Thailand reports daily record 967 new coronavirus infections

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not sure to be honest, both terms seem to be used here in the hospitals? This is where I got the info.

At Be Well Medical Center, we currently do the Rapid Covid-19 test.  This is a blood test to show whether you have Covid-19 antibodies.

https://bewell.co.th/covid-2/

https://www.bumrungrad.com/lab-service-guide/labs/sars-cov-2-(covid-19)-igg-igm-antibody,-rapid-test

I believe that an antigen test is the rapid COVID test, to see if you are infected now.

I believe that an antibody test is used to determine whether you had Covid19 in the recent past.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2021 at 12:43 AM, pmh2009 said:

All rubbish about treatments!!!! I know where 2 people in an apartment near me having COVID 19, informed the govt hospital but no pickup and the reason was because the beds are full!!! They are a poor couple... so money no honey!!! The real infection, in treatment patients and deaths are TOTALLY UNDERSTATED!!! If you have the money.... Thai or foreigner - get the shots if you can afford it!!!! No use talking about - DO IT!!!

If you do get a shot make sure it isn't from a Chinese company. One of their top medical folks came out a few days ago stating that the China vaccine had a poor effective rate(far lower than advertised). Soon after his comments the govt removed all his comments from social media and everywhere else. I'd like to know what happened to this brave soul. Probably awaiting execution for making China look bad instead of being praised for his commitment to his profession.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, HuskerDo said:

If you do get a shot make sure it isn't from a Chinese company. One of their top medical folks came out a few days ago stating that the China vaccine had a poor effective rate(far lower than advertised). Soon after his comments the govt removed all his comments from social media and everywhere else. I'd like to know what happened to this brave soul. Probably awaiting execution for making China look bad instead of being praised for his commitment to his profession.

The comments that were made were reported out of context and were subsequently clarified both from within China and independently by medical professionals. A highly regarded medical professor in Australia said:

"The lower protection rates of China’s Covid-19 vaccines have raised concerns about shots that are key to inoculation rollouts from Brazil to Indonesia, especially after their efficacy was questioned by one of the most senior Chinese health officials".

"Russell: The Sinovac study was to look at how the vaccine works against the entire range of clinical symptoms, from mild infections to severe ones, including death. The efficacy data of about 50% is for very mild disease, requiring no treatment. For infections requiring some medical intervention, it’s about 84% and for moderate-to-severe Covid cases, it’s 100%".

"The good news is the vaccines work extremely well in combating severe Covid infections, according to Fiona Russell from the Murdoch Children’s Research Institute in Melbourne and Paul Griffin, a professor from the University of Queensland in Brisbane".

That’s what you expect from Covid vaccines -- higher efficacy against more severe infections and lower against milder ones. From what I can see, it looks like a very worthwhile vaccine. The problem with the data is it didn’t include many old people or many people with co-morbidities".

www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-04-13/are-china-s-covid-shots-less-effective-experts-size-up-sinovac?srnd=premium-asia

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I am interested in getting the Sinovac jab to complement my current Moderna vaccination. Getting a second, completely different, vaccine might be useful in thwarting Covid19.

Or, the second vaccine might kill me.

Wow! You DO have a sense of humour after all! ????

• Haha 1

On 4/11/2021 at 11:47 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Hot spots will soon become the entire country I am afraid if this continues and spreads from Songkran travel.

Covid 19 ,   first edition was a trial run .

I fear , second edition , will be  , far more serious .  RIP ..

On 4/16/2021 at 5:00 PM, Nanaplaza666 said:

And those politicians have to wear them if they want everybody to wear them otherwise that would be a pathetic example for the masses wouldn't it ?? Whatever they believe for themselfs they have no choice . 

You mean like staying out of clubs with large number of people 

48 minutes ago, Solinvictus said:

Funny, how higher ranking government officials have been seen in girly high end clubs that are hot spots for the virus.

You don't expect them to be in low end girly clubs do you ????

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Mike k said:

You mean like staying out of clubs with large number of people 

They are not on tape doing that right ? You know they all do what they want anyway . But when on tape shown to the masses they do like their saints . Enough scandles in the past have proven that . 

On 4/17/2021 at 5:25 AM, HuskerDo said:

Sadly the Chinese Doctor , 

who detected  Covid 19, was punished . RIP ..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, elliss said:

Sadly the Chinese Doctor , 

who detected  Covid 19, was punished . RIP ..

Yes. You mean Dr. Li-Meng Yan? Please don't listen to her. All of what she has said has been debunked. Totally debunked. OK?

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6198164324001#sp=show-clips 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/12/2021 at 9:48 AM, LosLobo said:

The Thai government doesn't subsidize aged care like the West does.

Uk , benefits come to mind .

Never done a days work in my life .

