Interesting to compare between Panama and Thailand

3 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

so the true number of deaths in thailand is less than 188 ?

ok i am relaxed now

You should still be careful. However, a hundred or so is a lot less worrying than 100,000.

6 hours ago, aonangkrabi said:
On 4/3/2021 at 4:48 AM, BritTim said:

Each country needs to decide on its priorities. Panama has had about 1,400 deaths from Covid-19 per million population. A similar death toll in Thailand would mean almost 100,000 deaths instead of the current 94. I personally agree that saving almost 100,000 lives of your citizens is worth restrictions on tourism. Others might have a different sense of the priorities.

Thailand has 16 times as many people as Panama. 16 times 1400 is about 22000 deaths. Don't exagerate!

Read my post again. Total deaths in Panama are over 6,000 from a population a bit over 4 million.

Mexico is the same, MUCH easier to get into. Of course, Mexico did NOT handle Covid well at all statistically, and who knows what the real stats are but pretty sure they are bad. Things are getting better now, slowly.  But Mexico is certainly faring a bit better economically, and it SEEMS they are fairly comfortable with their situation at this point.   Different cultures, different philosophies and tolerances, etc.