Biden says he plans to run for re-election in 2024

webfact

48 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Biden might run or he might not run. He doesn't even know that himself yet. It will depend on the state of the nation,  the level of his popularity, and yes his fitness at that time. 

I reckon if by then he is very unpopular and Biden exits Kamala Harris will face a lot of competition in the democratic primary.

One of the many things he doesn't know. He might have an inkling that his popularity is dropping - it's hard to tell with this guy - but he is getting ratty with the press, now that it looks like even CNN have given up on him. Fitness at that time? What about this time?  

Kamala Harris already faces a lot of competition - just like the last democratic primary - anyone really surprised? She's harder to find than Joe now.

Edited by nauseus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Kamala Harris already faces a lot of competition - just like the last democratic primary - anyone really surprised? She's harder to find than Joe now.

she looked miserable and not happy when she was next to him during the "Fall of Saigon" address,

I am sure she is seeing another face of Biden in closed doors she didn't expect ????

The presidency is doomed, after 6 months ????

At least Trump could hold it for the full term with all the Scud missiles he was sent on a daily basis ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

My God, do stop going on about Trump .

Move on , Biden is now POTUS .

Its like you want to deflect from Biden and do that by keep turning the subject to Trump 

yeah, it seems that the best defense for Biden these days is to quote Trump ????

that just speaks volume, doesn't it ????

A closer look at Trump supporters:

An uncouth or unsophisticated person regarded as being of low social status. 

The majority of the species are hideously repugnant, unintelligent, and in many cases they rode the short bus to school, yet they manage to breed in ever-increasing numbers and populate an area known as the south or suburbs. It is quite common to find five or six offspring in each family group, often with a different father for each new baby.

The male of the species must be kept separate from the female offspring to prevent errant mating activity. 

Their habitat consists of a weatherboard or brick-veneer dwelling with Fox on the TV and is characterized by an early-model Chevy or Ford in the driveway with a MAGA bumper sticker,  surrounded by a group of males drinking Mountain Dew, discussing why the carburetor is fuked and the results of last night's tractor pull or TV wrestling match.

The female spouses of the males, often referred to as "my cousin" while smaller in stature, is far more loud and aggressive than the male. While the males tend to be very friendly and congregate with other males, the females spend most of their time in supermarkets and shopping malls, pushing a baby stroller while smoking a cigarette & using a shrill high-pitched call to discipline their children and contact other females. 

Males and females rarely interact socially except during breeding season, which is otherwise known as Friday night. During this time, females are allowed to enter the male-dominated area known as "the bar" and display their impressive coloured plumage to a prospective mate. 

Herein lies an intersting phenomenon. Males will often fight over a particularly attractive female and she will mate with only one male, while some less attractive females have been known to have several partners simultaneously.

Edited by LarrySR
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, LarrySR said:

A closer look at Trump supporters:

An uncouth or unsophisticated person regarded as being of low social status. 

The majority of the species are hideously repugnant, unintelligent, and in many cases they rode the short bus to school, yet they manage to breed in ever-increasing numbers and populate an area known as the south or suburbs. It is quite common to find five or six offspring in each family group, often with a different father for each new baby.

The male of the species must be kept separate from the female offspring to prevent errant mating activity. 

Their habitat consists of a weatherboard or brick-veneer dwelling with Fox on the TV and is characterized by an early-model Chevy or Ford in the driveway with a MAGA bumper sticker,  surrounded by a group of males drinking Mountain Dew, discussing why the carburetor is fuked and the results of last night's tractor pull or TV wrestling match.

The female spouses of the males, often referred to as "my cousin" while smaller in stature, is far more loud and aggressive than the male. While the males tend to be very friendly and congregate with other males, the females spend most of their time in supermarkets and shopping malls, pushing a baby stroller while smoking a cigarette & using a shrill high-pitched call to discipline their children and contact other females. 

Males and females rarely interact socially except during breeding season, which is otherwise known as Friday night. During this time, females are allowed to enter the male-dominated area known as "the bar" and display their impressive coloured plumage to a prospective mate. 

Herein lies an intersting phenomenon. Males will often fight over a particularly attractive female and she will mate with only one male, while some less attractive females have been known to have several partners simultaneously.

