China says China, U.S. and Europe should work together to uphold multilateralism

snoop1130

9 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

made in china junk is clearly what people want otherwise China wouldnt be in the position they are in?

Made in China junk , is clearly what people working ,

on Zero hour contracts , can just about  afford .

Fyi , zero hour contracts , American concept ..

For Mexicans ...

8 hours ago, John Drake said:

Many years ago, I read a science fiction story, whose title I don't remember, in which almost the entire population was given a quota of goods they must consume every day, week, and month. And because it was considered psychologically destructive for the harm it might do to consumers' and producers' relationship to the means of production, people were not allowed to artificially use things until they wore out. So, for example, you couldn't artificially wear out your blue jeans by using a machine that would eventually create holes or tears. In this society, the elite were the ones who did not have to consume, who could live in isolation, in remote cabins, wearing flannel shirts, the same old dungarees, who need not own a phone or a television. Elites could enjoy life instead of consuming products. How far away is that reality today?

If you remember the book, please let me know. It sounds very interesting

11 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

Ah yes now its spent uranium in munitions.  But do you think banning it will help the 1,000's of people and the land that have been forever contaminated?

Maybe the west should sell the Chinese opium and then put gunboat outside the cities if they resist.  

Denying the past is denying the present.

I do not deny the past. On the contrary, I believe we should learn from past mistakes and not repeat.  China is engaging in terrible evil acts NOW.  Almost all of the world do not have death camps or slave labor camps run by military.

Throwing up past evil events from the western world to excuse China regime is nonsensical. Yes, the West did terrible things and you  take past events out of context. At the time the west was doing this, China was doing similar and worse. It had feudalism with slavery, forced castration to make eunuchs, torture including the public slicing of the flesh in public of the condemned, the horrific binding of women feet, war and other savagery.  Much of the world evolved and recognized it had to change and has changed.  China has not. It has become a focused evil empire intent on dominating its region and then the world. It devours what it can and defiles and desecrates the environment.

The free world took up arms to stop the last European madman (in Serbia/Bosnia)  who had concentration camps and genocide. It intervened against genocide Africa despite the efforts of China and Russia to sabotage such protection of  people. Today the free world is starting to unite against barbaric China and you offer justification for China concentration camps, harvest of organs from the poor, support of North Korea and Syria. China invades and bullies those who resist and corrupts  those it can in order to spread its contagion of  evil.

Your 1970's era communist party line no longer convinces those who are aware of the horrific campaign of abuse against the Uighurs, Tibetans and non Han peoples.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

Much of the world evolved and recognized it had to change and has changed.  China has not.

China changed a lot in recent years ( since Mao Tse Tung ) , the quality of life for chinese people is much better now .

That is why they like their authoritarian government . It enabled them to buy the things they produce ... and some Mercedes Benz or BMW's on top .

The problem is that by now , they think that they are capable of everything , and that nobody can stop them . ( South China Sea , Hongkong , Taiwan ... even the clashes on the Indian border in the Himalaya region  . They want expansion . Of their business and territory . They want to become the world's dominant player in economics and politics . The # 1 . Many , especially in China , already think that they reached that goal .

• Like 2

13 hours ago, curlylekan said:

If you remember the book, please let me know. It sounds very interesting

I seem to remember it being part of a "year's best" anthology. I can't even remember the author. But this was at least 35 years ago.