Do you just drink water when you are thirsty, or...

giddyup

do you try and drink the recommended eight glasses a day? Personally, I find it difficult to get down 8 glasses, I end up feeling bloated. Anyway, surely our bodies should tell us when we need to drink.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

What was the question, do you drink water only when you are thirsty?

I'll repeat it, since you don't seem to have read the question.

The question is whether you drink (or try to) the recommended 8 glasses of water a day, or do you just drink when thirsty? Not if you drink beer or anything else.

• Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

That depends on the size of the glass. I personally am thirsty probably 10 times a day, so the 8 x 33ml glasses plus a couple of Singhas does the trick.

This is 33ml. I could probably manage 8 of those a day.

H589971ea74c84e9daf45b362587c209aU.jpg

Edited by giddyup
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Crossy said:

I don't particularly like plain water, I tend to drink black tea, 3-4 1L pots per day, should be enough water in there. 

Pee is the recommended colour.

Exactly the same, I never drink water neat as it were.

Black breakfast tea, milk and juices etc that contain water.

Don't eat fruit or vegetables either!

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

you have a weird attitude, I've noticed it before, maybe drink more alcohol to chill out a bit or get on antidepressants

Maybe I just get tired of repeating myself

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Forresttrump said:

I easily drink 8 glasses of water a day + coconut water + tea & coffee.  I’m one of those crazy expats you see jogging around the parks at stupid o’clock in the morning or evening.  

I can understand it if you are sweating a lot or exercising, but if you aren't do you really need 8 glasses a day?

10 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I drink a lot of water, probably at least 2 or 3 liters within 24h.

I like water. Sometime I want it cold, sometimes I don't care if it is warm.

And when I just come home from outside where it's hot I like to drink a mix of soda water and water (some, but not too much bubble).

I drink it because I want to drink it, basically I am (more or less) thirsty. I wouldn't drink it because I feel I have to.

I am surprised that you write about recommended 8 glasses of water. Surly this is about the amount of liquid. I.e. beer contains a lot of water. Why would anybody drink water after he had a couple of beers? Just to make sure you finish your 8 glasses of water?

I think 8 glasses of plain water is recommended, not other drinks that may contain water but also have other ingredients like sugar, caffeine, alcohol etc. You can have 10 bottles of beer and wake up in the morning dehydrated.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 2