Dumped British TV host Morgan pours more scorn on Meghan suicide, racism claims

webfact

On 3/12/2021 at 2:05 PM, CharlieH said:

At 72 whenever he does take over it wont be for very long that's for sure.

Not sure about that at all given his genetic inheritance (mother, grandmother, father) for very long life and healthy lifestyle (non smoker) and not obese.Could easily last another 25 years.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

It's not like faux news, it's Netflix and they would not preset this kind of thing if it weren't true.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/netflix/the-crown/the-crown-netflix-fact-fiction-royal-family-disclaimer-b1766947.html

However, a statement from Netflix to The Mail on Sunday said it is widely understood that The Crown is a work of fiction.“We have always presented The Crown as a drama, and we have every confidence our members understand it’s a work of fiction that’s broadly based on historical events,” the statement said.

Netflix themselves have acknowledged that it's a work of fiction.

Edited by 2530Ubon
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Yes, they also have a documentary about the privatization of the penal system in the United States. It's titled "Orange is the New Black" and it is very informative about how many of these institutions are actually operated. Actors are playing fixational characters, but everything else is based on fact.  

???? When did the term 'drama' become equivalent to 'documentary'? 

Edited by 2530Ubon
  • Like 1

Ok, you're either super sarcastic or being serious - I can't tell! I genuinely thought the Orange is the New Black remark was a joke...

https://graziadaily.co.uk/life/tv-and-film/much-orange-new-black-actually-true-story/

As Piper herself said in an NBC interview: 'The Netflix series is an adaptation, and there are tremendous liberties. What that means is that when you watch the show, you will see moments of my life leap off the screen, such as Larry Bloom's proposal to Piper Chapman, [which] is not so very different from the way my husband, Larry Smith, proposed to me. There are moments in the very first episode, like when Piper Chapman insults Red, who runs the kitchen with an iron fist — that is actually very closely derived from what's in the book and from my own life. But there are other parts of the show which are tremendous departures and pure fiction.'

18 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Of course they have to say that to protect themselves. Don't be so naive...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drama

Drama is the specific mode of fiction represented in performance: a play, opera, mime, ballet, etc., performed in a theatre, or on radio or television.

Edited by 2530Ubon
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/netflix/the-crown/the-crown-netflix-fact-fiction-royal-family-disclaimer-b1766947.html

However, a statement from Netflix to The Mail on Sunday said it is widely understood that The Crown is a work of fiction.“We have always presented The Crown as a drama, and we have every confidence our members understand it’s a work of fiction that’s broadly based on historical events,” the statement said.

Netflix themselves have acknowledged that it's a work of fiction.

it's not a documentary, and yes the scenes are "produced", yet all the historical events depicted in the show are true and the reactions of the Palace and the characters in the Palace are "as is" according to insiders. What was actually said and where they were said are not "as is", but the whole ambiance and depictions of characters are very accurate according to insiders, like being there.

It does give an insight to the whole drama of why Megan feels rejected, it's not the first time that issue is being raised in that royal family.

Anyway, a very good show if you want to have a deep and intimate look at the Royal family ????

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Yes, they also have a documentary about the privatization of the penal system in the United States. It's titled "Orange is the New Black" and it is very informative about how many of these institutions are actually operated. Actors are playing fixational characters, but everything else is based on fact.  

I wouldn't go that far about Orange is the New Black ???? but yes, possible, but plenty of real documentary on real prisons so no need a work of fiction to understand the US Penal System

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Of course they have to say that to protect themselves. Don't be so naive...

6 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

When they are made dramatic?

I actually believed you were joking when you made your statement claiming Orange is the New Black is a documentary?

Apparently, not.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

I actually believed you were joking when you made your statement claiming Orange is the New Black is a documentary?

Apparently, not.

I should not have said documentary, but the shows are dramatizations based loosely on actual events. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I should not have said documentary, but the shows are dramatizations based loosely on actual events. 

That seems reasonably accurate. Although usually these shows start out sticking more closely to the facts and then extrapolate pretty wildly.

15 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

Deep & intimate; two words that are never associated with our British Royal Family.

There were no insiders - it’s written by a guy called Peter who openly admits it’s HIS take on things. The Royal Family are notoriously secretive and despite Harry’s poor form, keep their dirty laundry away from prying eyes. The fact they haven’t defended themselves against the recent bad press should be evidence enough.

