Thailand reports huge surge in COVID-19 cases, 1 more death

webfact

18 minutes ago, KhunMorris said:

This is why the expat community don't want foreigners and tourists visiting Thailand. Please stay in your own infected countries.

Sincerely 

Morris 

Hardly. I would love all of my foreign friends to be able to visit me. Except I don't have any friends from china to date. Well at least not yet!

Edited by holy cow cm
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Infections will continue and could gather pace until mass vaccination programme underway. Regretfully this cannot occur until sufficient vaccines are available which are in short supply therefore do not foresee any significant tourism this year.

4 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

You're not sure whether you had it or not? That's sure some deadly disease when many people don't even know whether they've had it or not.

Better close down the global economy immediately, just like we didn't do for SARS, or swine flu, or Hong Kong flu or .....

I will bet 99.9% I had it. but not tested. All the off the wall symptoms of a <deleted> but not debilitating. 

4 minutes ago, KhunMorris said:

With some obvious exceptions Thailand needs to close its borders until Covid has been fully erased. 

The world has changed, we can't justify death and despair by allowing sex tourists and backpackers to travel here to simply take pleasure with some local poo ying. This isn't just my opinion. Thais in general feel this way.

Please respect expats and Thai people alike.

Sincerely 

Morris 

Very misguided comments vast majority of tourists come to Thailand to enjoy the culture, scenery and beaches. They are relied upon by many Thais who are now employed and destitute to take care of their families

• Thanks 1

things start to look pretty good... 1st they encourage people traveling during Song Kran thus they shouldn't expect the requested distancing, physical contact will be happening,  maybe no masks either all of it equals to more infections on top of the potential of road carnage, well done Thailand 

Kindly note the above text may have sarcasm intent

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Of the new cases, 337 were local transmissions,

why local transmissions, they keep saying that everything is/was under control, please, don't tell me they were lying (sarcasm intended)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WineOh said:

here we go again...

when's the lockdown happening then?

If that is going to happen again then I seriously need a heads up so I can stock up with a bunch of different alcohols to hold me out this time. Last time I was out for over 2 weeks. Just did not make it the full period. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mavideol said:

why local transmissions, they keep saying that everything is/was under control, please, don't tell me they were lying (sarcasm intended)

Smoke and mirrors. Border jumpers are everywhere, especially now with the Junta in Burma. 1 x contact 1 = 2. and so on.

If one person in the UK was able to infect 30 people why aren't there 300 community cases infecting anyone else? There seems to be no exponential rise in cases. Just pockets here and there. This doesn't make any sense to the old grey matter.

Sincerely 

Morris 

• Haha 1

Not sure but there seems to be a pattern. Cases rise, governments (everywhere) order a lockdown. Lockdown helps lower the number of cases and governments end lockdown. Cases rise, governments orders a lockdown. Lockdown helps lower the number of cases and governments end lockdown.

Is this not clear to people?

On 2/8/2021 at 12:32 AM, Andrew65 said:

Not Thailand, but on the same subject. I recently had to travel the 100 miles (160 km) to London rtn recently. It cost around £90 on the train, all-up, probably could've done it for £70 by car.

3 hours ago, Daithi85 said:

I don't think Thai people need a test. 

The Thai's dont, the repat flight I was on last yr from London had 250 Thai's their status unknown. The 50  expats jumping through hoops and if like me locked myself away for 14days before I travelled just so I was sure I be clear at the airport. 
Then I was sat in the middle of 2 Thai's with no knowledge of their COVId status! So the potential for me to be exposed was massive. And then if I had contracted COVID whilst in flight, I would of had to go through the whole process hospitals and potentially endangered my health! 

Absolutely no logic in it, other than Thai's are immune not like the dirty Farrang! 

I hope Karma massively bites them on the <deleted>. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Daithi85 said:

I don't think Thai people need a test. 

Very true! Thai's don't need a Covid test or fit to fly before boarding - so they can spread it around on the plane before being tested on arrival! That's why testing shows many in quarantine! 

1 hour ago, KhunMorris said:

With some obvious exceptions Thailand needs to close its borders until Covid has been fully erased. 

The world has changed, we can't justify death and despair by allowing sex tourists and backpackers to travel here to simply take pleasure with some local poo ying. This isn't just my opinion. Thais in general feel this way.

Please respect expats and Thai people alike.

Sincerely 

Morris 

If your waiting for covid to be eradicated your in for an extremely long wait I think so you propose stopping all travel for decades? Look how long it took to deal with smallpox, polio, and world is still struggling with TB, measles, etc, and there are vaccines for these diseases.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nsp64 said:

There's something really disturbing about that comment.."giving happiness to the people"...sounds sinister and dark. Sort of thing kim jon un would say....

A quote I pasted from the article I linked to:

it was the government's way of giving happiness to the people, reported INN News. 

3 hours ago, kensisaket said:

124 million cases worldwide, 2.72 million deaths is not a joke;

7 billion on the planet = 7000 million.so 124 million have or had the virus and 2.7 million supposedly died.Is that really a lot of people?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, shy coconut said:

When everything shut down last year and everyone went back to the country there was no apparent increase in the [virus], but I'm sure you have statistics to prove me wrong.

Did everyone go back up country last year?

Phuket had the harshest lockdown this country has ever known as for the rest of Thailand the advice was to stay at home, there were alcohol bans, curfews and even the road deaths dived because of a lack of travel. Uncle Tu told everyone to stay at home. 

Edited by Bkk Brian