Bruce Springsteen fined $500 over drinking charge

snoop1130

Bruce Springsteen fined $500 over drinking charge

_116899853_d74f5f10-85d5-4e7e-9eb8-60e3492349ff.jpg

Springsteen was arrested and charged in New Jersey in November / REUTERS

Bruce Springsteen has been fined $500 (£355) after pleading guilty to consuming alcohol in a New Jersey national park where drinking is banned.

The 71-year-old rock star admitted drinking two shots of tequila on Sandy Hook beach in his home state.

But prosecutors dropped drink-driving and reckless driving charges against the star, who had initially pleaded not guilty to all three charges.

The singer was arrested in November and must also pay $40 (£28) in costs.

Full Story: https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-56185570

bbc.jpg

-- © Copyright BBC 2021-02-25

• Haha 1

he was tested and found to be well under the limit.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/feb/24/drink-driving-charges-against-bruce-springsteen-dropped

"Springsteen’s blood-alcohol level was measured at a quarter of the legal limit in New Jersey, but was still charged with driving while intoxicated and reckless driving."

"Those charges have been dismissed, but Springsteen was found guilty of drinking alcohol in a national park. He admitted the offence, and said he knew it was illegal to do so in the park, and was fined $500 plus $40 in court fees."

You're right, an ordinary Joe would have been well p'd with $500 for a couple of tequillas on the beach. Plus he lost his contract to advertise Jeeps. 2 very expensive shots. Only in America.

Edited by onthedarkside
quote of hidden post removed

8 minutes ago, Makoshark said:

He donates millions to the police departments in the neighborhood.  Anyone else would be found guilty and fined accordingly.  

don’t be fooled

I am not American so I am willing to be corrected here, but I don't believe that, in the US, the police and the judiciary are one and the same.

Edited by RuamRudy
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I am not American so I am willing to be corrected here, but I don't believe that, in the US, the police and the judiciary are one and the same.

Indeed they are.

And with the alcohol test coming back below the legal limit, no way he -- or anyone else -- could be convicted of DUI.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Makoshark said:

He donates millions to the police departments in the neighborhood.  Anyone else would be found guilty and fined accordingly.  

don’t be fooled

He was fined, for illegal drinking in a park.  How could he be fined for DUI when he wasn't over the legal limit?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Solinvictus said:

Ha, I'm seeing all these jokes about Jeep Cherokees all of a sudden and drunks who drive them. 555

Apparently the jeep ad was pulled. But will start again now that he wasnt dui.

• Haha 1

On 2/26/2021 at 4:56 PM, BobBKK said:

He sold out years ago just a Dem puppet now. Drink and drive?  no problem

On 2/26/2021 at 4:59 PM, BobBKK said:

How naïve

We get it guys. He's not a white supremacist Trump supporter so can do no right in your eyes.

Edited by onthedarkside

Looks to me like 'anyone' was disagreeing with the fact of the matter - that Springsteen was proven to be well under the legal limit - a fact that 'anyone' chose to ignore because they disagree with Springsteen on other matters.

Edited by onthedarkside
  • Like 1

On 2/26/2021 at 5:29 PM, polpott said:

We get it guys. He's not a white supremacist Trump supporter so can do no right in your eyes.

The law should be the law no matter who or what side you are on.

Edited by onthedarkside
personal comment removed

Two traffic violations in 40 years is a fairly pristine driving record, IMO. ZERO other criminal complaints.

Up until two years ago it was legal to consume alcohol in this park

Springsteen admitted guilt, for consumption in a banned area,  and paid a fine.

The other two charges seemed trumped-up.  

"The government does not believe it can sustain its burden of proof," Baker said of the two charges he was seeking to have dismissed.

Bruce Springsteen has drunk driving charges dropped, pleads guilty to alcohol consumption

“I had two small shots of tequila," the Boss told U.S. Magistrate Judge Anthony R. Mautone, who then assessed $540 in fines and penalties on the New Jersey rock icon.

The colloquy between the two established that Springsteen consumed the shots of tequila around 4 p.m. on Nov. 14 by the lighthouse keeper’s property on Sandy Hook in the Gateway National Recreation Area. Springsteen, who had gone there on motorcycle, acknowledged he knew it was illegal to consume alcohol on the federal property. Mautone pointed out that until two years ago, alcohol consumption was allowed within the confines of the national oceanfront park.

https://www.app.com/story/news/local/courts/2021/02/24/bruce-springsteens-dwi-charge-dropped-boss-admits-consuming-tequila/4558989001/

In related news, DJTJ says Springsteen benefits from "Liberal Privilege", while not acknowledging his own brushes with drunkeness.

Trump Jr. blames 'liberal privilege' for dismissal of Springsteen Sandy Hook DWI charge

https://www.app.com/story/entertainment/music/2021/02/25/springsteen-dwi-dismissal-blamed-trump-jr-liberal-privilege/6822888002/