SURVEY: Should Scotland seek independence from the UK?

Scott

SURVEY: Should Scotland seek independence from the UK?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 3/13/2021 at 11:04 AM, vogie said:
On 3/13/2021 at 10:21 AM, 7by7 said:

The will of the people of Scotland as expressed in 2014 was to remain in a UK which was a member of the EU.

That UK no longer exists.

Why are you so afraid of giving the people of Scotland the choice of remaining in the new UK or not?

Scotland was never in the EU!

When did I ever say that Scotland was?

Certainly not in the post you quoted!

I repeat, yet again, in the hope that this time you'll respond to what I actually say and ask rather than remarking on something I never said.

The will of the people of Scotland as expressed in 2014 was to remain in a UK which was a member of the EU.

That UK no longer exists.

Why are you so afraid of giving the people of Scotland the choice of remaining in the new UK or not?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, vogie said:

<snip>And I might suggest that most of the Scots agree with my views much to the consternation of the SNP.

If that is so, then you have nothing to fear from IndyRef 2!

So why are you so against giving the Scottish people the choice?

• Like 2

Now the SNP are having polls to see when they're going to have a poll and Angus Robertson is totally ecstatic about it, I thought it was going to be this year. If this is meant to keep the SNP followers gnashing at the bit, I think he has miscalculated judging by the reaction of the next post, another follower gone. ????????????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, tebee said:

I'd like to eliminate nationalism too, starting with the nationalism that drove the Brexit vote.

Ah the remainer mantra, unfortunately the only nationalists that are in Westminster as MPs are all SNPs, yet many on here are quite willing to support them, why is that tebee? 

• Like 1

On 3/14/2021 at 2:19 PM, Rookiescot said:

Bit late trying to get nationalism eradicated. Brexit is already done.

Why would you wish to eradicate nationalism when you yourself are a hardcore Scottish nationalist?

Once again you are showing your hypocrisy...

Scottish nationalism and leaving the UK is logical and virtuous.

British nationalism and leaving the EU is stupid and racist.

You can't have it both ways. Maybe you are much more similar to the Brexiteers that you so detest than you would like to admit? Maybe the insults to Brexiteers the last 5 years are simply projection?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, tebee said:

Are you suggesting nationalism had nothing to do with the Brexit vote?

Equally are you suggesting that UK nationalism has nothing to do with wanting to keep Scotland and NI as part of the UK?

I think the Scots were cheated, but surely you must agree that's what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

Just to clear things up, I am not suggesting anything, I am saying all this support for Scottish Nationalism is the result of a democratic vote and Scotland wasn't cheated out of anything as it was a UK vote, as soon as the remainers start recognising that fact they might be able to move on with their lives.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

You need to understand the difference between ethnic nationalism (the driving force behind Brexit) and civic nationalism, the aspirational goal of Scottish independence. 

We have understood that for a while RR, all forms of nationalism are bad except Scot nationalism which is good. ????????????

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

You need to understand the difference between ethnic nationalism (the driving force behind Brexit) and civic nationalism, the aspirational goal of Scottish independence. 

Purely your opinion, voiced in an attempt to disguise the ugliness of Scottish nationalism and the SNP.

Given the ethnic demographics of Scotland compared to the rest of the UK, it would be easy to make the case that Scottish nationalism has it's roots in ethnic nationalism, should one wish to do so.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

The opinion of many more than me, as demonstrated by the rancid racism from your Brexit leaders, lapped up eagerly but the racist Brexit supporters across England. The world watched in horror at what your country became. Scotland wasn't alone in that horror. 

Once again and true to form, purely unsubstantiated claims, hyperbole and the use of the R word when you don't have any compelling argument.

Why is it you really want to leave the ethnically diverse UK to isolate yourselves up in the north sea? Sounds like the European equivalent of North Korea.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

Simply a statement of fact. The EU is by in large governed by consensus.

The UK is governed by a right wing nationalist corrupt cabal.

I saw this morning the photos of the new UK press briefing room. £2.7 million for this.

I estimate £25,000 per chair; probably £100,000 for the Henry vaccum cleaner that is in the right of the photo, but that's still less than half a million. Who pocketed the rest?

EwiouyZXMAI0LaL.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Simply a statement of fact. The EU is by in large governed by consensus.

The UK is governed by a right wing nationalist corrupt cabal.

Whereas Scotland is governed by a left wing corrupt nationalist cabal.

The fact that the Scottish nationalists wish to remove themselves from the ethnically diverse United Kingdom and isolate itself in the North sea with no trade deals with it's closest trading partners is not a particularly progressive policy in my opinion.

It seems the majority Scots are waking up to the fact and support for second referendum is falling.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/19159508.scottish-independence-quarter-scots-support-indyref2-next-year-poll-suggests/

image.png.9470d1848e061a4923735dabef25754b.png

• Thanks 1

Just now, RuamRudy said:

I saw this morning the photos of the new UK press briefing room. £2.7 million for this.

I estimate £25,000 per chair; probably £100,000 for the Henry vaccum cleaner that is in the right of the photo, but that's still less than half a million. Who pocketed the rest?

EwiouyZXMAI0LaL.jpg

Dyson wont be happy with Henry sitting in the corner ????.

Given how much he has donated to the Conservatives and his support for Brexit.

Odd he left the UK and moved to Singapore as soon as the referendum was done.

• Like 1