Cycle Tracks Pattaya/Jomtien

deathstardan

I live in Bangkok. My 8 year old son and I go cycling quite often in Bangers. I know of a few dedicated cycle tracks around the city now in parks and so on.. All about 5 km loops. We usually do between 15-20 km.

I have been trying to google anything similar in Pattaya /Jomtien for our next trip. Take the bikes and away we go for the weekend. But I'm not having any luck finding tracks.

Does anyone know of anything similar  in the areas I mentioned?

Cheers!

139079660_10158037702752644_3020936640496718926_n.jpg

139267228_10158050206777644_6832162499674835904_o.jpg

144580006_10158085031537644_939351563956428907_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is a great bike path out past Ko Chee Chan, called "The Kings Path" Its strictly for bikes and is about 17km in length with alot of ups and downs, but quite a nice and beautiful ride.

Just to add something to the Lads Saddle position.

He should be able to touch the Ground when sitting on the Saddle .

BUT, only with one Leg down and with his Toes only, and the Bike jut leaning slightly into the Down Leg..

This will be his most comfortable position.

If you are a little more adventurous, there are Mountain Bike Trails at Khao Mia Kaeo which is only about 6 Km further East along 4240 Route from Mabpruchan ( Pong ) at the Khao Mia Kaeo Reservation Park.

Wherever you choose to go , be safe.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Just to add something to the Lads Saddle position.

He should be able to touch the Ground when sitting on the Saddle .

BUT, only with one Leg down and with his Toes only, and the Bike jut leaning slightly into the Down Leg..

This will be his most comfortable position.

If you are a little more adventurous, there are Mountain Bike Trails at Khao Mia Kaeo which is only about 6 Km further East along 4240 Route from Mabpruchan ( Pong ) at the Khao Mia Kaeo Reservation Park.

Wherever you choose to go , be safe.

You forgot 1 thing the bottom bracket on a Mountain bike is 2 inches or around 5 cm higher positioned (for adult bikes) than on a regular old lady bike. He has to sit perfect when he cycles not while standing still. ???? So the technique I explained is for a mountain bike style set-up. The one you talk about is for a regular bike set up yes it is more comfortable but not correct.

1 hour ago, Cake Monster said:

When all is said and done, the lad is just learning to enjoy cycling with his Father.

We can assist him, but he will find his own style as he advances and becomes more competent.

Its just good that he is enjoying himself on a Bike, and long may it continue.

Correct

Thanks for all the replies. Regarding the seat height, I think it's too low but he wants it there. He  can only just tip-toe the floor at the moment and wants to feel the floor. ( His words) lol!

Cheers! We are having a great time together!

Edited by deathstardan
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I recommend the cycle lane that skirts about 30% of Bang Phra reservoir near Sriracha, it’s almost exclusively used by runners, the serious cyclists are using the road.

I definitely do not recommend Mabprachan, well certainly not in the late afternoon/early evening. It’s swarming with a deadly mixture of families with young kids, dogs and speeding cyclists.

I rode it once and will not ride there again.