Vaccinating Pattaya

TaaSaparot

Far enough out in the Boondocks that it will be inaccessible for the many farangs living near the beach who don't have their own transport and depend on Baht Buses to get around. I should have thought that PEACH would have been a better location, at least for the Bright Side population. Makes no difference to me, just thinking of my fellow expats, some of whom don't have their own wheels.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Guderian said:

Far enough out in the Boondocks that it will be inaccessible for the many farangs living near the beach who don't have their own transport and depend on Baht Buses to get around. I should have thought that PEACH would have been a better location, at least for the Bright Side population. Makes no difference to me, just thinking of my fellow expats, some of whom don't have their own wheels.

I agree about the location, but this will not involve Foreigners I would have thought.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Guderian said:

Bolt.

Surprisingly inexpensive.

At least until Grab makes them a buy-out offer..

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

If we're living here it's to everyone's benefit for everyone to get vaccinated regardless of nationality. The virus doesn't check!

Come on Jingthing, please don't tell me you would be surprised at this?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, starky said:

Yes but a country who's rollout is struggling and have probably not even secured enough vaccine for its own populace surely you wouldn't be bold enough to suggest that you should be vaccinated before a Thai national? Or are you suggesting expats get vaccine before citizens? 

And what are you living here as PR? Citizen? Or just someone residing on a visa cos that's what I do and there is no way I would have the audacity to suggest I should be vaccinated before any Thai person.

Dude.

Do not put words in my mouth.

I don’t think nationality should be relevant.

They should decide on priority protocols based on essential workers and high risk groups. Foreigners in those high risk groups should not be discriminated against.

Yes I know they aren't doing that.. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Dude.

Do not put words in my mouth.

I don’t think nationality should be relevant.

They should decide on priority protocols based on essential workers and high risk groups. Foreigners in those high risk groups should not be discriminated against.

Yes I know they aren't doing that.. 

Ok ill put it another way. I'm an Australian whatever your nationality may be I could almost 100% guarantee you that the citizens of your country as they will in mine will be the first ones vaccinated. There is no way in gods green earth anyone in Australia living there on a visa will be getting vaccinated before an Australian citizen. If the person in question has PR or Citizenship or is an essential worker that may be a different story but for that story to be different they would be required to be working there.

How many expats in Pattaya would be essential workers ? I imagine close to zero.

If your in a high risk group and think vaccine is a priority for you it may be wiser to return to the land of your birth where I am sure with your "priority" you will be able to receive your vaccine immediately and for free.

Edited by starky
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I get it. You're super heavy on the nationalism. Viruses don't care.

Don't see any evidence of any country in the world treating their response any differently. In fact some countries like the US are stockpiling far more vaccine than they need that could sorely be used for the rest of the world. 

Still don't see the reasoning behind why you think you would deserve a vaccine before a citizen thats not super nationalistic just common sense. I have a wife and children here no doubt in my mind who should be getting any vaccine first.

Edited by starky
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, starky said:

Don't see any evidence of any country in the world treating their response any differently in fact some countries like the US are stockpiling far more vaccine than they need that could sorely be used for the rest of the world. 

Still don't see the reasoning behind why you think you would deserve a vaccine before a citizen thats not super nationalistic just common sense. I have a wife and children here not doubt in my mind who should be getting any vaccine first.

Medical ethics over political nationalist ethics. I am suggesting what is right not what will happen.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3