Insiders who watched the series, not created, are saying it's accurate in its mind and spirit, of course the actual dialogues are not the same, it's fiction, that was my point.

I also assume that the writers, like any good writers, did some minimum research and consulted other insiders to make the story a little more real. Not that it makes it more than a TV show drama.

anyway, brilliant show for anyone who want to be plunged into the inner circle of the Royal family like you were there ????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

it's not a documentary, and yes the scenes are "produced", yet all the historical events depicted in the show are true and the reactions of the Palace and the characters in the Palace are "as is" according to insiders. What was actually said and where they were said are not "as is", but the whole ambiance and depictions of characters are very accurate according to insiders, like being there.

It does give an insight to the whole drama of why Megan feels rejected, it's not the first time that issue is being raised in that royal family.

Anyway, a very good show if you want to have a deep and intimate look at the Royal family ????

Perhaps the reason Markel feels rejected in that Royal family is found with that Royal family hiring external lawyers and investigators to examine claims from the Royal staff of bullying by Markel.

On 3/21/2021 at 11:22 AM, jayboy said:

Not sure about that at all given his genetic inheritance (mother, grandmother, father) for very long life and healthy lifestyle (non smoker) and not obese.Could easily last another 25 years.

But he could easily be in his 80's by the time his mother pops her clogs. 

14 hours ago, Neeranam said:

But he could easily be in his 80's by the time his mother pops her clogs. 

If he has any sense he'll pass and let William take over. I doubt he'll say so before she dies as it might upset her, though IMO she should have abdicated and let Charles have his turn 20 years ago.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If he has any sense he'll pass and let William take over. I doubt he'll say so before she dies as it might upset her, though IMO she should have abdicated and let Charles have his turn 20 years ago.

I don't think that timing would have worked too well somehow.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/11/2021 at 11:51 AM, bkkcanuck8 said:

He walked off the set - after that I don't know what happened.  It was a fire-able offense... but I suspect he already has something lined up with more money since the whole scene seems to be an overreaction almost like it was staged by him.   Either that or he is a sniveling cry baby who can dish it out but if challenged he takes his ball and goes home.

He had been offered a far better job .

Dollars more .

The timing was perfect ...

Apart from that , i will join the club . 

We hate ,  Piers Morga ...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If that had happened then the Royal family would be no more and we would be the United(ish) Republic of GB&NI.

Charles wouldn't be any good, he's too busy talking to the plants to be king:

In a previous 1986 interview, Prince Charles explained that he talks to every plant he meets. He said: "I just come and talk to the plants, really – very important to talk to them. They respond."

Edited by 2530Ubon

Some more of Megan's lies surfacing. I have such a feeling that Harry isn't the sharpest knife in the kitchen drawer.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/marriage-certificate-proves-harry-meghan-114436487.html

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have finally admitted to The Daily Beast that they were not married three days before their official ceremony, as they had claimed in their interview with Oprah Winfrey.

The belated admission on the record, which follows several anonymous briefings to journalists, marks the end of a tortuous saga that began when Meghan told Oprah she and Harry tied the knot “in our backyard” three days before the $50 million public wedding on May 19, 2018.

• Like 2

Looks like he is doing a Trump style "double down". Alot of guys with uncontrollable egos tend to go this way. Rather than show any humility, sorrow, empathy, or open mindedness, they just kind of crawl into a shell of their own making, and insist the world is against them. 

The UK has a long history of very strong repression of it's colonists. You can call it institutional racism, or you can call it something else. That term seems to be a real hot button for hundreds of millions of white people these days. I am white. I can admit to the incredible cruelty and racism of very signirifanct numbers of people within my race, in the past. In my opinion what Meghan said was not unbelievable, or remarkable on any level. The fact that it was said, is what rankles so many. What is also remarkable, is that there are expectations, within the minds of many, that there cannot be any members of that royal family who are racists. Does that seem to be a reasonable expectation, given the nation's past history?

