appointments online required or is it still walk in first come first serve at immigration

Last Friday my wife and I walked into  Chang Watena Immigration to get paperwork for 1 year extension of stay by reason of marriage from a 90 day non-o. Since we  had finished filling out the forms during lunch we submitted them and had everything done in 2 1/2 hours. I have never called for an appointment at Chang Watena.

46 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

. I have never called for an appointment at Chang Watena

It would not be a call. Appointments are done online at CW.

Sadly not available for extensions on basis of marriage. Only available for extensions retirement.

6 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Do you have to have the ThaiChanna app on your 'phone to get into immigration i.e. register online as entering?

There is no requirement to use the app. You would do the temperature check and sign in and out like most other places you go to.

• Thanks 1

On 3/31/2021 at 9:05 AM, ubonjoe said:

Appointments are not mandatory but they do save time doing your application.

I went to MTT a couple of weeks ago to extend a 45-day visa exempt entry. First time for me, so all new. Dressed smartly (others were there in shorts).

The person giving out the forms barked at me whether I had an appointment or not. I did not (I had actually tried, but the site was down at the time). She told me it was compulsory to have an appointment and I wouldn't be served if I didn't. I thought she was going to turn me away, but eventually she relented. She just seemed to want to pick a fight, frankly.

What made the thing even more galling was that there were no more than six people going through the process when I was there (mid-morning, early in the week).

Did my retirement extension last week at Chaeng Wattana. Booked an immigration appointment online for 10:00am to allow me time to get the bank letter (done at KBank downstairs). I was hoping to get finished by lunch break. As it was, sat with officer at 09:55am. She gave me many extra pages to complete and sign (essentially same info as TM7 that I had already printed and completed). While I was signing papers she was checking and re-checking everything. She made some new copies of my passport and told me next time "copy not scan" as I had printed photos of it. After 20 minutes was told to wait. 25 minutes later was given passport with 1 year extension stamp. Next was re-entry permit. Went downstairs to get copies of new extension stamp. Up to immigration again for queue ticket for re-entry desk and only 3 in front. All done with new extension and re-entry stamp out of the door in less than 90 minutes! (would have been faster if hadn't changed bank accounts during the year - much extra scrutiny of books/statements).

Definitely get an appointment if you can.

Edited by soi3eddie

5 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

much extra scrutiny of books/statements).

You used the word "statements". 

Are you using money in the bank method or income method. What did you actually summit regarding bank account?

35 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

You are an optimistic man Eddie. 

I skipped the re-entry permit this year and delayed our trip to farang-land until 2022.

I know, only got a single this time. Last year's multi re-entry was completely unused and a waste of nearly 4,000 Baht (who knew). Already have out trip this month and back in November so at minimum got single re-entry. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You used the word "statements". 

Are you using money in the bank method or income method. What did you actually summit regarding bank account?

Money in bank. Moved 800k from one account to another mid-term so needed two sets of bank books, bank letters and 12 months of statements this time showing sufficient balances for the duration. Next year will be easier as will show only the account with the full 800k in it for the whole period. Reason for change? I was worried that I might inadvertantly spend an account below threshold at the wrong time and therefore be denied extension.

21 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Money in bank. Moved 800k from one account to another mid-term so needed two sets of bank books, bank letters and 12 months of statements this time showing sufficient balances for the duration. Next year will be easier as will show only the account with the full 800k in it for the whole period. Reason for change? I was worried that I might inadvertantly spend an account below threshold at the wrong time and therefore be denied extension.

You state "bank letters and 12 months of statements" surely copy of bank book pages are enough, or is this something new.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

You state "bank letters and 12 months of statements" surely copy of bank book pages are enough, or is this something new.

No. It's not new. They want 12 months of statements as bank books do not show every transaction but only aggregated amounts. The immigration want to check that at no point does your balance fall below the required amount.

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

No. It's not new. They want 12 months of statements as bank books do not show every transaction but only aggregated amounts. The immigration want to check that at no point does your balance fall below the required amount.

My bank book does I'm pedantic that way, but I can understand why they may have an issue.

That's a potential problem given the Songkran holidays and my due date.