Lazada now requires you disable ad blocker

Susco

As of yesterday, Lazada has become inaccessible if you have an ad blocker active.

Not possible to login, or do a search for an item.

This is what you get

image.png.d638ae4d8a38c0d003ef40e7b895968e.png

There is a way around to get to the login page, where you will get the annoying, have to verify yourself by SMS or Email security code, but when you then manage to login, still no search for items possible. My ad blocker tells me 23 items blocked, so i don't even think about disabling it. Shopee it will be then.

image.png.4a9000f143f10f5ef31c2d2f958f0c7b.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, doctormann said:

Just tried it - no issues at all.  Had to verify email but this is normal - they send you a one-time code.

I run Adblock+ but also have Tampermonkey running so they don't know that I'm running an adblocker.

Running the Brave browser - probably not relevant though.

Works for me in Chrome, where no ad blocker activated. Doesn't work at all in FF with Adblocker ultimate.

The verify email is not a major issue for me, the forced disable adblocker is, because it may as well be a bit more than ads that you receive.

Below is with Tampermonkey and logged in.

image.png.2f69847b0e6e5978a2472644724af384.png

Edited by Susco
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Susco said:

Works for me in Chrome, where no ad blocker activated. Doesn't work at all in FF with Adblocker ultimate.

The verify email is not a major issue for me, the forced disable adblocker is, because it may as well be a bit more than ads that you receive.

Below is with Tampermonkey and logged in.

image.png.2f69847b0e6e5978a2472644724af384.png

Nothing wrong with mine, Google & AdBlock Pro. Maybe something your end

PS. Delete some of those old messages.

4 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

I use uBlock origin for Chrome, doesn't seem to get detected on Lazada or here

My issue is on Firefox, not Chrome.

With uBlock origin it works on Firefox, not with ad blocker ultimate, so the issue seems to be with the adblocker.

Will have to change back to uBlock origin

1 minute ago, Nojohndoe said:

I just added adblock plus to firefox  and logged in to Lazada with no problems.

Adblock Ultimate, not the same thing as Adblock Plus

Edited by Susco

For Firefox - type about:config in the address bar. Enter, then hit "accept the risk and continue" Now hit "show all" then go to "javascript.enabled" and toggle* to false. I would keep the page open until I was finished with the target website - then I would toggle back to true.

Toggle button is on the right hand side.

9 minutes ago, rcuthbert said:

For Firefox - type about:config in the address bar. Enter, then hit "accept the risk and continue" Now hit "show all" then go to "javascript.enabled" and toggle* to false. I would keep the page open until I was finished with the target website - then I would toggle back to true.

Toggle button is on the right hand side.

I did just that, when toggle to false Lazada open. When toggle back to true, the same error occurs.

You suggest I do this every time i want to login to Lazada?

Switching to uBlock is an easier solution IMO

Edited by Susco

1 minute ago, gunderhill said:

Mine works  fine with adblock just ordered  the extra large  ribbed for pleasure KingKong size.........barbecue

Maybe people could be bothered to read what I wrote.

First of all there are many versions of ad block. Mine is Ultimate.

It also happens in Firefox, not aware about other browsers

9 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

Christ is it  that hard....change versions...........clearly "ultimate" aint!

Agree. I will revert to Plus. Firefox has it's own features like anti track anyway.

Not sure what advantages  Ultimate has over Plus anyway that are of extreme importance.

18 minutes ago, Susco said:

I did just that, when toggle to false Lazada open. When toggle back to true, the same error occurs.

You suggest I do this every time i want to login to Lazada?

Switching to uBlock is an easier solution IMO

Yes, if you keep it at false, it could  interfere  with other webpages.

6 minutes ago, Nojohndoe said:

Agree. I will revert to Plus. Firefox has it's own features like anti track anyway.

Not sure what advantages  Ultimate has over Plus anyway that are of extreme importance.

Well, at one point someone has to make a decision on which of the tens of different ad blockers available they will use.

I had uBlock origin, which several months ago started to play up with TVF, and google told me that Ultimate was the best one available at that time.

I installed it and it worked fine, until yesterday.

I hope everyone can forgive me for selecting the wrong ad blocker

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Susco said:

Well, at one point someone has to make a decision on which of the tens of different ad blockers available they will use.

I had uBlock origin, which several months ago started to play up with TVF, and google told me that Ultimate was the best one available at that time.

I installed it and it worked fine, until yesterday.

I hope everyone can forgive me for selecting the wrong ad blocker

Horses for  courses ! Lazada obviously doesn't like the daily favourite  is all. lol

8 hours ago, Susco said:

Maybe people could be bothered to read what I wrote...

Maybe people could be bothered to give a precise description of their problem in the opening post (OP) of the topic, where necessary of appropriate for a full understanding with information regarding the browser being used and the correct, full names of relevant extensions to it, if any.

In the OP of this topic:

1. Browser name not mentioned.
  2. "ad blocker active" mentioned but there are a dozen or more ad blockers with with the name "ad blocker" or the text "ad blocker" in the title line.
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Puccini said:

Maybe people could be bothered to give a precise description of their problem in the opening post (OP) of the topic, where necessary of appropriate for a full understanding with information regarding the browser being used and the correct, full names of relevant extensions to it, if any.

In the OP of this topic:

1. Browser name not mentioned.
  2. "ad blocker active" mentioned but there are a dozen or more ad blockers with with the name "ad blocker" or the text "ad blocker" in the title line.

Maybe people could read a bit further than their nose is long, and see is the following posts that browser and ad blocker name are mentioned several times.

8 minutes ago, phetphet said:

I just signed onto Lazada while running an ad blocker with no problems at all. Can browse as normal.

Yes the problem is only with Ad blocker Ultimate in Firefox. I switched to another ad blocker, and the problem vanished.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Susco said:

Maybe people could be bothered to read what I wrote.

First of all there are many versions of ad block. Mine is Ultimate.

It also happens in Firefox, not aware about other browsers

I did read your entire first post and no where did you mention what browser you were using or what adblocker.

From your topic title and lack of detail in your OP, it is quite reasonable to assume that you were claiming Lazada was blocking anyone using an adblocker. Others, like myself, immediately logged into Lazada to find - no problems at all.

21 hours ago, Susco said:

As of yesterday, Lazada has become inaccessible if you have an ad blocker active.

Not possible to login, or do a search for an item.

There is a way around to get to the login page, where you will get the annoying, have to verify yourself by SMS or Email security code, but when you then manage to login, still no search for items possible. My ad blocker tells me 23 items blocked, so i don't even think about disabling it. Shopee it will be then.

As many have noted, they aren't having problems with other browsers or adblockers, so the issue would seem to be with the version of the adblocker you are using, not with the Lazada site itself.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

I did read your entire first post and no where did you mention what browser you were using or what adblocker.

You mean this is not visible to you? Good try but no cigar for you

11 minutes ago, Susco said:

You mean this is not visible to you? Good try but no cigar for you

You seem to have overlooked the very first sentence I typed, where I noted:

35 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

The information you quote here:

Was in your second post, which is the 3rd post in the thread as someone had already replied to your first post. As is apparent, most people read your topic title and first post and then rushed to see if it was true, only to find out it wasn't and they then rushed back here to post their results, by which time most would not have seen your second post at all.

So no cigar for you either !!

• Thanks 1