Where to shop for nightlife clothing? (Men, clothes like Zara)

Genix

Find it a lot more difficult to find good clothing shops compared to the US. Zara is pretty much one of the very few options (at least that I'm aware).

Not a fan of clothing that's very loose, do prefer a nice fit.

Fashionable shirts, polos, jeans, pants, jean shorts etc one could wear to nice rooftops, clubs, etc.

Also open to more expensive shops.

Thanks in advance

On 2/25/2021 at 5:28 AM, Pilotman said:

MBK, Paragon etc, take a good deal of cash with you, you'll need it. 

One of the paradoxes of Thailand. Department stores seem to be more expensive than California ones. And so many people say that California is expensive.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, elgenon said:

One of the paradoxes of Thailand. Department stores seem to be more expensive than California ones. And so many people say that California is expensive.

and here they are mostly empty of real shoppers.  I wonder why? 

• Like 2

Some shops in centralworld paragon and Siam paragon . If you are bigger than Xl you will probably struggle to find clothes in boss , Armani etc that will fit apart from the odd t-shirt although Lacoste isn’t bad size wise. I usually get clothes brought out from the uk or shop in Singapore once a year for clothes that fit .

2 hours ago, elgenon said:

USA has always been relatively dirt cheap for clothing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/25/2021 at 8:28 PM, Pilotman said:

MBK, Paragon etc, take a good deal of cash with you, you'll need it. 

I and friends  who have visited BKK and Pattaya have had suits , jackets, shirts, shoes (hand made)  at shops in Pattaya, MBK and along Sukumvit RD for very resonable prices and good quality.

Any of the larger malls such as Central Lad Prao, Central Changwatena, Future Park Rangsit,  Mall Ngamawan and even little mall IT Square ,Laksi would have what the OP wants.

Edited by Tony125
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PGSan said:

You buy clothes that often !! 

No I buy more than once a year but online from uk.

Rest of the time I wear old clothes or Thai football shirt copies as I’m sitting around the house . No point in getting dressed up to watch tv with a pile of dogs sitting all over you is there ????

On 2/25/2021 at 10:37 PM, Genix said:

Find it a lot more difficult to find good clothing shops compared to the US. Zara is pretty much one of the very few options (at least that I'm aware).

Not a fan of clothing that's very loose, do prefer a nice fit.

Fashionable shirts, polos, jeans, pants, jean shorts etc one could wear to nice rooftops, clubs, etc.

Also open to more expensive shops.

Thanks in advance

Tailors are relatively cheap ... why don't you find one and get your clothes made to order? That's what I do. Most decent tailors will source specific patterns and materials for you. 

I have a couple I use for different things in BKK, and I'm told I always look good and have a good dress sense, fashionable but not swept by ridiculous trends.

You can get some cheap, short lived casual shirts and other clothes online too.

Zara has some great and very well priced stuff for sure! Massimo Dutti makes some nice stuff for reasonable prices, and I have found their clothes to wear well and to offer a range of trends - few shops in BKK e.g. Centralworld.

I get Facebook feeds and have bought a few patterned shirts from websites which always get comments ... and they were like $25 each i.e. fanfly.com ! I'm a clothes, shoe, and watch kinda guy - and enjoy to dress and take some effort and pride in my clothes when I go out ... that's when I'm not in board-shorts with wax stuck to me lol ????

For casual shirts in nice patterns and weaves Try Embassy Suit Gallery - slacks, chinos. They will make sure none of your clothes are glued together BUT you must stipulate this! They are very reasonably priced especially if you buy a bunch of clothes at the same sitting/fitting.

I would not recommend their suits though - the factory they send out to uses glue in the suits. They were in Lang Suan Road,  Chidlom nut now Sathorn

Address: 1789 Charoen Krung Rd, Yan Nawa, Sathon, Bangkok 10120, Thailand.

For business shirts, suits, blazers, jackets, coats, formal wear too there are few places in the world better than Narin Couture near BTS Nana. 

Address: 180 ซอย 8 Sukhumvit Rd, Khlong Toei, Bangkok 10110, Thailand.

Narin Couture has got an older styled traditional natural wooden facade, small boutique with two windows exhibiting some mannequins.

Narin is a master tailor trained and worked in Paris so he makes beautiful suits, shirts, slacks, and superb suits. He can make anything, absolutely anything you desire and can source the finest of materials. A suit handmade of fine fine Merino wool will set you back about $1000 up. A $300 to $500 suit from one of the many hawking Indian tailors just isn't in the same league as Narins creations.

