Story Of My Thai Citizenship Application

27 minutes ago, NewlyMintedThai said:

Would a business not need to show significant activity/profits? Or do they only care about the salary you take out?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

The revenue department would want to see a profit but you could easily lose money the 1st couple years. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2019 at 11:14 AM, david143 said:

on 30 July 2019
30 กรกฎาคม 2562

Meeting held for Interview for Nationality.

FYI

Seems to be happening every last week of the month, which would make the next one in 3 weeks.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, looks like there was an update to laws published in the RG on 30 July regarding applying for Thai citizenship. In addition to some more administrative hoops to jump through, such as attaining the pink ID card, a major change seems to be the added requirement to have lived in Thailand for no less than 10 years. No mention about length of stay for those married to Thai citizens. If someone knows better than me, please enlighten us. Thanks!  

22 minutes ago, echrist said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, looks like there was an update to laws published in the RG on 30 July regarding applying for Thai citizenship. In addition to some more administrative hoops to jump through, such as attaining the pink ID card, a major change seems to be the added requirement to have lived in Thailand for no less than 10 years. No mention about length of stay for those married to Thai citizens. If someone knows better than me, please enlighten us. Thanks!  

That pink non Thai ID, although useless, takes about 10 min to get, as already got the house book.

I'd guess that all gong for citizenship the PR route have lived in Thailand 10+ years.

11 hours ago, sas_cars said:

Maybe someone with good thai command can check whats this 10 year requirement mean and how it's calculated?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

These are the changes that I consider important:

1 (1) Applicant has to submit a copy of the pink card

1 (2) Applicants have to submit a certificate [I don't understand this but think it is a medical certificate of sorts:] หนังสือรับรองความเป็นคนไร้รากเหง้า
1 (3) Applicant has to prove that they have been in the Kingdom not less than 10 years. [They are giving a list of examples how you can prove that.]

1 (4) Proof that the applicant appreciates the democratic monarchy, for example if they have contributed to society [I am not sure what that means]

2, 2.2 Three character witnesses who can also confirm that the applicant has been in the kingdom for at least 10 years [seems like a duplication of 1 (3), but I think the point here is that 1.3 is an objective proof, and 2.2 shows that you have long-term personal relationships. It also used to be 2 character witnesses, now it's 3.]

Disclaimer: I am not an official translator, I take no responsibility if anything is translated wrong or leads to misunderstandings. I'm just doing my best here. Also, the choice of points that I consider important is my own subjective choice, with no guarantees that others might find other points equally or more important. I am not a lawyer. Sentences in brackets [] are my comments, 

These are the changes that I consider important:

1 (1) Applicant has to submit a copy of the pink card
1 (2) Applicants have to submit a certificate [i don't understand this but think it is a medical certificate of sorts:] หนังสือรับรองความเป็นคนไร้รากเหง้า
1 (3) Applicant has to prove that they have been in the Kingdom not less than 10 years. [They are giving a list of examples how you can prove that.]
1 (4) Proof that the applicant appreciates the democratic monarchy, for example if they have contributed to society [i am not sure what that means]
2, 2.2 Three character witnesses who can also confirm that the applicant has been in the kingdom for at least 10 years [seems like a duplication of 1 (3), but I think the point here is that 1.3 is an objective proof, and 2.2 shows that you have long-term personal relationships. It also used to be 2 character witnesses, now it's 3.]

Disclaimer: I am not an official translator, I take no responsibility if anything is translated wrong or leads to misunderstandings. I'm just doing my best here. Also, the choice of points that I consider important is my own subjective choice, with no guarantees that others might find other points equally or more important. I am not a lawyer. Sentences in brackets [] are my comments, 
It seems to me that document is for stateless childs. Does not concern us.

• Like 1

Where did you see that? What sentence did I miss?
ไร้รากเหง้า is stateless. And the second requirement of 10 years residence is keep mentioning the childs. So I am assuming it's specific for stateless childs. (Like the famous cave ones)

29 minutes ago, sas_cars said:

ไร้รากเหง้า is stateless. And the second requirement of 10 years residence is keep mentioning the childs. So I am assuming it's specific for stateless childs. (Like the famous cave ones)

I see. The word I didn't know turns out to be crucial. Thanks.

21 minutes ago, khongaeng said:

Are the meetings always held on a Tuesday?

i am observing MOI from last 1 year and meeting held always on Last Friday every month.
July 2019 was on Last Tuesday.

• Thanks 1

On 8/9/2019 at 3:24 PM, david143 said:

i am observing MOI from last 1 year and meeting held always on Last Friday every month.
July 2019 was on Last Tuesday.

No exactly. 6 months ago it used to be in the middle of the month. Remember you posted in March: "2019 First meeting was on 18 Jan and 2nd was on 15 Feb 2019 and 3rd was on 14 March" (this one being a Thursday). So frequently on a Friday -but not always- and only very recently handled at the end of the month.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I don't care what day its on, as long as it is soon. It's now 19 months since my  NIA interview.

might be worth calling to see if theres a issue. My wife called and they said my interview would be this year 

Yeah its true
Tomorrow i m going to follow with santibaan.
And lets see what they will reply.
I will update you guys.
As my 16 months already completed

No exactly. 6 months ago it used to be in the middle of the month. Remember you posted in March: "2019 First meeting was on 18 Jan and 2nd was on 15 Feb 2019 and 3rd was on 14 March" (this one being a Thursday). So frequently on a Friday -but not always- and only very recently handled at the end of the month.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

24 minutes ago, Barty said:

I have no idea if it makes any difference, but for reference, I had 78 points.

That seems very high. I got about 52, due to my low Thai salary mainly.  Maybe also as I changed my yellow house book just before applying.

Edited by Neeranam
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday my wife checked with my case officer in SB

today he informed interview call will be April - may - June 2020

My documents were forward to MOI on 10 august 2018 after completing 1 year 10 August 2019 , we start follow up with our case incharge.
Total time now 16 Months since start Process,
Documents Send to MOI total time now 1 Year.

FYI

Thanks

• Thanks 1