Although migrant workers have been vital for the growth of Britain's economy and public services, racism has sometimes been widespread. There was the 'colour bar' that prevented 'coloured' people obtaining jobs and accommodation, fighting for British boxing titles or even joining the armed services or serving as officers in them. Some laws were openly racist too, such as the 1925 Coloured Alien Seamen's Order or the 1981 British Nationality Act.

https://historicengland.org.uk/research/inclusive-heritage/another-england/a-brief-history/racism-and-resistance/

One African Caribbean man told me that he even preferred it back in the 1970s when he knew who his enemies were because they called him racial slurs to his face.  Covert racism is alive and well in the UK today and another topic that deserves its own essay or book.  It denies people equal access to housing, jobs, education and causes greater damage to a person’s life than experiencing racial abuse in the street or at school.

An excellent essay on racism and prejudice:

https://www.hud.ac.uk/news/2020/june/george-floyd-murder-and-the-history-of-racism/

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-52939694

Little wonder then that two-thirds of black people polled think there is still a “great deal” of racism nowadays. This is not a substantial difference from the three-quarters who say they think there was a great deal around 30 years ago. 

https://www.ft.com/content/b51d534f-5515-4717-a1e3-866f39955d8f

image.jpg

49977691057_3cafdecf1f_k-e1591779014154-.jpg

_101618303_gettyimages-946580460.jpg

donate-sq.jpg

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

If that had happened then the Royal family would be no more and we would be the United(ish) Republic of GB&NI.

Charles wouldn't be any good, he's too busy talking to the plants to be king:

In a previous 1986 interview, Prince Charles explained that he talks to every plant he meets. He said: "I just come and talk to the plants, really – very important to talk to them. They respond."

If everyone had respect for every living thing the world would be a far, far better place, IMO.

9 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I am white. I can admit to the incredible cruelty and racism of my race, in the past.

Be good if you didn't imply that ALL whites were cruel and racist. Some were, just as in all races thoughout the history of humanity, and many were not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Be good if you didn't imply that ALL whites were cruel and racist. Some were, just as in all races thoughout the history of humanity, and many were not.

A worthy clarification. What I meant to say was: I can admit to the incredible cruelty and racism of a very significant  number of people within my race, in the past. 

And I did edit the post. Thanks for pointing that out. Of course there were alot of decent, and respectful white people throughout history. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Looks like he is doing a Trump style "double down". Alot of guys with uncontrollable egos tend to go this way. Rather than show any humility, sorrow, empathy, or open mindedness, they just kind of crawl into a shell of their own making, and insist the world is against them. 

The UK has a long history of very strong repression of it's colonists. You can call it institutional racism, or you can call it something else. That term seems to be a real hot button for hundreds of millions of white people these days. I am white. I can admit to the incredible cruelty and racism of very signirifanct numbers of people within my race, in the past. In my opinion what Meghan said was not unbelievable, or remarkable on any level. The fact that it was said, is what rankles so many. What is also remarkable, is that there are expectations, within the minds of many, that there cannot be any members of that royal family who are racists. Does that seem to be a reasonable expectation, given the nation's past history?

Although migrant workers have been vital for the growth of Britain's economy and public services, racism has sometimes been widespread. There was the 'colour bar' that prevented 'coloured' people obtaining jobs and accommodation, fighting for British boxing titles or even joining the armed services or serving as officers in them. Some laws were openly racist too, such as the 1925 Coloured Alien Seamen's Order or the 1981 British Nationality Act.

https://historicengland.org.uk/research/inclusive-heritage/another-england/a-brief-history/racism-and-resistance/

One African Caribbean man told me that he even preferred it back in the 1970s when he knew who his enemies were because they called him racial slurs to his face.  Covert racism is alive and well in the UK today and another topic that deserves its own essay or book.  It denies people equal access to housing, jobs, education and causes greater damage to a person’s life than experiencing racial abuse in the street or at school.

An excellent essay on racism and prejudice:

https://www.hud.ac.uk/news/2020/june/george-floyd-murder-and-the-history-of-racism/

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-52939694

Little wonder then that two-thirds of black people polled think there is still a “great deal” of racism nowadays. This is not a substantial difference from the three-quarters who say they think there was a great deal around 30 years ago. 

https://www.ft.com/content/b51d534f-5515-4717-a1e3-866f39955d8f

image.jpg

49977691057_3cafdecf1f_k-e1591779014154-.jpg

_101618303_gettyimages-946580460.jpg

donate-sq.jpg

You have complicated a fairly simple statement of an individual opinion. Nothing to do with Trump, racism or anything else. Morgan has said and then reiterated that he doesn't believe Markle. That is his opinion and he must be entitled to be free to speak it - just like you are entitled to post your opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1