Thailand reports 1,335 new COVID-19 cases

webfact

3 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Keep 2 meters distance from both and you'll be fine.

Keep two meters away from an invisible virus. You're risk assessment, thanks I'll stick with my own.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

Just a side note, i see that many are referring to Brazil as the example on how deadly and devastating the virus is, at least the local one.

If you check the statistics however : LINK HERE 

You will find that the deaths per million population in Brazil is actually lower than in the USA,UK,IT, and even Belgium. Brazil is in the news like a terrible exception, the reality however is that it's part of the top 10 but nothing out of the ordinary.

For people raging with fear : I don't deny the virus, it's terrible, we have to do everything, we also have to keep our heads cool and don't start running around screaming nonsense in headless chicken mode.

Just my 2 cents.

4 minutes ago, WhatsNext said:

Just a side note, i see that many are referring to Brazil as the example on how deadly and devastating the virus is, at least the local one.

If you check the statistics however : LINK HERE 

You will find that the deaths per million population in Brazil is actually lower than in the USA,UK,IT, and even Belgium. Brazil is in the news like a terrible exception, the reality however is that it's part of the top 10 but nothing out of the ordinary.

For people raging with fear : I don't deny the virus, it's terrible, we have to do everything, we also have to keep our heads cool and don't start running around screaming nonsense in headless chicken mode.

Just my 2 cents.

Stats change, give it another week max and Brazil will be leading. Its exponential death rate currently is massive. Recording 3 - 4 thousand daily, the US is recording around 700 daily and decreasing rapidly.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, WhatsNext said:

Even if that's correct, you'll never end up with everyone infected so the 1 million isn't right.

That's my point. And no one is denying the virus like someone else wrote. We are having a discussion about the numbers

We also don't know the numbers of people hit during the first wave before testing was available so many here in Thailand could well already be immune.

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Stats change, give it another week max and Brazil will be leading. Its exponential death rate currently is massive. Recording 3 - 4 thousand daily, the US is recording around 700 daily and decreasing rapidly.

Not to mention...would anyone really trust numbers coming out of Brazil?  And Worldometers has been proven to be dodgy.  Most don't rely on it any more.

https://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2020/05/world/worldometer-coronavirus-mystery/

She also found errors. In the Spanish data, for instance, Worldometer reports more than 18,000 recoveries on April 24. The Spanish government reported 3,105 recoveries that day.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

We also don't know the numbers of people hit during the first wave before testing was available so many here in Thailand could well already be immune.

But how long does that immunity last?  What about the variants?  It's been proven you can get covid a second time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Sweden is doing better than the three countries that botched their COVID efforts early on. I guess India should be on the list, but they don’t report deaths accurately.

So, Sweden is less of a failure than Brazil in dealing with COVID. That is a pretty easy bar to surpass.

I counted about 28 countries that are doing worse than Sweden in the deaths per million of population.They are not doing the best but they are also far from being the worst.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Thailand detected the first ever case outside of China on January 11 2020 using full sequence testing.  A Chinese woman stopped at the airport as a suspected PUI. They continued to use full sequence testing until they developed their own PCR tests.

Thailand got an early start.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I counted about 28 countries that are doing worse than Sweden in the deaths per million of population.They are not doing the best but they are also far from being the worst.

Bring in demographics. Large country, low population, most people live in single or small house holds, and especially that there is little contact between generations in Sweden.

Also consider that Sweden has been so extreme in postponing "non life threatening" treatment that they don't expect to catch up until 2023. 

And they are doing really badly

Edited by MikeyIdea
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MikeyIdea said:

Bring in demographics. Large country, low population, most pople live in single or small house holds, little contact between generations.

Also consider that Sweden has been so extreme in postponing non life threatening treatment that they don't expect to catch up until 2023. 

Yes with so many variables it's pretty difficult to make comparisons one way or the other yet there are still 28 countries doing worse for what ever reasons.There is so much unknown about this virus and the way transmission behaves (it's airborne and doesn't need droplets to infect others) and it's effects on different people that many experts are in disagreement with each other.Some people still believe Thailands weather is the reason for the low numbers yet here we are in the hottest part of the year heading into it's biggest wave so far.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

So, you are saying that Sweden is the best of the worst.

Except that Sweden is 13th in per capita cases.

I don’t care what the Lie Factory tells you, Sweden has done too little to protect its citizens against COVID.