Care homes ,  I am entitled to ... 

Not forgetting a Social Security , Funeral free .

Hopefully , a  free <deleted> up @ the local...

13 hours ago, englishoak said:

I smell fear on this board, dont worry 99% youll be fine even if you catch it... its all just fear mongering hysteria at this point. 

I am amazed .

Surely there must be a TVF , member  who has Covid 19. 

Fear , hysteria  , scare mongering , etc ..

Posts ,   deleted .  555

I smell fear on this board, dont worry 99% youll be fine even if you catch it... its all just fear mongering hysteria at this point. 

Famous last words ...

the thing is, the majority are seniors, and without chance for a vax within near future.

thai citizens have free tests, hospitalisation, medication, but that would be problematic to foreigners, so lower prospects for a fast and efficient help.

some insurance policies won't cover quarantine.

some people don't have any insurance, for example those over certain age are not taken by insurers or premiums are prohibitive, and many hundred thousands baht 

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/17/2021 at 11:00 PM, Solinvictus said:

Funny, how higher ranking government officials have been seen in girly high end clubs that are hot spots for the virus.

However that said .

They would not want to be seen in Essan  bars. 

Money talks ..555

in the UK within the last year 130k died of covid, yearly road deaths are only 2800.

so covid is over 40x higher risk.

in the UK 4.5mln became infected, many of them hospitalised, some of them for months and on ventilation.

Some of them, tens of thousands, are suffering long term effects of illness. As many and as bad as road accident survivors in thailand. Thai health service is not as good, as NHS. People are poorer to buy medicines or take time off work

Thailand covid situation might be as bad over time, as in the other countries, when the uk, brasilian, south african strains do arrive sometimes and astrazeneca delivery would be delayed, ineffective for those strains or faulty (poor quality).

Edited by internationalism
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, internationalism said:

in the UK within the last year 130k died of covid, yearly road deaths are only 2800.

so covid is over 40x higher risk.

in the UK 4.5mln became infected, many of them hospitalised, some of them for months and on ventilation.

Some of them, tens of thousands, are suffering long term effects of illness. As many and as bad as road accident survivors in thailand.

Thailand covid situation might be as bad over time, as in the other countries, when the uk, brasilian, south african strains do arrive sometimes and astrazeneca delivery would be delayed, ineffective for those strains or faulty (poor quality).

Actually they officially died With not Of, gov has been very careful with  wording for a  reason. Only last week they  admitted at least 23% had no link to Covid in their deaths at all but were falsely added in. Also, not one person is recorded of dying from influenza in the past year in the UK, which of course is a statistical impossibility so its likely to to be even more mis reported covid deaths attributed. Hospitalisations did not get to the point of one special unit (nightingale ) being used or needed. Ventilators and the use of was also quickly identified as being the wrong treatment and as since been revised .  But yes many less are killed on the roads in the UK but still far more die of cancer and heart disease or any the other top 10 reasons. In fact the UK past years total deaths even with covid is actually "below" the 5 year average.  Amazing huh ? You can find that data at public health England. 

Long term effects is still unknown as is much of the data and long term useful or effectiveness with any of the vaccines since the trails ARE the rollout.  "strains" are in fact just mutations of the same original, which btw they have never isolated or been allowed to investigate or have data of by China where it indisputably originated, and yes that is a real problem with any new virus not having the original or isolated it. Variants will increase over time and this is a natural cycle of any virus as it disperses into the global population not something to be overly feared.

Its a terrible thing to live in fear and imo totally unnecessary.  Yes its a thing, yes it can kill but  we also live with every disease known and every strain throughout history today, we will simply add this to the list and get on with life,vaccines will not stop  the pandemic imo only herd immunity and mutation to the point of it becoming as harmless to 99.9% of us as all the rest of the  Rhino/Covid variations floating about out there. 

People will always  die of something. Being a Buddhist myself Its not a concern to me how. 

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

adjusting figures some 105k died within the last 11 months, with very big difference of pick of waves around 1000 per day and the other times 10-20 per day. Deaths at the pick happened despite strong anti-measures, lockdowns.

deaths from flu are only around 100 per year, so marginal in statistics. Less than from hipotermia (up to 1990 it was causing 30k deaths per year, probably still in thousands)

I don't know death statistics but each it is less than 100k.

I don't know reasons for falling deaths, probably people started to take care of hygiene, health, well being (eat better, rest, sleep, relax) 

5 hours ago, englishoak said:

Actually they officially died With not Of, gov has been very careful with  wording for a  reason. Only last week they  admitted at least 23% had no link to Covid in their deaths at all but were falsely added in. Also, not one person is recorded of dying from influenza in the past year in the UK, which of course is a statistical impossibility so its likely to to be even more mis reported covid deaths attributed. Hospitalisations did not get to the point of one special unit (nightingale ) being used or needed. Ventilators and the use of was also quickly identified as being the wrong treatment and as since been revised .  But yes many less are killed on the roads in the UK but still far more die of cancer and heart disease or any the other top 10 reasons. In fact the UK past years total deaths even with covid is actually "below" the 5 year average.  Amazing huh ? You can find that data at public health England. 

