Reentry Permit

Is there such a thing as a reentry  permit.  I have now applied for a Non O spouse visa with a single entry.  We decided to do the 7 day quarantine as we both have had our covid vaccines, (Moderna 2 shots).

In the event that I would need to leave Thailand due to a family situation, and then return in a month or two, is it possible to get a reentry permit so I do not need to apply for a Visa a second time?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Your non o will give you a 90 day entry.

If you need to exit and reenter you can buy a reentry permit either from immigration or at airport prior to departure. 1000baht for single reentry.

The form you fill out is a TM8. 

You can download. Requires a photo attached 

Edited by DrJack54

What he said ^^^.

It is important to note that the Re-Entry Permit does not pause the clock or "save days". 

When you return you will be stamped in to the same date as your current entry permission.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bunnydrops said:

I am sure he would have to quarantine again, but would he still have to go though the Thai embassy to get permission to reenter Thailand?

He would need a new COE, coved 19 test and etc.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I have a retirement extension and multi entry but I was under the impression that is not sufficient to get me back when with jabs and negative tests. Can anyone clarify?

There are MANY MANY threads outlining requirements. You have to obtain COE along with insurance etc . You have the option covered with your reentry permit. 

Read up on all other requirements

8 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I have a retirement extension and multi entry but I was under the impression that is not sufficient to get me back when with jabs and negative tests. Can anyone clarify?

You can enter with a valid re-entry permit for a extension based upon retirement.

You will need the corvid 19 insurance and the 40/400k baht insurance coverage to get a certificate of entry.

10 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Basically the requirements to get in Thailand are same for a retirement visa/ extension or any other visa or even a tourist or no visa 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can enter with a valid re-entry permit for a extension based upon retirement.

You will need the corvid 19 insurance and the 40/400k baht insurance coverage to get a certificate of entry.

It's says 100,000 US$ (3 million Thai baht)covid insurance coverage on entry Thailand go th site

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

It's says 100,000 US$ (3 million Thai baht)covid insurance coverage on entry Thailand go th site

I am aware of that but did not detail it.

The 40/400k baht medical insurance is another requirement for those on extension based upon retirement.

Edit: If you go on the corvid 19 insurance site you get this popup after entering the required info.

image.png.16eaaf8b6bfcfea0af4b70608c832a50.png

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

It's correct as far as the covid insurance. Covid test /vaccine documents  and  quarantining. Fact

The 40/400k baht Thai insurance is not required for visa exempt entry.

Post facts rather than guess work.

The OP had correct answers already.

Your stabs in the dark are incorrect and not required.

Just now, DrJack54 said:

The 40/400k baht Thai insurance is not required for visa exempt entry.

Post facts rather than guess work.

The OP had correct answers already.

Your stabs in the dark are incorrect and not required.

Read my message .. you Stab away with your irrelevances

5 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

Read my message .. you Stab away with your irrelevances

You don't think it's relevant that the 40/400k insurance is needed for some entries and not for visa exempt?

These are your words below. Clearly wrong.

Basically the requirements to get in Thailand are same for a retirement visa/ extension or any other visa or even a tourist or no visa

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I thought  the 40/400k insurance was O/A dependent..

Previously, you only needed the regular health insurance for an O-A or O-X visa (plus associated extensions). However, it is a requirement now to get a COE to enter Thailand with an O visa for retirement (or a reentry permit tied to a retirement extension).

So the 40/400k insurance is for your retirement visa ? And then you need separate covid insurance ?

can they both be obtained from the companies listed on the long stay.tgia.org ?

how do you get someone to sign the certificate of insurance  form on the long stay.tgia.org website ?

18 minutes ago, darrenr said:

How do you get someone to sign the certificate of insurance  form on the long stay.tgia.org website ?

Basically you don't. 

You obtain the 40/400k from of the Thai insurance companies and separate "covid insurance" policy.

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I am aware of that but did not detail it.

The 40/400k baht medical insurance is another requirement for those on extension based upon retirement.

Edit: If you go on the corvid 19 insurance site you get this popup after entering the required info.

image.png.16eaaf8b6bfcfea0af4b70608c832a50.png

I thought Non-O visa holders did not need the Health insurance! Sorry, I am a bit confused again.

31 minutes ago, Anant72 said:

I thought Non-O visa holders did not need the Health insurance! Sorry, I am a bit confused again.

It is only needed for those with non-o visas or extensions of a entry from one to get a certificate of entry at a embassy or consulate. It is not required to apply for a extension of stay.

4 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Can you have a vaccine and avoid the two insurances?

No

Being vaccinated does not eliminate the requirement for insurance. It only reduces the 10 day quarantine to 7 days.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It is only needed for those with non-o visas or extensions of a entry from one to get a certificate of entry at a embassy or consulate. It is not required to apply for a extension of stay.

Thank you very much.

In other words, if I leave Thailand for whatever reason with a valid Non-O extension and multiple entry stamp and want to come back well before the expiration date of my extension, I will need to get a health insurance (on top of the Covid one) in order to get a COE?
Another thing: my present health insurance (CIGNA) covers COVID hospitalization and treatment 100%: does that count or is the Covid insurance mandated by the Thai authorities compulsory, regardless?

Sorry to bother you again, Ubonjoe.

4 minutes ago, Anant72 said:

In other words, if I leave Thailand for whatever reason with a valid Non-O extension and multiple entry stamp and want to come back well before the expiration date of my extension, I will need to get a health insurance (on top of the Covid one) in order to get a COE?

Yes

4 minutes ago, Anant72 said:

Another thing: my present health insurance (CIGNA) covers COVID hospitalization and treatment 100%: does that count or is the Covid insurance mandated by the Thai authorities compulsory, regardless?

Sorry to bother you again, Ubonjoe.

If you policy clearly states that it covers covid 19 with no limit on the cost is should be accepted by the embassy processing your COE.

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes

If you policy clearly states that it covers covid 19 with no limit on the cost is should be accepted by the embassy processing your COE.

Thank you, Ubonjoe. So, I don't need health insurance as long as I stay in the country but need it when I return. Anything to make life easy for retirees! Should I then plan to get an extra insurance policy (to choose from those that are accepted by the THM) on top of my full coverage Cigna insurance, before I reach 75? Or is this requirement valid only during the time of the pandemic when you need à COE?