Thailand Plans to Sign Vaccine Passport Deals Next Month

webfact

Thailand Plans to Sign Vaccine Passport Deals Next Month
Paphamon Arayasukawat

c244b67932ccc5a387f4d856a8947b3a_small.jpg   

BANGKOK (NNT) - Thailand is expected to begin signing vaccine passport deals with low-incidence countries which had begun vaccinating their people against Covid-19.

Department of Disease Control Director-General Dr. Opas Karnkawinpong has announced that Thailand was planning to enter into bilateral agreements on vaccine passports with other countries and the vaccine passport scheme will take shape within three months.

He said Thailand will receive a further 1.8 million doses from Sinovac -- 800,000 this month and the rest in April -- followed by six million doses from AstraZeneca in June. There are also 10 million dose deliveries scheduled for July and August.

Dr. Opas predicted that 63 million doses would be given to over 30 million people by the end of the year, with high-risk areas being the first to begin widespread vaccination drives.

nnt.jpg
  • Sad 3

5 minutes ago, mark131v said:

Or to put it another way:

our Hi So's and retired military fellows who have already paid for their vaccinations at inflated prices from private hospitals

Which hospitals are these? Do tell as you seem to know.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

He said Thailand will receive a further 1.8 million doses from Sinovac -- 800,000 this month and the rest in April -- followed by six million doses from AstraZeneca in June. There are also 10 million dose deliveries scheduled for July and August.

26 Million Promises of AZ vaccine in June, July and August just is not the same as  actual needles going into arms.

Without those shots, its all just empty promises that may not be believed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Department of Disease Control Director-General Dr. Opas Karnkawinpong has announced that Thailand was planning to enter into bilateral agreements on vaccine passports with other countries and the vaccine passport scheme will take shape within three months.

Faster than the inoculation scheme it seems.

I can see where they lay more importance, tourism over population.

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

I can't think of any countries for which travel to Thailand is a priority worth a even a 10 minute phone call right now.

China. Any opening up that will be prematurely rushed is to get the Chinese back here. It has nothing to do with western countries. They NEED that Chinese money right now.

40 minutes ago, BusyB said:

What's wrong with the standard yellow, international, WHO booklet, like for all the other vaccinations from yellow fever to diphtheria?

They are too easy to fake and this issue is serious. It will be a centralized or decentralizied (blockchain) technical solution.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mrfill said:

In the 50s hundreds of thousands of doctors recommended smoking as a way of exercising the lungs. Were they all right?

Those doctors in adverts recommending Camels 'to ease sore throats' or whatever back then are really other worldly ... find 'em on You Tube ...

2 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

26 Million Promises of AZ vaccine in June, July and August just is not the same as  actual needles going into arms.

Without those shots, its all just empty promises that may not be believed.

So maybe all Thai folks (except kids) will have a first jab by end of 2021, if they are lucky, or maybe by end 2022. 

Second jab - who knows!!!

Doesn't give much confidence to other countries who might be interested in developing bubbles or whatever. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mark131v said:

Or to put it another way:

if we legalise vaccination passport use then our Hi So's and retired military fellows who have already paid for their vaccinations at inflated prices from private hospitals will be able to follow the Formula 1 or do their shopping in Dubai with less hassle

There you go that fits much better...

they don't ask so much right now and from 7 july 2020: In Dubai, they also said: "Your health is our priority"

1 hour ago, Giving it a Go said:

What happens if you don't want the jab? I don't and I am listening to thousands of doctors from all over the world. They can't all be wrong. I do hope this does not happen. I really do.

Sure they can, because what about the other thousands of doctor (inside which some of the best all around the world) in front who said exactly the opposite (but with serious arguments, no fear factor lexical words in the speech, and no business interest linked with) ?

But yes, there is a big problem in this world.... it should be more and more difficult to deny or paint which one is it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Giving it a Go said:

What happens if you don't want the jab? I don't and I am listening to thousands of doctors from all over the world. They can't all be wrong. I do hope this does not happen. I really do.

You crack on son, do let us know how things go for you. Probably badly.

• Sad 1

If you've had the vaccine - whether 1 or 2 & a letter plus bill naming the place ( I guess Gov knows who & where the vaccine  is administered - eg this hospital by has this many vaccines & so many used ) maybe not able to track & trace BUT if you're in Thailand already should be simple instead of complicating things 

4 hours ago, mark131v said:

Oh I don't know fella maybe start here and work back:

Many private hospitals ready to offer quick Covid-19 jabs - expect to pay 2,000 baht a dose - Page 3 - Thailand News - Thai Visa

I can show you it but I can't understand it for you...

They are ready, but they still have no supply. Even if they were to find a supply, it would need to be approved by Thailand’s FDA first.

2 hours ago, Giving it a Go said:

Your travel options and entrance to large gatherings (concerts, sporting events, etc) will be limited until the pandemic is over.

Yes, your whackmole doctors from all over the world are wrong. All 5 of them. To dispprove that, name them all.

• Like 1

" Too frightened to live, and too frightened to die ".............    But what if, what if ?.......... under the bed !....   It's sad reading the fear on this forum, i'm amazed how millions of people around the world have been scared senseless by something they havn't seen themselves....... 

• Like 1