Vaccines being offered at the local village

connda

Animal vets ( doctors ) here used to have to spend a year with a "local" vet as part of their training, not sure if it still applies.

Where I lived many years ago in Paraguay the "local" doctors were also "healers", sometimes treatment worked sometimes it didn't but, if like some locals you had never been to the city before, then any treatment was useful.

19 hours ago, Sheryl said:

incorrct.

AZ vaccine still being given.

In UK and most countries, to all (adult) ages. In Germany, only to people over 60.

The issue that has people concerned, cerebral venous sinus thrombosis, has occurred at a rate of 1 per 500,000 - 600,000 people vaccinated. So very, very  rare.

In the general population, pre-vaccine, the rate of it spontaneously occurring is somewhere between  1 in 200,000 to 1 in 500,000 per year.  In other words, it is not clear that what is being seen in an extremely small minority of vaccinated people is even related to the vaccine.

Sorry Sheryl if i was wrong , they did put a total halt to it in the netherlands where i am from even my mom who is 75 can't get her vaccination at the moment , maybe with a different vaccine but not with Astrazeneca . And from what i heard there are more european countries that have stopped . And the UK isn't a member of the EU anymore . 

3 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Sorry Sheryl if i was wrong , they did put a total halt to it in the netherlands where i am from even my mom who is 75 can't get her vaccination at the moment , maybe with a different vaccine but not with Astrazeneca . And from what i heard there are more european countries that have stopped . And the UK isn't a member of the EU anymore . 

Netherlabds still allows  Astra Zeneca vaccine to people over 60. There is a "temporary suspension" of it for those under 60. Remains to be seen if they will resume for the under 60's or do as Germany did and permanently limit use to those over 60.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/4/3/dutch-temporarily-halt-astrazeneca-vaccinations

23 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Same here in my small rural village 10 km from KhunHan (a small provincial town in SiSaKet province).  The helper of the Village Headman visited everybody in the village last week to ask whether we were interested in receiving the covid-19 vaccine.

Luckily I had heard rumors about Isaan villages being vaccinated earlier, so I had talked about this with my lady that it would be a definite NO for us as well as for anybody from her family.

As the question was asked in Thai (or local Khmer language) to her by the village helper, she pointed to me and asked me to confirm that it was an absolute NO from our part.  I dread what would have happened if I hadn't talked about it with her, as she is like most Thais very obedient to 'authority' and would have without a doubt said yes to the offer... but my resolute NO was accepted without further ado by the village helper (and it offered my lady a 'face-saving' escape to the community vaccination offer, as 'stupid farang' does not want free vaccine).

I'm confused, you were not asked yet told your wife and all her family to say no, and they listened to you? 

How do you feel about foreigners in your country that refuse a vaccine? 

I hope immigration make it essential to be vaccinated in order to get a visa to live here. 

Edited by Neeranam

6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I'm confused, you were not asked yet told your wife and all her family to say no, and they listened to you?

After hearing the rumors that Isaan villages were approached for the vaccine shots, I told my wife, that when asked by the village health helper whether we wanted the vaccine that she should say NO.

Obviously I explained to her WHY I don't want her and her sons jabbed.

The assistant abbot dying within hours after being provided the Astra Zeneca vaccine was on the Thai news a couple of days later, and she told me she was glad of me having told her to reject the vaccine offer.

At some moments in life you have to stand up for your beliefs and the parroted comments on the Forum by the defenders of the common narrative that these new rushed vaccines are 'absolutely safe' will not make me change my mind and gamble with my family's long-term health.  

18 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Netherlabds still allows  Astra Zeneca vaccine to people over 60. There is a "temporary suspension" of it for those under 60. Remains to be seen if they will resume for the under 60's or do as Germany did and permanently limit use to those over 60.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/4/3/dutch-temporarily-halt-astrazeneca-vaccinations

Aljazeera.com for dutch news ? The dutch newspaper and news and people are saying there is a total halt .