Thai government to purchase a further 35 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines

webfact

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

They didn't mention the study in Brazil

Sinovac: Brazil results show Chinese vaccine 50.4% effective https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-55642648

They did mention about the study in Brazil:

Sinovac's COVID-19 shot is 83% effective, not 91%, Turkey says

"Unlike global pharmaceutical companies' centralized clinical trial protocols, Chinese vaccine producers left the clinical trial protocol setting to each applier country's discretion," said professor Ali Yagiz Uresin, head of pharmacology and the clinical pharmacology department at Istanbul University's Istanbul Faculty of Medicine. This approach produced "very different scopes, volunteer profiles and case definitions, which caused very different clinical trial results in different countries, confusing public opinion."

"Unlike Turkey, Brazil's CoronaVac Phase 3 clinical trial was carried out entirely on health care workers, who are much exposed to the coronavirus," Uresin said. "Moreover, in Brazil's case there is a general efficacy segment which was slightly above the 50% mark, showing all PCR positive results, while Turkey's study is based on PCR positive cases as well as showing at least one symptom. Indeed, both Turkish and Brazilian studies show the vaccine is efficient and results are actually similar."

11 minutes ago, Selatan said:

They did mention about the study in Brazil:

Sinovac's COVID-19 shot is 83% effective, not 91%, Turkey says

Not in the link you originally gave me, which is what I was responding to. 

Unfortunately Sinovac itself has not released any scientific trial and development data, instead it relies on press releases with cherry picked information, this is one of the reasons WHO will not approve its use under EUL currently until more data is made available. However it seems you've got full trust in it already so its no problem for you and I'm sure you'll be more than happy to take it if offered. I myself won't.

Expert reaction to announcement of results of phase III of Sinovac vaccine 

"confused by the findings as presented in the press release. It appears to describe overall findings from Brazil and Turkey – presumably combining data from both countries; and then goes into more detail on the data from Turkey. As far as I can tell, no data is presented from the trials in Indonesia or Chile."

https://www.sciencemediacentre.org/expert-reaction-to-announcement-of-results-of-phase-iii-of-sinovac-vaccine-in-china/

You can view all the press releases by Sinovac here on their insecure and vulnerable website http://www.sinovac.com/?optionid=754

On 3/3/2021 at 9:20 AM, webfact said:

while 700 million Baht will be set aside for management and distribution of rollout of  the vaccine.

Nice little earner 10b from every man, woman and child in the country. Does no management exist already ?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not in the link you originally gave me, which is what I was responding to. 

Unfortunately Sinovac itself has not released any scientific trial and development data, instead it relies on press releases with cherry picked information, this is one of the reasons WHO will not approve its use under EUL currently until more data is made available. However it seems you've got full trust in it already so its no problem for you and I'm sure you'll be more than happy to take it if offered. I myself won't.

Expert reaction to announcement of results of phase III of Sinovac vaccine 

"confused by the findings as presented in the press release. It appears to describe overall findings from Brazil and Turkey – presumably combining data from both countries; and then goes into more detail on the data from Turkey. As far as I can tell, no data is presented from the trials in Indonesia or Chile."

https://www.sciencemediacentre.org/expert-reaction-to-announcement-of-results-of-phase-iii-of-sinovac-vaccine-in-china/

You can view all the press releases by Sinovac here on their insecure and vulnerable website http://www.sinovac.com/?optionid=754

As you can see, this Turkey result has just came out, which means Sinovac has not received all the results from its trial countries, so I wouldn't be surprised if there is a delay in publishing its results in detail. Don't forget, they did publish their Phase I and Phase II results in a scientific journal:

https://www.thelancet.com/article/S1473-3099(20)30843-4/fulltext

I'm more than happy to take Sinovac's vaccine simply because it is an inactivated vaccine. It's like getting an infection without getting the disease, so it would definitely work and safer too. The AstraZeneca vaccine contains a live modified virus and the mRNA vaccines infiltrate your cells to command them to produce spike proteins, which I think are definitely less safer than the traditional method - the inactivated virus method.

43 minutes ago, Selatan said:

As you can see, this Turkey result has just came out, which means Sinovac has not received all the results from its trial countries, so I wouldn't be surprised if there is a delay in publishing its results in detail. Don't forget, they did publish their Phase I and Phase II results in a scientific journal:

https://www.thelancet.com/article/S1473-3099(20)30843-4/fulltext

I'm more than happy to take Sinovac's vaccine simply because it is an inactivated vaccine. It's like getting an infection without getting the disease, so it would definitely work and safer too. The AstraZeneca vaccine contains a live modified virus and the mRNA vaccines infiltrate your cells to command them to produce spike proteins, which I think are definitely less safer than the traditional method - the inactivated virus method.

