Story Of My Thai Citizenship Application

16 minutes ago, echrist said:

When I did my MOI interview, I was told they were occurring on the last Thursday of every month. Mine was, in fact, on the last Thursday of the month. There's no way to know where you are in the queue. You'll get a call just before the MOI interview. I has less than a week's notice. 

In the past six months, the pattern seems to have switched to the Friday in the middle of the month - at least for months which have been reported in this forum.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Badb0y said:

This yellow book is the book that can prove that you have a house? If I just rent I can't get this, correct? What can I do if I just rent? Buy a house ???? ?

No, it just says that you are registered as staying at an address. I got one many years ago from my wife's parents' house. 

10 minutes ago, Badb0y said:

This yellow book is the book that can prove that you have a house? If I just rent I can't get this, correct? What can I do if I just rent? Buy a house ???? ?

I have one based on renting a condo in bkk. The owner needs to be willing help you

2 hours ago, GabbaGabbaHey said:

Yes correct, yellow book can only give 5 points out of 20. You need PR for 5 years to get 10 points and PR for 10 years would give 20 points which is the maximum. 

well this is what i heard.. if you get 50 points from your documents and oral test, you dont need to do singing.. Important part is oral test, if you convince them you can understand and answer basic questions about you and your life.. they can let you go without singing test.

Now just a yellow book is 20 points... the rest 30 points is probably other documents (family pics, your work, tax) and oral test? like 15-15?

When i talked with my lawyer, i told him i really want to skip singing part, first thing he asked me was if i can speak little bit thai and yes i can easly speak daily conversations and little bit more. Second thing he asked me about my religion.

But now this yellow book score is 20... Its like almost half of the 50 i need... im about to change my idea to apply... grrr

11 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

Now just a yellow book is 20 points... 

No, as I said yellow book can give you only 5 points (if you have it for 5+ years, and even like this it's up to the discretion of SB to give you the points or not - from what some have reported earlier in this forum). Only PR blue book can give 10 to 20 points for the residency aspect.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GabbaGabbaHey said:

No, as I said yellow book can give you only 5 points (if you have it for 5+ years, and even like this it's up to the discretion of SB to give you the points or not - from what some have reported earlier in this forum). Only PR blue book can give 10 to 20 points for the residency aspect.

well again i think 20 points for this is.. just too high.. if you consider other documents you have to submit... interview at the police station... interview at the ministry. So when i think all the things you need to pass.. 20 points is really high.. then other documents lets say another 20 + 2 interviews 20? what else? If that books can give you 20 points.. then its so easy to get 50 and no need to sing.  Anyway im going to see this scoring list on thursday with my lawyer.. I will let you guys know

but again thnx for the info

Edited by problemfarang

13 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

well again i think 20 points for this is.. just too high.. if you consider other documents you have to submit... interview at the police station... interview at the ministry. So when i think all the things you need to pass.. 20 points is really high.. then other documents lets say another 20 + 2 interviews 20? what else? If that books can give you 20 points.. then its so easy to get 50 and no need to sing.  Anyway im going to see this scoring list on thursday with my lawyer.. I will let you guys know

but again thnx for the info

think you need to consider how difficult it is to obtain permanent residence and how long it takes then wait 10 years to get the points 

12 minutes ago, yankee99 said:

think you need to consider how difficult it is to obtain permanent residence and how long it takes then wait 10 years to get the points 

now.. thats.. yea make sense actually its funny i was thinking the same thing like 5 min ago.

yea.. understandable and fair enough..

Like i said i will find out the scoring on thursday.. if the scoring is same as on some websites.. well im around 60 without singing.. and if your 50 points you dont need singing. hehe

another thing.. my lawyer asked me to bring lot of happy time pics with the wife.. but i didnt see anything asking for pics in the application form..

Edited by problemfarang

2 minutes ago, yankee99 said:

A bit of advice take all your documents to sb let them sort through them and give you a point estimate and let you know what else you need. 

They do this daily and it is painless ????

yea thats why im going to a lawyer this thursday.. we will check all

thnx

35 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

yea thats why im going to a lawyer this thursday.. we will check all

thnx

FYI points are organized this way:

- 25 for Security of Profession (salary level actually)
- 20 for Residence in Thailand
- 15 for Educational Level           
- 15 for Knowledge of Thai Language
- 10 for Age    
- 10 for General Knowledge about Thailand
- 5 for Personality

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GabbaGabbaHey said:

FYI points are organized this way:

- 25 for Security of Profession (salary level actually)
- 20 for Residence in Thailand
- 15 for Educational Level           
- 15 for Knowledge of Thai Language
- 10 for Age    
- 10 for General Knowledge about Thailand
- 5 for Personality

actually i was reading the same thing on other side... 

