Benz/BMW - Not That Expensive. What's the alternative?

pedro01

On 3/12/2021 at 3:49 AM, GWS said:

I wouldn't get to excited about parking cones getting moved for a  German car. My slightly modified Ford  Everest usally gets the same service in most non rural shopping center car parks which I always decline. Saying that i have no intention of parking at EmQuartier either.

I wouldnt use the word excited, I usually use the valet parking.

But at least  o

On 3/12/2021 at 3:49 AM, GWS said:

I wouldn't get to excited about parking cones getting moved for a  German car. My slightly modified Ford  Everest usally gets the same service in most non rural shopping center car parks which I always decline. Saying that i have no intention of parking at EmQuartier either.

I wouldnt use the word excited, I usually use the valet parking.

Fot those hankering for a point.

Look at the price and perfirmance of a Golf GTi here.

Compare to the AMG 250.

And then find a Jap equivalent.

They dont exist.

I think theres a lot of cool models without equivalent here.

Edited by pedro01
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

FYI, he started out working on cars in his family gas station as a teenager, wrote a book on auto repair, worked on CBS, won an Emmy award and now makes millions on his YouTube channel helping people not get ripped off on German pieces of <deleted>, as well as hundreds of other tips to help people save money on unnecessary maintenance.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hotcars.com/heres-how-scotty-kilmer-amassed-his-10-million-net-worth/amp/

You don't know what you're talking about. ????

Well if he’s rich and popular on youtube he must really be something....not.

If any of you guys have a Merc which is less than three years old you can buy extra manufactures warranty ... it is exactly the same as the first three years. There will be a price rise the end of this month.

I extended to eight years last year. Each corner of the air suspension costs about 100,00thb, both the air pump and screen are about the same. Air con system comp is not far off that either. So I will be able to sleep at night and also it would help in selling if I ever considered.  

Someone mentioned the XC60, that is nice and we considered, but made less sense that the W213  as our Everest has only done 39K kms. and is still like new. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

If any of you guys have a Merc which is less than three years old you can buy extra manufactures warranty ... it is exactly the same as the first three years. There will be a price rise the end of this month.

I extended to eight years last year. Each corner of the air suspension costs about 100,00thb, both the air pump and screen are about the same. Air con system comp is not far off that either. So I will be able to sleep at night and also it would help in selling if I ever considered.  

Someone mentioned the XC60, that is nice and we considered, but made less sense that the W213  as our Everest has only done 39K kms. and is still like new. 

Much appreciated!

2 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

Much appreciated!

If you have an EQ you should join MBEQ-TH ... I'm the only foreigner in 300 members ...we do CSR events eg  w/e event including eg gifts and money to Orphanages ... Cov-19 has put the kybosh on events a bit. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JAS21 said:

If you have an EQ you should join MBEQ-TH ... I'm the only foreigner in 300 members ...we do CSR events eg  w/e event including eg gifts and money to Orphanages ... Cov-19 has put the kybosh on events a bit. 

Pretty sure the 3 liter twin turbo V6 would have me banned for life.

On 3/11/2021 at 5:58 PM, SiSePuede419 said:

According to a mechanic with over 50 years experience (yeah, what does he know? ????)...

Mercedes/BMW/Audi/VW/Porsche all fall apart at high mileage, and need expensive repairs (Germans don't make low maintenance cars that are easy to repair) and turn into ENDLESS MONEY PITS.

Way better off buying a Toyota or Honda.  <deleted> "fun to drive" or "good looks". ????

yes, way better to buy a <deleted> car and look like a cheap charlie just to save money ! hahaha so funny !

I think i would prefer suicide than living this low so life...

16 hours ago, pedro01 said:

The fella that had this flatbed ended up giving me a card which he stamped every time he picked it up.

10 picks up and your next was free.

It's gone now. The repairs were free.

With Benz, it's a much shorter warranty and no free servicing, so you are mostly paying for the car. 

With BMW, warranty is longer as is the 'free servicing' - and there's 60% tax on all of it (I believe), even though it's obviously not car you are paying for.

I've soured on BMW a little, obviously.

FlatBEd.jpg

This is where BMW usually spend their time.

I have never had any problem with any of the benz.

1 hour ago, l4ml4m said:

yes, way better to buy a <deleted> car and look like a cheap charlie just to save money ! hahaha so funny !

I think i would prefer suicide than living this low so life...

Let me see if I understand - you bought a German car so you would not look like a cheap charlie ?

• Haha 1