I'm far from trying to convince you otherwise, your choice if you have that opportunity.

Personally I see no reason to let China profit from the pandemic with a vaccine that they will not release full phase 3 trial data for and yet still promote its use regardless. Transparency is not one of their traits, manufacturing fake and faulty vaccines is (not referring to Sinovac here). Making people who complain of faulty vaccines in China disappear are all historical traits they have.

No thanks, I'll go with AZ or any other, I would even take Sputnik above Sinovac

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I'm far from trying to convince you otherwise, your choice if you have that opportunity.

Personally I see no reason to let China profit from the pandemic with a vaccine that they will not release full phase 3 trial data for and yet still promote its use regardless. Transparency is not one of their traits, manufacturing fake and faulty vaccines is (not referring to Sinovac here). Making people who complain of faulty vaccines in China disappear are all historical traits they have.

No thanks, I'll go with AZ or any other, I would even take Sputnik above Sinovac

Do you have face masks? Chances are, that the face masks that you have, were from China. Is China profiting from the pandemic? Of course. Too bad they are the factory of the world. Are you going to stop buying face masks from now on?

Just like with face masks, vaccine producers in China vary in sizes, so the quality of course differs. The ones that were involved in vaccine scandals in the past were mostly the smaller vaccine manufacturers, and China has around 50 vaccine manufacturers. Most importantly, a new, tougher law has been made against substandard vaccine and medicine producers. Want to risk getting long prison sentences or even the death penalty for fabricating data? I don't think Sinovac is that stupid or desperate.

I prefer inactivated vaccines, but too bad not a single US or European manufacturer is making them. All the current inactivated Covid-19 vaccines are from China, so if one is looking for an inactivated vaccine, it has to be from Sinopharm or Sinovac.

14 minutes ago, Selatan said:

Do you have face masks? Chances are, that the face masks that you have, were from China. Is China profiting from the pandemic? Of course. Too bad they are the factory of the world. Are you going to stop buying face masks from now on?

Just like with face masks, vaccine producers in China vary in sizes, so the quality of course differs. The ones that were involved in vaccine scandals in the past were mostly the smaller vaccine manufacturers, and China has around 50 vaccine manufacturers. Most importantly, a new, tougher law has been made against substandard vaccine and medicine producers. Want to risk getting long prison sentences or even the death penalty for fabricating data? I don't think Sinovac is that stupid or desperate.

I prefer inactivated vaccines, but too bad not a single US or European manufacturer is making them. All the current inactivated Covid-19 vaccines are from China, so if one is looking for an inactivated vaccine, it has to be from Sinopharm or Sinovac.

There's more than 28 factories in Thailand producing millions of facemasks daily, I've no need for Chinese ones. 

There may be a new law in China aimed to beef up vaccine quality but fake production is still a problem. 

Covid: Police break up 'fake vaccine network' in China and South Africa https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-56270243

Unlike you I have no preference on whether the vaccine I take is inactivated or not, so long as its WHO approved then thats adequate for worldwide use and so for me.

On 3/5/2021 at 5:40 PM, Bkk Brian said:

There's more than 28 factories in Thailand producing millions of facemasks daily, I've no need for Chinese ones. 

There may be a new law in China aimed to beef up vaccine quality but fake production is still a problem. 

Covid: Police break up 'fake vaccine network' in China and South Africa https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-56270243

Unlike you I have no preference on whether the vaccine I take is inactivated or not, so long as its WHO approved then thats adequate for worldwide use and so for me.

There are many facemask manufacturers in Malaysia too, but still not enough to cater for local demand. And the raw material for the masks are mainly from China. Most importantly, they can't compete on price, so a lot of face masks still needed to be imported from China, especially the N95 masks and PPE.

You are equating fake vaccine scammers with big vaccine manufacturers such as Sinopharm and Sinovac? Really? Are you insinuating that the Sinovac vaccines that were received by the Thai government were all fakes, containing only saline or mineral water, perhaps?

• Haha 1

On 3/3/2021 at 2:20 AM, webfact said:

while 700 million Baht will be set aside for management and distribution of rollout of  the vaccine.

I'm sure plenty of local politicians etc. will be very happy to 'help' with that.

Edited by KhaoYai

5 hours ago, Selatan said:

Are you insinuating that the Sinovac vaccines that were received by the Thai government were all fakes, containing only saline or mineral water, perhaps?

No but don't let that stop your imagination running wild. Happy sinovac vaccine to you..........????