Big Joke latest: Controversial cop back at RTP HQ as top advisory position awaits

rooster59

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I know. Isn't it always the same. Why I remember Germany in the 30's. Oh right, they were correct to be worried.

Nevermind.

An odd deflection. The negative comments on Thai social media seem more concerned about corruption.

Think you need to review your history and your thinking, seems you have a major problem understanding the rise of Nazi Germany to someone applying the simple immigration rules of Thailand. 

I see the expected spectrum of posts on this topic, some positive towards BJ, and some negative. I'm not smart enough enough to know where the truth lies. What I do know, and by implication what I am smart enough to know is were common sense lies, and that is to assume that all Thais are corrupt until they demonstrate their honesty.

Accordingly I'm going to assume that BJ is both corrupt, and has powerful friends. If someone out there can tell  me why this is not  a reasonable assumption to make, I would be very happy to hear the argument. Until then, I won't be putting the rascal on any white horse. No doubt the passage of time will tell  us whether he is Archangel or Archdevil.

Edited by Taswegian23

29 minutes ago, Taswegian23 said:

I see the expected spectrum of posts on this topic, some positive towards BJ, and some negative. I'm not smart enough enough to know where the truth lies. What I do know, and by implication what I am smart enough to know is were common sense lies, and that is to assume that all Thais are corrupt until they demonstrate their honesty.

Accordingly I'm going to assume that BJ is both corrupt, and has powerful friends. If someone out there can tell  me why this is not  a reasonable assumption to make, I would be very happy to hear the argument. Until then, I won't be putting the rascal on any white horse. No doubt the passage of time will tell  us whether he is Archangel or Archdevil.

How about assuming that all Thai's are honest until they demonstrate otherwise? 

6 hours ago, Artisi said:

How about assuming that all Thai's are honest until they demonstrate otherwise? 

Okay. so how many of the defendants at the Nuremberg trials would you be prepared to trust looking after your (hypothetical) Jewish children, before getting to know them? The point is that the question is moot in the first place because it fails to take account how we make trust decision, or in fact any decisions.

The truthful answer is, that I used to trust all Thais  to deal honestly with me. And in thanks for my trust I got ripped off left right and centre, sometimes by Thais  and sometimes by my own countrymen. Mea culpa. It was my own fault for making mistakes which I no longer make, a weakness which I no longer allow to become manifest.  in most cases it was not a matter of whether or not I trusted the person, but whether I wanted them to like me. Now I don't give a damn. Literally I do not give a damn whether somebody likes me or not. It is  just not relevant. and I don't lend money to anybody.

I hope that answers your question. If not, let me know and I'll have another bash at it. Or not, depending on whether I want you up to like me or not *laugh*.

Edited by Taswegian23

It's good that Big Joke introduced a no bribery policy at Immigration, if indeed this was true and actually worked.  However, he didn't need to rely on additional income from Immigration as he had his fingers in many pies and was sent around the country to take  care of business for his boss. Whoever it was he upset was obviously not Prawit, whose favorite he was/is, as he apparently argued for a lighter penatly that what was planned for him.  It is also pretty obvious that the issue was not the Immigration biometrics tender because Big Joke continued to mouth off about that after his downfall.  If that had been what upset whoever it was, there is no way that he would have do that and, if he did, he would not be coming back.  An advisory post is not usually very lucrative but, if he gets back his role of handling business for his boss, it could well be.

Edited by Dogmatix

10 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

It's good that Big Joke introduced a no bribery policy at Immigration, if indeed this was true and actually worked.  However, he didn't need to rely on additional income from Immigration as he had his fingers in many pies and was sent around the country to take  care of business for his boss. Whoever it was he upset was obviously not Prawit, whose favorite he was/is, as he apparently argued for a lighter penatly that what was planned for him.  It is also pretty obvious that the issue was not the Immigration biometrics tender because Big Joke continued to mouth off about that after his downfall.  If that had been what upset whoever it was, there is no way that he would have do that and, if he did, he would not be coming back.  An advisory post is not usually very lucrative but, if he gets back his role of handling business for his boss, it could well be.

Many assumption there.......

10 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

In truth it was probably more to do with who he was in bed with at the Hotel where he was arrested  as it is rumoured that he was frolicking with a certain persons wife...that person being above his pay grade !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, trainman34014 said:

In truth it was probably more to do with who he was in bed with at the Hotel where he was arrested  as it is rumoured that he was frolicking with a certain persons wife...that person being above his pay grade !

Arrested? 

1 hour ago, trainman34014 said:

He was originally 'arrested'.

Reliable news source by any chance? 

And not the Cambodian Expat click bait nonsense rag. 

Edited by Artisi

The curious career of Surachate Hakparn, Thailand’s resurrected police star

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/the-curious-career-of-surachate-hakparn-thailands-resurrected-police-star/

D1072C67-20AB-4056-8CC3-D0D1BFFEC059.jpe

Pol Lt-General Surachate Hakparn has risen like a phoenix from the flames this week, strutting back to the Royal Thai Police two years after he was kicked out in disgrace.

On Wednesday (March 17), a Police Commission meeting chaired by Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha agreed to appoint Surachate as the force’s special adviser on strategy (Level 9).