ASQ doing blood pressure test.

AUinAsia

I am looking at an ASQ option but it says the health check will involve a blood pressure check. What is the purpose of this? Will hypertension prevent me from being released at the end of the quarantine? A friend of mine is in a different ASQ that doesn't check blood pressure, but I really want to do this one. Just not sure if it's worth the risk. 

At the ASQ i stayed in early January the nurses did a BP test at check-in. Nothing out of the ordinary. Also asked what medications I take.

That was the only time my BP was checked. Nothing to worry about. Everytime I visit a Dr here my BP gets checked as standard procedure.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Farma said:

At the ASQ i stayed in early January the nurses did a BP test at check-in. Nothing out of the ordinary. Also asked what medications I take.

That was the only time my BP was checked. Nothing to worry about. Everytime I visit a Dr here my BP gets checked as standard procedure.

Quite. Mandatory quarantine is a public health requirement and I would be a bit concerned if they didn't do some basic health and medication checks as you checked in.

Is it an age thing ????

I did read on this forum that some Quarantinees over 60 years old spent the first night of quarantine in a hospital before going to their ASQ. 

I don’t know of that requirement is continued, but the practice was confirmed by a couple of posters on this forum in threads which are now a good 4-5 months old. 

The first night hospitalisation may have been a facet of particular hotels and not a general requirement for anyone over 60.

Perhaps the blood pressure tests are a facet of this requirement somewhat stepped down.

I am in my second quarantine - I did not have a blood pressure check at my current ASQ hotel or the ASQ hotel I stayed in previously (a different hotel ). 

Don’t worry, if it’s high they will tell you and maybe suggest you do something about it for the long term. ASQ is stressful anyway and that will push up the pressure.

If you are on BP medication make sure you take it as prescribed... keep it with you on the flight.  No probs

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Panadadad said:

They just want to make sure you’re still alive nothing to worry about. Mine was high as I’d been traveling nearly 30 hours and hadn’t taken blood pressure medicine the check in nurse wasn’t alarmed at all 

Is there a particular reason why one should not take one's antihypertensive medication when travelling?

On 4/2/2021 at 2:18 AM, natway09 said:

Why ?

Because they do not want you to have heart problems & possibly die whilst in isolation

That would make them feel bad 

only if there were not payed and also all valuable in your room taken you wont be around to complain. always happen.    

On 4/2/2021 at 2:32 AM, madmen said:

Dangerously high blood pressure will see you out the hotel and into a hospital. Make sure you have appropriate medical insurance or better still get treatment BEFORE you get here. 

best to get medication to control it no issue with your doctor there glad to help not expensive

10 hours ago, irishman25 said:

best to get medication to control it no issue with your doctor there glad to help not expensive

Not possible where I live. Hoping to get it sorted in Thailand, if it's high. One of my goals in Thailand is to visit doctors, dentist etc.

Edited by AUinAsia