and i noticed that my salary is 30,000 + 8,000 house acc. so.... i dont get any score from this part... For age i get 10 i dont have yellow book.. education 8 (BA) thai language... i can only speak (good level) which is 8.. cant sing, 0 from general knowledge because cant read (its a written test in thai), 5 from personality...

so... no need to go to lawyer...

but i all have happy time pics with wide... 13 years of tax payment.. etc.

damn... continue with NON-0 visa.... damn

1 minute ago, GarryP said:

I think you will find that the majority of people on this thread who applied for citizenship did it themselves without the need for a lawyer. Most of the documents you will need have to be obtained yourself anyway- the lawyer can't do it for you.  Also, there are not that many lawyers who know the process and most are as much in the dark as you are (regardless of their claims otherwise). That is, you end up paying a lot of money but benefit very little from it. If you are not strong in spoken Thai, you could get your wife to go along with you and then get the information in a face to face meeting with the SB officers. 

thanks for the info

i did some math based on scoring for thai citizenship.. well i cant get enough score just because of salary.. im getting 30K + 8K house... So no score from here.. It starts from 40k

continue with NON-O.. damn

27 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

thanks for the info

i did some math based on scoring for thai citizenship.. well i cant get enough score just because of salary.. im getting 30K + 8K house... So no score from here.. It starts from 40k

Don't give up. If you can find alternative employment with a salary to match minimum requirements, revisit this in a few more years.

I was sure I did not qualify and would have given up if it wasn't for one of the posters (aidenai) on this very thread. I am now a Thai citizen thanks to him. 

Edited by GarryP
Give credit where credit is due.
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Don't give up. If you can find alternative employment with a salary to match minimum requirements, revisit this in a few more years.

I was sure I did not qualify and would have given up if it wasn't for one of the posters (aidenai) on this very thread. I am now a Thai citizen thanks to him. 

thnx ????

18 hours ago, problemfarang said:

my lawyer asked me to bring lot of happy time pics with the wife

This is not required, and your religion has nothing to do with it. I've heard that lawyers doing this are a big scam, but if you have the dough....

17 hours ago, problemfarang said:

thanks for the info

If you don't get 40,000 +, you can't apply, unless you are from a neighbouring country. 

Ask your work to pay you more, and give it back to them. 

33 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

This is not required, and your religion has nothing to do with it. I've heard that lawyers doing this are a big scam, but if you have the dough....

SB did require me to tell them my religion before forwarding my file to moi. Atheist or agnostic was not a option

• Like 1

SB need only picture in front of house, bed room, lawyer just charged you 300K and then try to show u do this do that, but this is useless, SB officer need only family pic in 2 or 3 on A4 Paper with husband and wife attestation signature,

On 2/13/2019 at 1:05 PM, david143 said:

SB need only picture in front of house, bed room, lawyer just charged you 300K and then try to show u do this do that, but this is useless, SB officer need only family pic in 2 or 3 on A4 Paper with husband and wife attestation signature,

They never got a photo of my bedroom. 

On 3/2/2016 at 2:31 PM, Oasis said:

Dear Friends,

The application process for Thai Citizenship in my case went as follows without PR as per new Law & Regulation:

May 2009/2552 - My application was successfully lodged at SB, police headquarter, along with Thai language interview

July 2009/2552 - Called for interview at McDonald (Amarin Plaza)

January - 2010/2553 - Sent my application to MOI for processing and approval by SB

Waited

Waited

Waited

September 2013/2556 - MOI called to submit more documents of work permit to show the continuity of work

November 2013/2556 - MOI interview. Got interviewed in Thai about my circumstances. Just simple interview

Waited

April 2014/2557 - Got a letter to notify that I passed and approved by Sub-Committee

Waited

December 2014/2557 - Approved by Big Committee

Waited

June 2015/2558 - Got the news that the Interior Minister had approved my application

Waited

September 2015/2558 - Got the good news that the King had countersigned my application. Got the letter to notify

Late September - Went to take Oath at SB (Police HQ)

Waited

Waited

January 2016/2559 - Announced in RG for getting Thai Nationality

February 2016/2559 - Went to SB to collect Certificate and Documents. Paid Fee Baht 500 for Certificate

Went to District Office for an appointment along with certificate, documents and 6 one and half inch photographs

Late February - Got my Thai National ID Card along with registered the name in Blue book. In 08.30 AM Out 10.00 AM from District office. It was quick as they prepared all my documents in advance

Now I am Thai Citizen

Total time taken - From May 2009/2552 to February 2016/2559 = 6 year 9 months

Golden Rules:

1. Be Patient, Be Patient and Be Patient

2. Keep calling MOI/DOPA/BORA/SB at regular intervals to tell them you are still alive and waiting for your turn to be Thai citizen

Cheers and Good Luck to all of you

Could be able to vote in this general election that is going to held in March 2019 if not then how long need to wait to have voting rights in Thailand?

Thanks!

Edited by Oasis