Unfortunately the Swedish experiment did not work according  to the most recent information.

• Like 2

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

UK 23. Worse than Brazil? You're having a laugh.

40 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Maybe not immune but have immunities to make a new viral infection from Covid have a lesser impact, well one would hope.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

So, you are saying that Sweden is the best of the worst.

Except that Sweden is 13th in per capita cases.

I don’t care what the Lie Factory tells you, Sweden has done too little to protect its citizens against COVID.

I'm saying I counted 28 countries that did worse than Sweden in the deaths per million of population,are you hard of reading?I think you do care what the Lie Factory tells me which is why you are making your point.Sweden followed the WHO guidelines for pandemic response then the WHO changed the guidelines and apparently Sweden has also changed it's response but what Sweden refused to do was sell their sole and ditch their human rights.They didn't force their people to behave in a certain manner they retained their dignity in the face of adversity I believe.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Unfortunately the Swedish experiment did not work according  to the most recent information.

Unfortunately 28 countries also failed their experiments worse than Sweden including countries that did lockdowns and mandatory mask wearing outside in well ventilated areas. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Maybe not immune but have immunities to make a new viral infection from Covid have a lesser impact, well one would hope.

Of course you are right because even if one was immune you can still get a lung full of infected air just before a test and return a positive test theoretically speaking and thus be classified as being infected with no symptoms.Some tests even detect fragments of dead virus which also returns a positive result.To me if you get symptoms you can be counted as infected if you do not have symptoms then I would not count that as an infection.They have always done that with the flu but they are doing it differently with this virus for some reason that has not been fully explained.Is our advance in technology making this pandemic seem worse than it is with these scary numbers?

21 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I'm saying I counted 28 countries that did worse than Sweden in the deaths per million of population,are you hard of reading?I think you do care what the Lie Factory tells me which is why you are making your point.Sweden followed the WHO guidelines for pandemic response then the WHO changed the guidelines and apparently Sweden has also changed it's response but what Sweden refused to do was sell their sole and ditch their human rights.They didn't force their people to behave in a certain manner they retained their dignity in the face of adversity I believe.

They did not restrict freedom of movement but they did many other other illegal things. They instructed retirement homes to not send elderly to hospitals regardless of if they needed hospital treatment or not and instead start palliative care (morphine drip until they die, illegal without next-of-kin's explicit permission).

I am Swedish and I read many stories from desperate relatives. CNN ran a story on overwhelmed ambulance drivers confirming that they hadn't had one single call-out to a retirement home - where most of the people who died came from.

I'd call sacrificing the elderly like that a breach of human rights. But it was good for the economy, no more pensions to pay... 

Edited by MikeyIdea
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Of course you are right because even if one was immune you can still get a lung full of infected air just before a test and return a positive test theoretically speaking and thus be classified as being infected with no symptoms.Some tests even detect fragments of dead virus which also returns a positive result.To me if you get symptoms you can be counted as infected if you do not have symptoms then I would not count that as an infection.They have always done that with the flu but they are doing it differently with this virus for some reason that has not been fully explained.Is our advance in technology making this pandemic seem worse than it is with these scary numbers?

Here is an article I posted yesterday if you did not see it, it is a verified news source and pretty much lays out Asymptomatic cases being able to transmit as well as become ill without showing any symptoms.  Very inciteful I thought. The date is recent but it discusses past history from 2020 in order to lay it's foundation.

Here is an excerpt from it:

"Asymptomatic coronavirus infection is not necessarily benign. Several studies have reported abnormal lung scans in those infected without symptoms, as well as myocarditis, a type of heart inflammation. The long-term health implications of asymptomatic infection aren’t known."

https://www.statnews.com/2021/01/23/asymptomatic-infection-blunder-covid-19-spin-out-of-control/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, MikeyIdea said:

They did not restrict freedom of movement but they did many other other illegal things. They instructed retirement homes to not send elderly to hospitals regardless of if they needed hospital treatment or not and instead start palliative care (morphine drip until they die).

I am Swedish and I read many stories from desperate relatives. CNN ran a story on overwhelmed ambulance drivers confirming that they hadn't had one single call-out to a retirement home - where most of the people who died came from. I'd call sacrificing the elderly like that is a breach of human rights. But it was good for the economy, no more pensions to pay...  

That's sad if true.So they didn't try to save a single aged care resident in Sweden?That's awful.What are they many other illegal things they did?