A quick look inside Thailand’s field hospitals

Jonathan Fairfield

3 hours ago, Khunangkaro said:

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/a-quick-look-inside-thailands-field-hospitals/

...During the current wave of COVID-19, field hospitals are reserved for people who have tested positive but have mild or no symptoms. ...

...Field-hospital patients are provided with basic necessities such as a bed, a blanket, water and food.

... ...

Upon checking in, they must register themselves and read the guidelines for patients. They are asked to take care of themselves – by making their own bed, helping themselves when food boxes arrive, and checking their own body temperature, blood pressure, and more before reporting the readings to the medical staff in charge.

... ... ... ...

Above are some quotes from "Full story: "(of field hospitals) .

I wonder...  Am I forced into such a contaminated <deleted>hole, when I have no symptoms and was forced into an inappropriate PCR-test that shows a (False)Positive? 

And must we pay for the low level of service with a high chance of a follow up  result of real infection and it's aftermath? 

...No Thanks. 

Then the government wonders why citizens lie about their whereabouts and shun testing.
Allow citizen to recover at home.  If found outside then force them into these concentration camps.

23 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

That pic don't look very fieldy to me .. more like inside some sort of building , possibly a hospital if I'm honest .. 

This photo is completely different to all the other photos of Field Hospitals that have been published.

There are even some Curtains for privacy, and a tiled floor as opposed to the Linolium Floor  that seems to prevail

1 hour ago, connda said:

They don't even follow their own social distancing guidelines.  That is a true concentration camp which puts the entire community in direct contact with high viral loads.
That!  That is criminal.

They already have COVID so no need for 'social distancing'.

The local community aren't allowed in so not a risk to them, it's for infected prisoners only.

Edited by BritManToo

23 hours ago, Joinaman said:

since when did field hospitals have nice tiled floor and nice ceilings like in the photo ?

Click the article link to get a look at some of the other field hospitals.  They are quite different from the one shown.

• Like 1

TBH it looks cleaner and fresher than one of the public hospital wards I have spent time in ! And there I had no idea about what  infection etc my neighbors had !

No doubt well heeled foreigners and Thai Hiso can opt for more illustrious accommodations but for the more typical Thai victim dependent on the 30bht scheme what is the problem other than the chance of being a false positive victim?

2 minutes ago, Britman Free said:

As in England, they won't be used. 

Useful device to get everyone scared & more malleable though ????

In Chiang Mai we're using the Convention Centre, Maejo University and at least one hotel that I know of along with three government hospitals plus private hospitals. Maejo Uni. currently has 322 cases, I don't know the numbers of patients in the other locations. 

There are now 15,642 people being treated in hospitals for Covid-19, including 352 people who are in critical condition with with “severe pneumonia”. 91 Covid patients are on ventilators. Another 4,231 people with Covid-19 are in field hospitals.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/update-2070-new-covid-19-cases-reported-today

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Emdog said:

Virus is spread by air transmission. Note cruise ships, hotels with central air con and how virus spread there. Curtains that don't reach ceiling or floor are about as effective as wearing a mask that doesn't cover your nose.

Everyone in there has tested positive.  Only the medical staff need protecting.

• Confused 3

Always remember 'Cases' = all mouth and no trousers.

Thailand is following the UK playbook.  

There's big money in emergencies.

In my town of approx 80,000 there have been a grand total of 244 people who have had 'Covid' added to their death certificates (and 192 who died within 28 days of a positive test).   A year and 3 months into this deadly pandemic.

Best close the world and sacrifice the economy and everyone's livelihoods for a few years just to be on the safe side ????

Edited by Britman Free
add detail
  • Like 1