What's the best thing to do in Thailand during Spring?

3 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Where you talking about ? In the mountains? Or just up North? Unfortunate most places is covered in smoke until the rain season kicks in for good. 

We had a big rain here in Chaiyaphum three nights ago, and still a bit chill at the moment with 33c. It was actually a bit cold this morning around 24c ????

Up north in the mountains, at night well below 10, not for a long period though.

Edited by FritsSikkink

Just now, FritsSikkink said:

Up north in the mountains, at night well below 10

It is nice to go up and do not need to go further than Petchabun, and the air is cleaner up there as well. At least some places it is

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tagged said:

Where you talking about ? In the mountains? Or just up North? Unfortunate most places is covered in smoke until the rain season kicks in for good. 

We had a big rain here in Chaiyaphum three nights ago, and still a bit chill at the moment with 33c. It was actually a bit cold this morning around 24c ????

The same here in Mukdahan...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

There is no spring in Thailand, we have 3 seasons, hot, wet, "cold". 

Cold??? I've never experienced that season. Cool and much cooler than normal, but 'cold', no. You must live in the mountains near Change Mai or Rai.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jillie Norman said:

How about in Thailand? What's the best thing to do during Spring?

Same as the rest of the year...????

Otherwise define "spring"; i.e. are you from the northern hemisphere or from down under, and do you have a particular part of Thailand in mind, as some areas have cold season – however morning frost is a tourist attraction in  Thailand – and raining and monsoon season is not the same period all over; i.e. "spring" for you might be the worst few stormy and rainy weeks of the year here...????

43 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Cold??? I've never experienced that season. Cool and much cooler than normal, but 'cold', no. You must live in the mountains near Change Mai or Rai.

That's why there are " .... " , only a couple of places have a cold period for a short time.

I don't need to live there to know.

On 3/23/2021 at 3:24 PM, 1FinickyOne said:

and during those months it is best to stay inside w/ the a/c running high.. 

Best to get acclimatized. Get used to the heat, get used to using a fan.

We only use the aircon in the bedroom in the evening to bring the temp down from daytime heating.

Once cool, turn it off, use the fan.

Health hazards from 24/7 aircon use are well known

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

get used to using a fan.

My wife is a good lady, though I don't know i would call her a "fan" and nobody likes to be used - but she turns on the a/c... 

Well, known health hazards? 

What are the health hazards to not getting any sleep and pouring scalding coffee water on yourself because you are too tired to think straight? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

My wife is a good lady, though I don't know i would call her a "fan" and nobody likes to be used - but she turns on the a/c... 

Well, known health hazards? 

What are the health hazards to not getting any sleep and pouring scalding coffee water on yourself because you are too tired to think straight? 

You get comfortable numb, if you get used to the ac, and not used to the real reality! 

I think he own us an valid explanation, and not only the statement

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Oxx said:

No they're not.  Searching for this, I only found idiotic scare articles.

If you have well serviced aircon, there should not be any healt risks. 

All newer Mitsubushi here and service every 6 months. 

I thought I was going to get hearth attack and my head was going to explode when making love in a bedroom with only fan, and Im fit and healthy. I hope  I never ever experience again, because that was scary as ........

• Haha 1