Biden says he plans to run for re-election in 2024

webfact

34 minutes ago, nauseus said:

My question was: How dies that fit with unemployment down from 4.7 to 3.5% under Trump until Covid?  You didn't answer it.

The chart very clearly shows a continuation of a trend line of falling unemployment established under the Obama regime and continued into the Trump regime. The fact that there was absolutely no deviation of the trend line gradient shows that the continued reduction in unemployment was in no way due to Trump's policies. The first chart does show that the number of jobs created following the disastrous GFC crash, caused by Bush banking policies, rose sharply in the second year of Obama's administration and continued to rise generally but then declined under Trump's administration.

To suggest that Trump was a better manager of the economy is a flat out lie and that point is adequately addressed by those two charts. To repeat, when a trend line gradient does not change after a change of administration, it has NOTHING to do with the policies of the new administration. Republicans love to point to lower unemployment under Trump but willfully neglect to admit that it was a product of the policies of an Obama administration and a healthy economy which was inherited by the Trump administration. The falling job creations under Trump tell the real story. Average job growth in the US is approx. 230,000 new jobs per month.

The collapse in employment under Trump following covid was largely down to the mishandling of the pandemic by Trump as proven by the fact that the pandemic is still very bad but job growth has resumed under a democrat administration. Bottom line, Trump was a disaster for the economy and for the pandemic. The US notably had one of the worst outcomes in the world under Trump, a disgrace for what is probably the country most capable of handling a pandemic.

Trump's abuse of Fauci and the head of the CDC demonstrates this point

In a television interview Sunday, President Joe Biden’s new CDC director, Dr. Rochelle Walensky, accused the Trump administration of silencing the agency as it looked to downplay the severity of the Covid-19 pandemic, echoing sentiments Dr. Anthony Fauci expressed last week. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackbrewster/2021/01/24/cdc-director-agency-was-muzzled-under-trump/?sh=7c845f116fed

Edited by ozimoron

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

The chart very clearly shows a continuation of a trend line of falling unemployment established under the Obama regime and continued into the Trump regime. The fact that there was absolutely no deviation of the trend line gradient shows that the continued reduction in unemployment was in no way due to Trump's policies. The first chart does show that the number of jobs created following the disastrous GFC crash, caused by Bush banking policies, rose sharply in the second year of Obama's administration and continued to rise generally but then declined under Trump's administration.

To suggest that Trump was a better manager of the economy is a flat out lie and that point is adequately addressed by those two charts. To repeat, when a trend line gradient does not change after a change of administration, it has NOTHING to do with the policies of the new administration. Republicans love to point to lower unemployment under Trump but willfully neglect to admit that it was a product of the policies of an Obama administration and a healthy economy which was inherited by the Trump administration. The falling job creations under Trump tell the real story. Average job growth in the US is approx. 230,000 new jobs per month.

The collapse in employment under Trump following covid was largely down to the mishandling of the pandemic by Trump as proven by the fact that the pandemic is still very bad but job growth has resumed under a democrat administration. Bottom line, Trump was a disaster for the economy and for the pandemic. The US notably had one of the worst outcomes in the world under Trump, a disgrace for what is probably the country most capable of handling a pandemic.

Trump's abuse of Fauci and the head of the CDC demonstrates this point

In a television interview Sunday, President Joe Biden’s new CDC director, Dr. Rochelle Walensky, accused the Trump administration of silencing the agency as it looked to downplay the severity of the Covid-19 pandemic, echoing sentiments Dr. Anthony Fauci expressed last week. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackbrewster/2021/01/24/cdc-director-agency-was-muzzled-under-trump/?sh=7c845f116fed

I'm confused....Your information contradicts Trumps claim that he "brought jobs back" when in fact the charts show that job growth began to decline after he took office.  Unemployment only dropped a further 1.2% under Trump following Obamas 5.5%.

(By the way, I noticed Biden unemployment already dropping 1.5%, beating Trump. You could say Joe is making America great again.)

And Trumps claim he oversaw the "greatest economy in history" was actually a below average economy he goosed with zero interest rates & by running up the greatest deficits in history, before running the country into the ground with his incomprehensible handling of a pandemic, leaving office with the worst economic conditions since 1929.

Are you saying Trump lied and Fox went along spreading bad information to their viewers?

I'm beginning to think the only thing Trump was ever successful at was pretending to be successful on a fantasy television show. 

Edited by LarrySR
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

The question shouldn't be "Will joe run in 2024"  

The question is "Will joe make it till 2024" or will he have to face the fact that he isn't up to the job.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/anxious-staffers-mute-bidens-remarks-report

Does it matter? Nobody is indispensable. Kamala Harris would make a decent president anyway, time for the US to finally get a woman in the job.

8 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

What ever your political persuasion , you have to realise that Joe isn't fit to be POTUS 

Yeah, nah, I'm oblivious to that. One thing I do know is that good presidents listen to expert advice and act on that advice, a wisdom which completely evaded Trump.

16 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

He dismissed it as being false information and lies  and ignored the information from his intelligence agencies 

The rest.....................is history 

Where did he use those terms? Link please. The Pentagon has admitted that their assessment was wrong. That's not Biden's fault. He's the one listening to the experts. The mobster in chief never did that.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

In the widely viewed and published interview he did with a journalist on television a few days before Kabul fell 

Is it too much trouble to produce a link? Until you do I'm calling you out on this. It's likely that Biden quoted the advice his intelligence sources gave him which supports my claim that he takes the advice of his experts. Trump left many of those jobs unfilled.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Is it too much trouble to produce a link? Until you do I'm calling you out on this.

Yes, I cannot be bothered watching all Bidens interviews to find the one that I am quoting , but it was widely spread at the time. 

You will have to search for it yourself, if you want to view it , I have no desire to watch all his recent interviews to find it for you 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, I cannot be bothered watching all Bidens interviews to find the one that I am quoting , but it was widely spread at the time. 

You will have to search for it yourself, if you want to view it , I have no desire to watch all his recent interviews to find it for you 

You're lying. It defies common sense to believe he used those terms you attribute to him.At best, you are paraphrasing him.

Edited by ozimoron

44 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Does it matter? Nobody is indispensable. Kamala Harris would make a decent president anyway, time for the US to finally get a woman in the job.

Why do you think that she would make a decent POTUS , what are her qualities for being a leader and what experiences does she have at leading ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Why do you think that she would make a decent POTUS , what are her qualities for being a leader and what experiences does she have at leading ?

1. she served as a United States senator from California from 2017 to 2021

2. as the attorney general of California from 2011 to 2017

3. Harris graduated from Howard University and the University of California, Hastings College of the Law

It's interesting that you challenge her qualifications for leadership but not Trump's who never held an elected position, was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and had a number of his companies go bankrupt, damaging countless people in the process as well as having to pay 25 million to settle claims against his fraudulent university. Not to mention the rampant cronyism which characterized his administration and the large number of his inner circle who have either been indicted or convicted of criminality.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

1. she served as a United States senator from California from 2017 to 2021

2. as the attorney general of California from 2011 to 2017

3. Harris graduated from Howard University and the University of California, Hastings College of the Law

It's interesting that you challenge her qualifications for leadership but not Trump's

I simply asked and I didn't challenge anything .

• Like 1

This all reminds me of a previous life where the debates about the former president ran hot and vicious. No minds will ever be changed here. People will just shout their opinions and cast aspersions at those who don't agree with them. Links showing opposing views will be decried as "fake news" and nothing will get settled. And that's just how those who really run things like it - divided and conquered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1