Need Help Setting Up Youtube TV and a VPN on a Sony TV

billaaa777

Hello,

I have YouTube TV and a VPN working on my computer, so I have all the usernames and passwords. For the life of me, I can't get the VPN to download to the TV and without it I can't get YouTube TV working. If you think you can do  this for me, please PM me and of course I will be more than happy to pay you for your time.

Thanks in Advance

Youtube is not geo blocked.  

Do you need the VPN on the TV for another reason, other than Youtube?  

As another member said, Youtube should already be loaded.  

It can be a PITA sideloading apps onto a TV.  Sometimes it's just easier to buy an android box with decent specs.  

Hi, thanks for your responses.

It not the YouTube we are all used to, but a new service they now call YouTube TV. And yes you do need a VPN, because you can't use the service if you are not in the US.

As I said earlier, I have the VPN and YouTube TV working on my computer, but I need somebody's help that knows what they are doing to get it working on my TV.

1 hour ago, billaaa777 said:

It not the YouTube we are all used to, but a new service they now call YouTube TV. And yes you do need a VPN, because you can't use the service if you are not in the US.

As I said earlier, I have the VPN and YouTube TV working on my computer, but I need somebody's help that knows what they are doing to get it working on my TV.

Whilst you wait for a permanent solution, a HDMI cable from the computer to TV, or even a Google Chromecast, will get you by.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Leaver said:

Whilst you wait for a permanent solution, a HDMI cable from the computer to TV

I posted this 12 hours ago, I don't know what happened. See, I can't do anything right when it comes to technology, even a simple post.

The computer and the TV are on different sides of the room, so this one won't work.

13 hours ago, Leaver said:

or even a Google Chromecast

Now this sounds interesting, I had never heard of Chromecast until you mentioned it. I need to do some research.

18 hours ago, Leaver said:

Sometimes it's just easier to buy an android box with decent specs

Another device I have never heard of. OH, sh it that's why I hate this stuff, so many complicated options and whatever I choose, of course it will be the wrong one and won't work.

This has to be one of the few times ever that you offer to pay someone for the services on TV, and nobody want's the job. Now, that scares me. Could it be that this chore is much more difficult that I thought?

I still need help, somebody volunteer please!

9 minutes ago, billaaa777 said:

This has to be one of the few times ever that you offer to pay someone for the services on TV, and nobody want's the job. Now, that scares me. Could it be that this chore is much more difficult that I thought?

I still need help, somebody volunteer please!

It's very very easy. Just buy an android box. You can usually get them free from your internet provider.

I have 2 android boxes and both of them were free from True move. You can download and install anything from google play store, including VPN's.

Here are the True box details and price; 2,490 if you don't use true move already.

• CPU : Amlogic S905X
  • ROM : eMMC 8GB
  • RAM : DDR 2GB
  • Resolution : 4K/2K 60fps, 1080p/i, 720p
  • USB Ports : 2x Hi-Speed USB 2.0
  • Micro SD Card : up to 128GB
  • WiFi : Duo Band (2.4GHz/5GHz)
  • Bluetooth : v. 4.1
  • LAN Port : มี
  • Like 1

not sure what your computer setup is but here is a possible solution

Move your computer to the same side of the room as your TV

Use your TV as the computer monitor via HDMI - most modern TV's are as good as or better than dedicated computer monitor/screen

Buy yourself a wireless keyboard and mouse - Logitech have some very good options,  this will allow to use your keyboard and mouse from any location in the room 

and you are set

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

It's very very easy. Just buy an android box. You can usually get them free from your internet provider.

I have 2 android boxes and both of them were free from True move. You can download and install anything from google play store, including VPN's.

Great suggestion! I will get the Android Box, and pay you to set it up and get it working for me. What do you think?

17 minutes ago, billaaa777 said:

Great suggestion! I will get the Android Box, and pay you to set it up and get it working for me. What do you think?

They're plug and play. Turn it on and follow the instructions, shouldn't take longer than 5 minutes.

2 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

They're plug and play. Turn it on and follow the instructions, shouldn't take longer than 5 minutes.

Ha, ha, ha maybe that's for you. Plug and play for me means throw the dame thing in the garbage and forget about it.

27 minutes ago, billaaa777 said:

Thanks, but I can't do that, it would destroy the layout of the condo even if I moved every piece of furniture.

what vpn do you have, do you have your own internet connection and router/modem

Most VPN services will give you connection details to add right into your router so it uses the VPN on all connections including your TV 

you might need to buy a router specially for this purpose and then connect that into your main router or modem supplied  by your service provider

Edited by smedly
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, billaaa777 said:

WOW, just fantastic. All of these great suggestions and solutions which I have no chance of getting to work. I have to find somebody to do this for me.

Pop down to the local farang bar and find a friend!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, billaaa777 said:

I posted this 12 hours ago, I don't know what happened. See, I can't do anything right when it comes to technology, even a simple post.

The computer and the TV are on different sides of the room, so this one won't work.

