Thailand reports 1,335 new COVID-19 cases

webfact

I don't really care about what you lot report...I'm only interested in what TAT reports about when the border will re-open and the expected number of Chinese tourists!! ????

Edited by onthedarkside
profanity removed

14 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

getting way too close for comfort for me. i now know multiple people who either have it, are in isolation or sick and awaiting results. multiple positive kids at my son's school as well (hua hin)

this outbreak is much bigger than before

local hospitals are either refusing to test or trying to get people to pay with many refusing to do so. no beds anyway. one of the kids from school sent home positive and whole family been sick for days.

i suppose at least they are at home, which is good for them but its obvious the system is creaking already with only a few hundred cases.

Thanks for the Huahin update, I live there but stuck in NZ. I will warn my mother in law to stay home from working in the market. 

The mass migration from Bangkok to Cha Amm and Huahin every weekend to the beaches must have something to do with this, plus the infections from the night club visited by the infected from Bangkok. 

Then there is also a high amount of myamer workers. 

May be a coincidence but Chiang Mai infections have risen since the conflict in Myanmar, very easy for people to to walk into Masai, Chiang Rai and very hard to control. 

I lived there for several years and people were walking across the borders in daylight without problems, now with the conflict things could get worse for the covid-19 infections from the borders. 

9 hours ago, Antonymous said:

Really? Where did you hear that, from someone in the bar?

Deaths per 1,000,000 population:

UK:  1,864

USA: 1,731

Brazil: 1,644

Sweden: 1,342

https://ourworldindata.org

Sweden adapted and improved their response, that's why I deliberately used past tense HAD in my post. Perhaps your reading comprehension is a bit affected after a few beers in a bar again.  

Edited by MikeyIdea
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Thanks for the Huahin update, I live there but stuck in NZ. I will warn my mother in law to stay home from working in the market. 

The mass migration from Bangkok to Cha Amm and Huahin every weekend to the beaches must have something to do with this, plus the infections from the night club visited by the infected from Bangkok. 

Then there is also a high amount of myamer workers. 

May be a coincidence but Chiang Mai infections have risen since the conflict in Myanmar, very easy for people to to walk into Masai, Chiang Rai and very hard to control. 

I lived there for several years and people were walking across the borders in daylight without problems, now with the conflict things could get worse for the covid-19 infections from the borders. 

Do you always need a scapegoat? No way to tell if it's coming from Burma.

Edited by DerbyDan
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Agreed I wasn't around for the first one and to young for the second but I tend to run out of the way when a train is heading full speed at me, just the way I am I guess.

The survivability from a speeding train hit is close to zero...with a SARS-CoV-2 virus hit it's 98 percent or higher.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Antonymous said:

I think you may have missed the memo…

Date: 13 January 2021                                                                      

WHO-identifier: 2020/5, version 2

Target audience: laboratory professionals and users of IVDs.

Purpose of this notice: clarify information previously provided by WHO. This notice supersedes WHO Information Notice for In Vitro Diagnostic Medical Device (IVD) Users 2020/05 version 1, issued 14 December 2020.

Most PCR assays are indicated as an aid for diagnosis, therefore, health care providers must consider any result in combination with timing of sampling, specimen type, assay specifics, clinical observations, patient history, confirmed status of any contacts, and epidemiological information.

https://www.who.int/news/item/20-01-2021-who-information-notice-for-ivd-users-2020-05

In layman’s language, WHO finally admitted that many PCR tests, as used extensively around the world, are unreliable. Dr Kary Mullis, the Nobel Prize laureate who invented the PCR process has been adamant that it was never meant as a diagnostic tool. Any test with a CT value of over 35 is potentially meaningless.

Does anyone know what CT value is being used here in Thailand. Genuine question. We need to know.

You don’t understand the advisory you have quoted.

it’s just basic guidelines for diagnosing COVID-19. Nothing in the memo says that PCR-RT isn’t the gold standard for diagnosis.

Your internet friends are lying to you.

Otherwise, how do you explain that virtually everyone hospitalized for COVID symptoms has tested positive via PCR-RT? How do you explain that spikes in Positive tests result in future hospitalizations and deaths?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Salerno said:

8 minutes ago, robsamui said:

What am I missing here . . . how does using a knuckle avoid having skin contact with an infected button?

The fact people don't normally rub their eyes with their knuckles, lick their knuckles, pick their nose with their knuckles etc.

Hmmm . . . and that infected magic knuckle somehow never makes contact with any other surfaces? Pockets, clothes, glasses, mugs, keys, door handles and other surfaces?

Edited by robsamui

11 minutes ago, Salerno said:

The fact people don't normally rub their eyes with their knuckles, lick their knuckles, pick their nose with their knuckles etc.

But my index finger was cutoff accidently at the big knuckle, so can I still rub my eye with it or pick my nose....your post nails it however.  Our lift panels are covered in thick plastic and are washed down every thirty minutes by staff that is in the lobby. However, I have not gone down the lift since Tuesday to check my mail, staying isolated since our return from Chiang Mai 6 days ago.  However, the hand sanitizer bottle located in the lifts is right next to the panel.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

Just now, Danderman123 said:

I don’t get these people who think that scientists and doctors are either stupid or working in a grand conspiracy to close bars and make people wear fase masks.  It’s not terrible that they have these crazy ideas, but, for some reason, they are driven to spreading their misinformation on the internet. And there is a giant Lie Machine that feeds their paranoia with new lies every day.

We are not just fighting a virus, we are fighting ignorance and stupidity.

The way to win is to use the Scientific Method. Follow science and we will beat the virus. The problem is the number of people who flunked science in high school but think they know more than the scientists.

Well put and hopefully those on this forum who think they know better than scientists will heed your words.

1 hour ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

The survivability from a speeding train hit is close to zero...with a SARS-CoV-2 virus hit it's 98 percent or higher.

That's not a good number to go by.  Many countries are not reporting data at all, and many others have admitted their reported numbers are WAY low.  Not to mention around 30% of survivors are now experiencing after effects.

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/07/about-30-covid-deaths-may-not-be-classified-such

About 30% of COVID deaths may not be classified as such

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WhatsNext said:

Fantastic mathematic skills, with a 0.3% mortality rate as per usual for covid, you get a maximum of 198.000 deaths. That's with EVERYONE in Thailand being infected.

Your numbers are a bit off.

Personally, I would make sure of my numbers.  In Real Life, the mortality rate of the infected worldwide is something like 1.8%, which means over a million dead, if everyone were infected.

I sure hope you aren’t walking around thinking that Thailand’s mortality numbers are accurate.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

That's not a good number to go by.  Many countries are not reporting data at all, and many others have admitted their reported numbers are WAY low.  Not to mention around 30% of survivors are now experiencing after effects.

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/07/about-30-covid-deaths-may-not-be-classified-such

About 30% of COVID deaths may not be classified as such

COVID Deniers don’t seem to care much about those with long term effects from COVID, it’s almost as if those people don’t exist.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

COVID Deniers don’t seem to care much about those with long term effects from COVID, it’s almost as if those people don’t exist.

You can easily spot them.  They quote that death rate percentage.  Even though it's well known the numbers are dodgy. As cases and deaths are under reported.  And in some countries, not reported at all.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1