You seem to be trying to cause an argument with Trump supporters .

Your man  Biden in now POTUS , why dont you want to talk about Biden ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You seem to be trying to cause an argument with Trump supporters .

Your man  Biden in now POTUS , why dont you want to talk about Biden ?

Biden Administration. USA economy grew 6.4% in the first quarter and experienced the best stock market since JFK. A record 54 new S&P500 highs by September 1.

Joe has been one of your best friends if you have a retirement account. Expats are experiencing a 10% raise with the dollar exchange rate. Nice!

4,085,000 jobs in first 6 months.

38% decline in black poverty.

2.67 million vaccines daily.

Daily Covid deaths dropped from 4,280 to 377. (mostly unvaccinated Republicans)

The administration is shaping up to be one of the most successful in USA history. 

Edited by LarrySR
  • Haha 2

On 9/4/2021 at 11:55 PM, Phoenix Rising said:

I would turn that statement on its head. There's no "crisis" except on Fox "News" and in the minds of the ever-trumpers.

Really? Have a look for yourself. I guarentee you will change your tune.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, habanero said:

He'll be lucky to finish out this term. His poll numbers are tanking daily.

If you say so:

Polling data aggregated by FiveThirtyEight still has Biden at approval levels above anything Trump achieved. 

And he’s not yet dealt with the religious fundamentalism that’s got a grip of the GOP in Texas.

Nobody in America cares about the the Taliban in Afghanistan, they’re more concerned about the domestic terror threat.

AF7F9594-536D-4D3A-870E-F04E2E38E407.jpeg

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, habanero said:

Really? Have a look for yourself. I guarentee you will change your tune.

Look for myself? You mean I should travel from Thailand to the southern US border? Great idea, I can have a look at that bigly beautiful wall that Mexico paid for at the same time.......wait a gawd damn minute!!!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Just Trump again? Look at the rest. Down against all except Ford. And that's using your 538 data. 

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/biden-approval-rating/ 

Trump’s the only former President insisting he should still be in office.

That and the fact his supporters are so actively present in this thread.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Trump’s the only former President insisting he should still be in office.

That and the fact his supporters are so actively present in this thread.

You replied to a comment implying that Biden will not complete 4 years - Trump was not mentioned in habanero's post. Your selective example is typical irrelevant deflection but it does not save or absolve Biden.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

You replied to a comment implying that Biden will not complete 4 years - Trump was not mentioned in habanero's post. Your selective example is typical irrelevant deflection but it does not save or absolve Biden.

I have zero expectation that Biden will stand in 2024 and have already given me thoughts on why I believe he suggests it’s a possibility.

Meanwhile he’s doing a good job.

Vaccine roll out (especially since I got mine, thank you)

Infrastructure spending

Returning to the separation of powers 

Rebuilding alliances with allies wrecked by the former guy

Restoring US policy towards enemies, coddled by the former guy

And in the background the DoJ returned to its roll of investigating and prosecuting  criminals.

I want to see him do more:

For the People Act

Tackle voter suppression

Repeal ‘Citizens United’

Tax reform rebalanced away from favoring the hyper wealthy

Break up big tech

Expand the Supreme Court

And now, with some urgency, tackle rightwing religious fundamentalists denying Americans their constitutional rights.

The election that matters is not 2024, it’s the mid terms.

I look forward to doing my bit.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, LarrySR said:

Biden Administration. USA economy grew 6.4% in the first quarter and experienced the best stock market since JFK. A record 54 new S&P500 highs by September 1.

Joe has been one of your best friends if you have a retirement account. Expats are experiencing a 10% raise with the dollar exchange rate. Nice!

The administration is shaping up to be one of the most successful in USA history. 

do you really think Biden had anything to do with all this? oh boy, I have a bridge to sell for you ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, LarrySR said:

OK, so why do you think that Bidens approvals ratings have diminished  ?

https://www.npr.org/2021/09/02/1033433959/biden-approval-rating-afghanistan-withdrawal

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

do you really think Biden had anything to do with all this? oh boy, I have a bridge to sell for you ????

Did Trump build the increasing jobs in his economy or inherit them from Obama? It didn't actually last long, his jobs record was one of the worst in modern presidencies, even before covid.

• Like 1