Realistic to get STV tourist visa in UK then convert to Non-Imm B visa in Bangkok?

24 minutes ago, Red-Leonard5 said:

Would it be possible to do this. ie. go through all the hoops of getting STV visa in UK, finding a teaching job in Bangkok, then converting to non-imm B visa, or similar? If no job could be found, how long can the STV be extended for?

cheers

I don't believe the STV can be converted at all. You may be better off going on Visa Exempt or TR Visa.  I'm sure other more knowledgeable will reply soon 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

So what would the answer be to OP's first question if we substitute TR visa or visa exempt?

A visa exempt entry allows a total stay of 75 days at this time and a tourist visa 90 days with a 30 day extension.

If the 60 day covid 19 extensions are still available that could be an option also.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A visa exempt entry allows a total stay of 75 days at this time and a tourist visa 90 days with a 30 day extension.

If the 60 day covid 19 extensions are still available that could be an option also.

And can the TR and exempt be changed to a non-b?

2 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

And can the TR and exempt be changed to a non-b?

As i wrote before the answer is yes.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Only tourist visa and visa exempt entries can be changed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

I find myself so baffled by Thai visa rules most of the time.

Why do they still have the STV with all the extra requirements if people can get in on a TR with presumably only the quarantine separating it from what it once was?

1 minute ago, BangkokReady said:

Why do they still have the STV with all the extra requirements if people can get in on a TR with presumably only the quarantine separating it from what it once was?

When the STV was created last year that was the only option at that time if wanting to enter as a tourist.

It still available since not everybody can get a visa exempt entry and those from some countries cannot get the 30 day extension of a tourist visa.

Also the total stay of 270 days the STV allows is good for people that want to stay longer than a visa exempt or tourist visa allows.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Has anyone converted to a Non Immigrant Visa whilst on a Covid 19 extension, is it possible?

11 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Has anyone converted to a Non Immigrant Visa whilst on a Covid 19 extension, is it possible?

It can be done it it was a extension of a permit to stay from tourist visa or visa exempt entry. The application must be done before you have less than 15 days remaining on the extension.

• Like 2

OK, thanks for all the replies.????

Looks like the Tourist visa route is the most viable option here.

Just need the travel ban on 'leaving' the UK to expire first, but looks like the process of entering Thailand will take some time. So, hopefully the two issues will synchronise to some extent.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

UbonJoe

You can change to a Non-B from a Visa Exempt or Tourist Visa? I thought that a person could only change to a Non-O? I remember having to leave the country in order to get a Non-B.

18 minutes ago, toolpush said:

You can change to a Non-B from a Visa Exempt or Tourist Visa? I thought that a person could only change to a Non-O? I remember having to leave the country in order to get a Non-B.

You thought wrong or was misinformed.

Here is the requirements for a non-b visa based upon working for a company.

https://bangkokimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/01-edit_NON-B.pdf

6 minutes ago, toolpush said:

I stand corrected. I am curious as to why I had to go to Singapore and get my B visa. But that was over 20 years ago

That was a long time ago but as far as i know it was possible then.

Many companies prefer that you apply at a embassy or consulate since the required paperwork required is less in most cases.