Visit in Europe and return to Thailand

Daniel55

Hello, 

Since 2019 I have been staying and working legally in Bangkok, Thailand. With work permit and visa non-b.  

It is possible that in April/May I will have to go to my home country in Europe, however I would like to come back to Thailand after 2-3 weeks and continue my work.  

So the question is-is it possible, if so under what conditions (quarantine,  pcr tests,  insurance) ?

I would like to mark the fact,  I am not here as tourist, I stay here permanently. 

I will be glad if you can answer straight or send some link to full information about it

Thank you, 

Daniel

On 3/10/2021 at 4:57 AM, Daniel55 said:

...So the question is-is it possible, if so under what conditions (quarantine,  pcr tests,  insurance) ?...

Yes, the whole lot plus Certificate of Entry (CoE), Fit-to-fly certificate and Covid-19 health insurance, but check with the embassy whether your type of re-entry permit currently qualifies you for the CoE. Of course you can never be sure if the conditions change before the date of your return flight to BKK.

One wonders what is so important that there is a need to return to Europe so soon.?

Could you not delay it.?

Given that probably by the end of the year, armed with a covid vaccination passport (yes, don't doubt that all airlines will require one before allowing boarding) entry to Europe and return to Thailand by then should be without the need for quarantine, and thus a whole lot easier than now..!

I guess you're aware of the 'repatriation' flights to Thailand from numerous locations and to use these flights the person must have a COE Certificate of Entry to present at the departing airport and again on arrival in Thailand. The COE gained through the local Thai embassy or consulate in the departing country.

There's not many scheduled inter. flights into Thailand but perhaps this will slowly increase. But this is complex in terms of a COE to enter Thailand.

There's also now approved 'semi-commercial' flights which fly into Thailand but the passenger must have a COE to present at the departing airport and on arrival in Thailand. The COE is gained through the local Thai embassy of consulate in the departing country.

The 'semi-commercial flights listing is prepared and updated by the Thai Thai Department of Consulate Affairs in Bangkok.

The web address for the approved semi-commercial flights list:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ijBJOTgFJPAuWUfkPIA60iniXB9j9Ba2XHafXzA6JCw/edit#gid=1995000412

Some of the semi-commercial flights appear on the normal flights website for the airline.

Some of the semi-commercial flights DON'T appear on the normal flights website and the passenger must contact them by Phone.

Some of the airlines in this 'scheme' offer reduced/much reduced fares, some don't. Case by case.

Good luck.

Unless it’s absolutely essential to go I would avoid it. The process of getting a COE to return is quite involved and there is the expense and drawback of quarantine. Often things can go wrong in the process. I’ve done it  to return here and described it like having half a dozen spinning plates and one can come down expensively smashing it all on the floor. You never know what might change while away and have to consider the potential to become stranded.

• Like 2

Once you're in Europe there's the further risk of the country you're in not allowing you out or not allowing any flight out. Most will say things should be better everywhere in three month's time but from my own harrowing experience over the past year, from bad to worse is how things have gone so far.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, scorecard said:

...Some of the airlines in this 'scheme' offer reduced/much reduced fares, some don't. Case by case...

And sadly, some airlines take your money for a flight reservation, then cancel the flight and fob you off with a voucher instead of refunding your money or putting you on flight of another airline, at their cost.

If you want to travel to Europe for 2-3 weeks only, you need to start the CoE process early, while already in Thailand. It's very easy, send them the passport picture, visa picture and the insurance certificate. They will respond within a few days, then you have a few weeks time to respond with the ASQ booking certificate and the flight tickets, then you get your CoE.

About the scaremongering how your tickets will be cancelled => just pick a good airline, not those who have a track record of cancellations. Current CoE rules also allow some flexibility, so if your flight is cancelled you may take another flight the same day (please verify this first.)

There are no more "repatriation flights", just normal commercial flights. My flight to BKK had in addition to me only 3 others in business , and three dozen in Economy. The whole process is a no-hassle, no-brainer, much easier than it was when I took one of the first ASQ flights last summer. Dmn what a panic flight that was.

Feels like people giving advice on this subject have submerged under some depression and think that the emergency of last year is still on. Pretty much normal.

It's my 3rd ASQ trip and I'm sitting tight the next 2 weeks in the hotel enjoying a few bottles of nice white wine, time flies. Arrived today. I should have picked another hotel this time, though. The Sathorn area has a very bad air, PM is high even on Saturday.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Puccini said:

And sadly, some airlines take your money for a flight reservation, then cancel the flight and fob you off with a voucher instead of refunding your money or putting you on flight of another airline, at their cost.

Overall can be true, and that includes airlines who are not listed in the 'Semi-commercial' flights. 

Flights on the ''Semi-commercial' are approved by the department of Consular Affairs in Bangkok which is one of the main arms of a respected government ministry with international reach. I somehow doubt that any airline which had 'tricked' passengers in any way would be on, or remain on, the 'Semi-commercial' flights spreadsheet. 

Do I have specific evidence? No I don't.

I can say I have spoken directly to Singapore Airlines* re their listed 'Semi-commercial' flight and any possibility of changing dates, refunds etc. Their response was; can change dates, yes can get a refund.

(*I spoke directly with SQ in Singapore, not a booking agency).

On 3/10/2021 at 10:57 AM, Daniel55 said:

I would like to mark the fact,  I am not here as tourist, I stay here permanently. 

As it stands at the moment, working or tourist you will be treated the same way.

If you leave Thailand and return you must fulfill all the documentation and enter quarantine.

On 3/13/2021 at 9:19 AM, JackGats said:

Once you're in Europe there's the further risk of the country you're in not allowing you out or not allowing any flight out. Most will say things should be better everywhere in three month's time but from my own harrowing experience over the past year, from bad to worse is how things have gone so far.

You can always leave as within EU borders are open.  Only UK requires permission. Nobody will stop you to return to work.

Thank you for your answers, one more time. I think it will be better to wait until October to visit my country when these all unnecessary covid restrictions will disappear. 

Another thing is- from medical reasons (anaphylactic shock, I have medical certificate for it) I absolutely cannot take any vaccine for covid. Especially that a lot of  people had healthy problems after those "vaccines" and will have in Future (because virus is mutate and will hit vaccined people stronger than others). 

In other hand if there are contraindications, nobody can force you to take any vaccine and nobody can limit you in travel because it is against the international laws (in theory, we will see in practice). 

Regards,

Daniel