Soi Siam Country Club Road, widening.

Golden Triangle

Just out of interest, has anyone been keeping an eye on/chronicling the widening of the aforementioned road and how long it took to complete the job from SP 5 to the overpass ? I went out that way today just to have a look around and see what's new & noticed that they have started working from the turn to the Polo Club all the way to Flower Land, could be worth giving it a miss for a while, any ideas anyone ?? ????

Yes, well I think everyone noticed how long it took, which was both pathetic, yet also kind of to be expected.

Completed (at least that section), some years faster than the flyover off Sukhumvit to Bangkok of course, which was I believe around 7 years late for a 6 month project.

I had taken to going around the back past Nongprue cop shop to bypass that disaster zone, but if they are going to murder the next section all things lakeside are going to look much less attractive. If the track record of the last section is anything to go by, could be a while before many of us get to see stuff round there again.

They are laying large drainage pipes and seem to to have waited for the rainy season to do it. Once that is finished, the road surfacing may start but at the present time there is just a lot of mud in front of the few businesses, and one village,  that exist there. Guesstimates vary from months to a year, but who knows ?