What kind of screwdriver for this screw?

ricklev

21 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Visit you local nuts and bolts / hardware shop, it's a standard common "star" type screwdriver.

Donno'   - seems to have a raised bit in the center that would stop a normal screwdriver from seating properly.

You could try filing out the center section of a flat blade screwdriver, that might work

Edited by Daffy D
Added more stuff
  • Like 1

Thanks all.  I was concerned it was some sort of tamper proof screw.  The gym I joined recently has all new equipment except they improperly installed all the handles on the eliptical machine so there is an annoying amount of play to it.  It's a common brand called Matrix that I have used at many other gyms so I know it should be movement free.

I have asked a few times to have the handles properly installed but they have ignored this annoying picky farang.   However, maybe the problem is that the machines are assembled by the Matrix distributor and they don't have the proper tool.  

I'll give the suggestions here a go and see if I can fix it myself.    Thanks.

4 hours ago, sirineou said:

If you cant find the specialized screw drivers, simply take an old , regular flat screw driver and with your small grinder (if you have one) grind a small notch in the middle . That should do the trick, 

Jokes aside using an old bradawl or old sharpened screwdriver it can be tighten by tapping the screw on the outer side of the large slot with a hammer.  

• Like 1