SURVEY: Should Scotland seek independence from the UK?

Scott

SURVEY: Should Scotland seek independence from the UK?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, 7by7 said:

The post in question, in full, is

Hence my question.

Instead of making up an excuse for dodging it, why not answer it?

I did answer it.

The general election came after the referendum. The figures of who voted for who has no bearing. The leave vote was over 50%.

Thus, your question has no relevance to the Brexit vote.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I did answer it.

The general election came after the referendum. The figures of who voted for who has no bearing. The leave vote was over 50%.

Thus, your question has no relevance to the Brexit vote.

Your dodging it again has actually answered it.

• Like 2

Just now, youreavinalaff said:

No. You are incorrect. My repeat of my first answer means I have answered your question twice.

Have you given a straight yes or no answer? No, you have not.

All you have done is give specious reasons for not giving that straight answer.

The straight answer you demand from others!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

She will still be guilty in the eyes of Brexiteers and British/English nationalists.

Just as Salmond was even after having been found to be not guilty by the courts.

Of course as soon as it suited their purposes Salmond became a victim of conspiracy and was now an innocent man.

Give it a couple of months and there's every chance Salmond will be back to being a figure of hate for them.

I am sure that she is guilty in many Scottish Nationalists eyes too, but will they admit it, of course not it just wouldn't fit in with their narrative now would it. 

But wait a second, who was this mysterious poster who was saying. ⬇️⬇️⬇️

????????????

On 3/1/2021 at 11:04 AM, Rookiescot said:

If you ask me she should resign right now. Definitely something stinky going on. And even if its not her its happened on her watch.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

There has definitely been something awry in how the whole affair was dealt with, but her integrity remains unsullied despite the best efforts of the Nasty Party. I think so close to an election, it is the wrong time to change leaders.

I look forward to the Nasty Party trying to claim that their collective silence over Johnson's misleading of parliament, his lying to the queen, his corruption, plus, of course the illegal activities of Hancock, the bullying by Patel etc, is not a sign of their odious politicising and hypocrisy.

Even Starmer called for Sturgeon to resign before she was cleared of wrong-doing, but said that Johnson should stay despite his repeated lying to parliament. Is there a single Yoon politician who is not a lying hypocrite?

Also, it is worth noting that whoever leaked the Holyrood committee report is guilty of breaching ministerial code. Their collective cowardice will come to the fore in the coming days, no doubt, as they all deny responsibility. I hope that there is a full inquiry into their actions, and that the culprit is dealt with appropriately. 

I am sure that the electorate will look at it all and conclude who is in the right and who is in the wrong. 

I have to say I am enjoying the meltdown of the unionists. They had worked themselves into such a feeding frenzy they are now venting with fury but their leaders are curiously silent. Lady Davidson is posted missing. Rent a quote Jackie Baillie has gone to ground somewhere. Wee Willie Rennie is hiding behind the sofa.

The unionist media is also devastated. Not since Salmond was acquitted have I seen them so crestfallen.

Absolutely delicious.

And since we ALL believe in the polls again.

New poll on Scottish independence records majority for Yes | The National  

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

I have to say I am enjoying the meltdown of the unionists. They had worked themselves into such a feeding frenzy they are now venting with fury but their leaders are curiously silent. Lady Davidson is posted missing. Rent a quote Jackie Baillie has gone to ground somewhere. Wee Willie Rennie is hiding behind the sofa.

The unionist media is also devastated. Not since Salmond was acquitted have I seen them so crestfallen.

Absolutely delicious.

And since we ALL believe in the polls again.

New poll on Scottish independence records majority for Yes | The National  

Their tacticians are surely for the chop; their attempt to bring down Sturgeon seems to have been a spectacular own goal. Apparently another 10,000 people signed up for the SNP in the past 2 weeks. 

I wonder will Dross last the year? He will most likely scrape in to Holyrood on a list seat, being too cowardly to (1) give up his Westminster seat; (2) stand in a constituency seat. I am actually looking forward to the mauling he is going to take week after week in Edinburgh - generally I would not cheer the repeated humiliation of anyone, but here is a former playground bully with, seemingly, nothing in his personality to like. I will make an exception in this case and take delight in his being repeatedly exposed as the arrogant, incompetent charlatan he truly is. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Their tacticians are surely for the chop; their attempt to bring down Sturgeon seems to have been a spectacular own goal. Apparently another 10,000 people signed up for the SNP in the past 2 weeks. 

I wonder will Dross last the year? He will most likely scrape in to Holyrood on a list seat, being too cowardly to (1) give up his Westminster seat; (2) stand in a constituency seat. I am actually looking forward to the mauling he is going to take week after week in Edinburgh - generally I would not cheer the repeated humiliation of anyone, but here is a former playground bully with, seemingly, nothing in his personality to like. I will make an exception in this case and take delight in his being repeatedly exposed as the arrogant, incompetent charlatan he truly is. 

If you want a laugh read this thread from the beginning again.

Some of those posts have not aged well. ???? 