Now this sounds interesting, I had never heard of Chromecast until you mentioned it. I need to do some research.

Another device I have never heard of. OH, sh it that's why I hate this stuff, so many complicated options and whatever I choose, of course it will be the wrong one and won't work.

I think the TV website is having a few intermittent issues.

Android boxes are cheap and small and it could sit next to your TV.

A Chromecast plugs into the TV's HDMI port and connects to WiFi.  You then bring up your stream on a WiFi computer and hand it over to the Chromecast.  The benefit of a Chromecast is you can still use the computer for other things whilst streaming.  With a computer connected to a TV with a HDMI cable, what is on the computer screen is what is on the TV screen, this method ties up your computer.    

6 hours ago, smedly said:

what vpn do you have, do you have your own internet connection and router/modem

Most VPN services will give you connection details to add right into your router so it uses the VPN on all connections including your TV 

you might need to buy a router specially for this purpose and then connect that into your main router or modem supplied  by your service provider

This

Maybe you want a networkwide VPN, so you can use your phone / tablet / 2nd TV to access the TV service.

Who is your ISP? 3BB? AIS?

Go to your local IT store, tell them you want a router that has a VPN client. When you are at home download the OVPN files from your VPN.

Call your ISP, tell them you want your router in bridge mode, get the tec round and let him set it up for you, give him a couple of hundred for lunch .. easy. 

I use AVIRA VPN. After paying for and trying two other VPN, this one YouTube TV would think I using a computer in the US.

I will go to 3BB tomorrow and ask for a Android box. If they don't have it I will buy one from Lazada.

Thanks for everybody's help. I still need someone to get all of this working for me. Just name your price in a PM and I will see what I can do.

On 3/26/2021 at 11:45 AM, billaaa777 said:

https://unlocator.com

https://support.unlocator.com/article/111-how-to-setup-sony-tv-and-players

Most smart TV's including Sony won't let you install apps from unknown sources, so you won't be able to use the vpn directly. The only way to do it, is to use a firestick or android box as others have suggested. The only smart TV I know of that lets you download apps from unknown sources are Samsung. Your Sony TV should come with YouTube already installed. 

I had same issue to get free movies on Amazon Prime built into my TV here. I'm a UK subscriber and can login fine, when Prime detects I'm in Thailand it wants me to pay for movies. My solution was to use a VPN in the router and enter my UK VPN info. Then I simply activate the VPN before turning on the TV to watch a movie. Not all routers have VPN connections so I actually use an older router for this pupose and only the TV is connected to it. It would be same if accessing BBC iPlayer or Netflix if that was something desired.

19 hours ago, smedly said:

any I have seen are low quality video FHD 720 and poor frame rates, not great on a large screen TV

They have had 4k and 1080p for a long time.

Here's a random one off Lazada.  

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/tx6-andorid-box-tx6-smart-tv-android90-box-box-4k-allwinner-h6-quad-core-ram432g216g-bluetooth-led-wifi-lan-d49-i533198252-s962724187.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.30.a5945e18bxT42R&search=1

Edited by Leaver

1 hour ago, soi3eddie said:

I had same issue to get free movies on Amazon Prime built into my TV here. I'm a UK subscriber and can login fine, when Prime detects I'm in Thailand it wants me to pay for movies. My solution was to use a VPN in the router and enter my UK VPN info. Then I simply activate the VPN before turning on the TV to watch a movie. Not all routers have VPN connections so I actually use an older router for this pupose and only the TV is connected to it. It would be same if accessing BBC iPlayer or Netflix if that was something desired.

WOW, because Amazon gave me a free trail and of course I don't have a VPN and it works perfectly. Who knows what these things do or don't do.

50 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Is this one good enough? The few I looked at cost a couple of thousand and this one is in the hundreds? Please let me know, or could anybody recommend which one I should get that will ensure very few problems?

1 hour ago, billaaa777 said:

Is this one good enough? The few I looked at cost a couple of thousand and this one is in the hundreds? Please let me know, or could anybody recommend which one I should get that will ensure very few problems?

I posted that link just to show android boxes are capable of 4k and/or Full HD 1080p.  I am NOT recommending the box in the link, but there's every chance it, or a similar box, will meet your needs.  

You would need to research some specs and features of some different boxes, and then see what's in your budget. You don't need a high end box just to stream HD.  Cheaper boxes are more than capable. 

Most VPN providers have an android version of their VPN.  You can install it, and then install every other app you have on your phone or tablet with ease, through the Google Play Store and your Google Account.  

Of course, you will need a short HDMI cable to connect the android box to the TV.  Internet to the android box is via LAN or WiFi.  A wireless mouse is also handy.  

I don't understand this. Amazon prime recognizes my VPN, which means they all can. And, they won't let me on my VPN if it is on and I have to take if off to watch their movies.

3BB wants 117 each month to use their Android box. I didn't get it yesterday because I had somebody coming over that said he could get it done, but he couldn't. I hope I can get this dame thing set up right.