Narin makes clothes for many of Thailand's upper middle class and richest people. No bartering on prices. His quoted price is his price. Narins' workers are all in the sewing room, a small crew of Thais, all trained and supervised by Narin. All clothes are sewn on small machines in-house, as true couture tailors do and nothing is sent out to be made.

If you're buying jackets and suits be very careful as ALL these other shops with only rare exceptions like Narins use glue to fix the skeleton/carcass inside the lining and outer of the jackets which will very quickly begin to shrink, warp, and eventually detach leaving your suits permanently crinkled and distorted which no amount of ironing/pressing will fix.

In fact pressing at dry cleaners accelerates this as the glue deteriorates under the high steam temperatures - but it will happen even using your home stream iron!

Normal wearing of the jacket, coat will make this happen to of course especially in hot humid climates like Asia. Enjoy your clothing journey ????????

• Like 2

On 2/25/2021 at 7:47 PM, Upnotover said:

Jean shorts

Please. These are called Jorts.

Ready to wear?

Just go to any mid-/up-market shopping mall. Most have a vast selection, either in single-designer shops, or mass market (H&M, Uniqlo).

Zara shops at EmQuartier, Paragon, Central World.

3 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Tailors are relatively cheap ... why don't you find one and get your clothes made to order? That's what I do. Most decent tailors will source specific patterns and materials for you. 

I have a couple I use for different things in BKK, and I'm told I always look good and have a good dress sense, fashionable but not swept by ridiculous trends.

You can get some cheap, short lived casual shirts and other clothes online too.

Zara has some great and very well priced stuff for sure! Massimo Dutti makes some nice stuff for reasonable prices, and I have found their clothes to wear well and to offer a range of trends - few shops in BKK e.g. Centralworld.

I get Facebook feeds and have bought a few patterned shirts from websites which always get comments ... and they were like $25 each i.e. fanfly.com ! I'm a clothes, shoe, and watch kinda guy - and enjoy to dress and take some effort and pride in my clothes when I go out ... that's when I'm not in board-shorts with wax stuck to me lol ????

For casual shirts in nice patterns and weaves Try Embassy Suit Gallery - slacks, chinos. They will make sure none of your clothes are glued together BUT you must stipulate this! They are very reasonably priced especially if you buy a bunch of clothes at the same sitting/fitting.

I would not recommend their suits though - the factory they send out to uses glue in the suits. They were in Lang Suan Road,  Chidlom nut now Sathorn

Address: 1789 Charoen Krung Rd, Yan Nawa, Sathon, Bangkok 10120, Thailand.

For business shirts, suits, blazers, jackets, coats, formal wear too there are few places in the world better than Narin Couture near BTS Nana. 

Address: 180 ซอย 8 Sukhumvit Rd, Khlong Toei, Bangkok 10110, Thailand.

Narin Couture has got an older styled traditional natural wooden facade, small boutique with two windows exhibiting some mannequins.

Narin is a master tailor trained and worked in Paris so he makes beautiful suits, shirts, slacks, and superb suits. He can make anything, absolutely anything you desire and can source the finest of materials. A suit handmade of fine fine Merino wool will set you back about $1000 up. A $300 to $500 suit from one of the many hawking Indian tailors just isn't in the same league as Narins creations.

Narin makes clothes for many of Thailand's upper middle class and richest people. No bartering on prices. His quoted price is his price. Narins' workers are all in the sewing room, a small crew of Thais, all trained and supervised by Narin. All clothes are sewn on small machines in-house, as true couture tailors do and nothing is sent out to be made.

If you're buying jackets and suits be very careful as ALL these other shops with only rare exceptions like Narins use glue to fix the skeleton/carcass inside the lining and outer of the jackets which will very quickly begin to shrink, warp, and eventually detach leaving your suits permanently crinkled and distorted which no amount of ironing/pressing will fix.

In fact pressing at dry cleaners accelerates this as the glue deteriorates under the high steam temperatures - but it will happen even using your home stream iron!

Normal wearing of the jacket, coat will make this happen to of course especially in hot humid climates like Asia. Enjoy your clothing journey ????????

He wants jean shorts for a roof top bar. He would be center of attention but doubt in a good way.

• Haha 1

On 2/27/2021 at 12:17 PM, PGSan said:

How do I distinguish ‘unreal shoppers’??

Ones that just wander around with no intention of buying.  My Mrs can shop for 5 hours and come back with a box of tissues and a tube of face cream, she is an unreal shopper, thank good ness. 

• Haha 1