Long term effects is still unknown as is much of the data and long term useful or effectiveness with any of the vaccines since the trails ARE the rollout.  "strains" are in fact just mutations of the same original, which btw they have never isolated or been allowed to investigate or have data of by China where it indisputably originated, and yes that is a real problem with any new virus not having the original or isolated it. Variants will increase over time and this is a natural cycle of any virus as it disperses into the global population not something to be overly feared.

Its a terrible thing to live in fear and imo totally unnecessary.  Yes its a thing, yes it can kill but  we also live with every disease known and every strain throughout history today, we will simply add this to the list and get on with life,vaccines will not stop  the pandemic imo only herd immunity and mutation to the point of it becoming as harmless to 99.9% of us as all the rest of the  Rhino/Covid variations floating about out there. 

People will always  die of something. Being a Buddhist myself Its not a concern to me how. 

At last somebody has pointed out the difference between dying of Covid and with Covid!  That has been  a bugbear of mine for nearly a year. 

In UK they classify anyone who dies within 30 days of testing positive as dying OF Covid.  I personally know 3 people who've died in the past year: one a lovely lady aged 99 (!) who had Dementia and Alzheimer's and generally failing health; another a man of 72 who had terminal cancer and the hospital had sent home to die anyway, and the third had a heart attack aged (I think) in his seventies.

All were positive for Covid but died WITH, not OF it - big, big difference.

And regarding the earlier debate in this thread about various meds: I only know about Vitamin D - this recent link from the BMJ   basically says "it might help" (...."modest protective effect against acute respiratory infections...."). 

This from The Lancet says similar.   Both these are surely reputable  sources.

My point here is that especially in a country like UK where sunshine is at a premium it can do no harm and it's very cheap. I paid £10 for a 15-month supply - worst case is it does nothing - kind of a "win, no-lose" I'd say. ????

Edited by VBF
  • Like 2

On 4/12/2021 at 1:11 AM, rabas said:

"As you can see from the regression lines, in the USA there hasn’t been any causality or correlation between the number of positive test cases and actual deaths over time."

False statement using a deceptive image.  Here is the same data from the same graph on a scale that allows readers to see the clear  relationship between death and cases. It is also easy to see the delay between cases and deaths, as it should be.

image.png.4b43e8ccd30450da98e2367034b00d2b.png

This is for the US not Thailand ????‍♂️

11 minutes ago, BillyBobzTeeth said:

This is for the US not Thailand ????‍♂️

That discussion (two weeks ago) was about misleading US data posted by the previous poster in support of a PCR testing conspiracy theory.

Read before you post.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rabas said:

That discussion (two weeks ago) was about misleading US data posted by the previous poster in support of a PCR testing conspiracy theory.

Read before you post.

I remember that low level jerk, seems he's very quiet now after being proved wrong

On 4/20/2021 at 2:35 PM, VBF said:

At last somebody has pointed out the difference between dying of Covid and with Covid!  That has been  a bugbear of mine for nearly a year. 

In UK they classify anyone who dies within 30 days of testing positive as dying OF Covid.  I personally know 3 people who've died in the past year: one a lovely lady aged 99 (!) who had Dementia and Alzheimer's and generally failing health; another a man of 72 who had terminal cancer and the hospital had sent home to die anyway, and the third had a heart attack aged (I think) in his seventies.

All were positive for Covid but died WITH, not OF it - big, big difference.

And regarding the earlier debate in this thread about various meds: I only know about Vitamin D - this recent link from the BMJ   basically says "it might help" (...."modest protective effect against acute respiratory infections...."). 

This from The Lancet says similar.   Both these are surely reputable  sources.

My point here is that especially in a country like UK where sunshine is at a premium it can do no harm and it's very cheap. I paid £10 for a 15-month supply - worst case is it does nothing - kind of a "win, no-lose" I'd say. ????

If you are on a ventilator because your lungs are destroyed from covid, it was death caused by covid. Even Fauci addressed this a few months ago and stated that the vast majority of deaths were due to covid, and not and underlying disease. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, DavisH said:

If you are on a ventilator because your lungs are destroyed from covid, it was death caused by covid. Even Fauci addressed this a few months ago and stated that the vast majority of deaths were due to covid, and not and underlying disease. 

Re-read the examples i quoted and to which you replied  - NONE of them was due to Covid, but Covid went on the death certs of all 3 - their families were all close enough friends for me to have that information.