing.

Then, even amongst mask wearers, there are so many fools that seem to believe they can't talk through a mask.