• Haha 2

Just been reading that in the past month, the Tories have tweeted 181 times about Nicola Sturgeon, calling for her to resign. 

In the same time, when Johnson has genuinely been found, again, to have lied to parliament, they have made no comments on it whatsoever. Tories truly are shameless liars. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Still dodging the question, and now resorting to personal insults.

How old are you; 10?

Funnily enough, if I were only 10, that would make you look a little silly as I seem to have more knowledge of election and referendum voting procedures than you do.

I have stated that the less than 50% that the Tories got in the last election has no bearing on Brexit. The referendum had a majority of OVER 50% and therefore "leave" was how any future government should have moved forward. That is what the Tories did. You questioned the new governments mandate to act upon that vote even though less than 50% of the electorate voted for them.

Sadly, for you and your argument, that theory is flawed. You need to look at the laws. The Tory government has more than 50% representation in parliament. Therefore, if all of their MPs are in agreement, they have the mandate to proceed. This is clearly backed up by the previous government not being able to proceed because they could not get a majority vote in parliament. It is doubly backed up by the fact that Scotland could not proceed with independence as their referendum did not achieve 50% even though the SNP had a majority in Scottish Parliament.

So let's make it simple for you. The %%% of votes attained by the Tories in the last election has NO bearing on how Brexit should have moved forward. It has NO bearing on the referendum result. It is NOthing to do with it.

The argument that you used was in reference to Scotland needing more than 50% in a referendum to go ahead with independence. I'm quite sure, after all the posts you have made on the matter, you understand that referendums and general elections are voted for under different systems. Thus, your comparison in the two in your question is flawed and a simple "YES" "NO" answer cannot be offered without a clear explanation backing up the reasons why. Which I have now done 3 times.

I hope that makes it clear.

Edited by youreavinalaff

1 hour ago, youreavinalaff said:

Funnily enough, if I were only 10, that would make you look a little silly as I seem to have more knowledge of election and referendum voting procedures than you do.

I have stated that the less than 50% that the Tories got in the last election has no bearing on Brexit. The referendum had a majority of OVER 50% and therefore "leave" was how any future government should have moved forward. That is what the Tories did. You questioned the new governments mandate to act upon that vote even though less than 50% of the electorate voted for them.

Sadly, for you and your argument, that theory is flawed. You need to look at the laws. The Tory government has more than 50% representation in parliament. Therefore, if all of their MPs are in agreement, they have the mandate to proceed. This is clearly backed up by the previous government not being able to proceed because they could not get a majority vote in parliament. It is doubly backed up by the fact that Scotland could not proceed with independence as their referendum did not achieve 50% even though the SNP had a majority in Scottish Parliament.

So let's make it simple for you. The %%% of votes attained by the Tories in the last election has NO bearing on how Brexit should have moved forward. It has NO bearing on the referendum result. It is NOthing to do with it.

The argument that you used was in reference to Scotland needing more than 50% in a referendum to go ahead with independence. I'm quite sure, after all the posts you have made on the matter, you understand that referendums and general elections are voted for under different systems. Thus, your comparison in the two in your question is flawed and a simple "YES" "NO" answer cannot be offered without a clear explanation backing up the reasons why. Which I have now done 3 times.

I hope that makes it clear.

A lengthy way of dodging the question, with additional insults thrown in for good measure. The only surprise is that, unlike your posts elsewhere, you're not insulting my wife as well!

The actual question was: "Many Brexiteers and those opposed to IndyRef2 have made it clear that they only believe in democracy when the result suits them. Are you in that group?"

A simple question which only requires a simple Yes/No answer; which you have consistently failed to provide.

You can provide one now, or you can post yet another lengthy excuse for dodging it: complete with insults. But I'm done playing Paxman to your Howard.

Edited by 7by7
typo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

I thought this thread would be busy today with unionists and British/English nationalists wishing to retract their smears against Sturgeon.

But it just seems to be empty. 

image.png.06d31fa71c946872c7c32bf25fbf214b.png

On 3/1/2021 at 11:04 AM, Rookiescot said:

If you ask me she should resign right now. Definitely something stinky going on. And even if its not her its happened on her watch.

You first!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 7by7 said:

A lengthy way of dodging the question, with additional insults thrown in for good measure. The only surprise is that, unlike your posts elsewhere, you're not insulting my wife as well!

The actual question was: "Many Brexiteers and those opposed to IndyRef2 have made it clear that they only believe in democracy when the result suits them. Are you in that group?"

A simple question which only requires a simple Yes/No answer; which you have consistently failed to provide.

You can provide one now, or you can post yet another lengthy excuse for dodging it: complete with insults. But I'm done playing Paxman to your Howard.

No. The question was regarding the less than 50% of votes the Tories got in the most recent election.

With regards to the above question, I did point out that I am more than happy for Scotland to have Indyref2. Thus, answering your question. 

25 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Nice that you only quoted part of my post.

Being economical with the truth again rookie, here is your post in all of its entirety, exactly the same as I posted last time.

Screenshot_2021-03-23-18-50-52-698.jpeg

• Like 1