Decision to close beaches in Chonburi reversed - but illegal gathering and alcohol still a no-no

webfact

4pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook reported that the PR department of the Chonburi administration had amended an order issued on Friday that called for the closure of the beaches in the province. 

Amendments to 4.3 on Saturday mean that now the beaches are open for exercise and sporting activities and other approved activities. 

But they are still off limits to social gatherings in groups and alcohol consumption is completely banned. 

The post called for all people to follow Covid-19 protocols to the letter.

Infractions can get jail terms of 1 year and fines of 100,000 baht. 

Sanook mention "Bangsaen New Normal" in their report. 

If referring to all of Chonburi as it appears this would also mean the beaches of Pattaya. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-21

1 hour ago, pattjock said:

"The post called for all people to follow Covid-19 protocols to the letter"

It would help if they make these protocols widely available so people know what they are.

Protocols change by the hour. How can you keep up ? 

1 hour ago, HANGOVER TWO said:

Protocols change by the hour. How can you keep up ? 

There is something called internet where you could keep an updated web page, in a few different languages.

Pattaya city have a web page but it's all in Thai even if there is a very large foreign population living there.

14 hours ago, webfact said:

now the beaches are open for exercise and sporting activities and other approved activities. 

But they are still off limits to social gatherings in groups and alcohol consumption is completely banned. 

Glad to see there are still traces of common sense among decision makers in this country. Well done.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, howbri said:

The safest place to be for protection against covid is in a swimming pool. Sunshine, fresh air and the chlorine all kill the virus.

You know that, I know that.  My pool is still closed though.

On 4/22/2021 at 3:02 PM, howbri said:

The safest place to be for protection against covid is in a swimming pool. Sunshine, fresh air and the chlorine all kill the virus.

new pools are in salt water and no chlorine, also some of the old pools were converted to salt for give some pocket money at managers, maybe now they can reconvert to chlorine for Covid use and get again pocket money. My condo has gone last year to salt water just in time for Covid.

8 minutes ago, angy said:

new pools are in salt water and no chlorine, also some of the old pools were converted to salt for give some pocket money at managers, maybe now they can reconvert to chlorine for Covid use and get again pocket money. My condo has gone last year to salt water just in time for Covid.

Not sure about that.... I thought they used electrolysis to produce chlorine, by converting the salt. Advantage being no dangerous chlorine to handle. 

Edited by jacko45k