All bridges to Phuket to close late night as health officials ‘exhausted’

webfact

1619590549_1-org.jpg

Image: PR Phuket

The Phuket News

PHUKET: All bridges onto and off the island are to be closed to all traffic, except emergency service vehicles and trucks delivering goods, from 11pm to 5am each night to help exhausted health officers cope with the volume of people being checked for COVID-19, Phuket Vice Governor Piyapong Choowong confirmed. 

“Phuket Check Point at Tha Chatchai will be closed from 11pm to 5am each night,” V/Gov Piyapong explained after the meeting of the Communicable Disease Committee yesterday (Apr 27).

“The checkpoint has been open 24 hours, our staff are exhausted, and only a few vehicles pass through the checkpoint in the nighttime,” he said.

Source: https://www.thephuketnews.com/all-bridges-to-phuket-to-close-late-night-as-health-officials-exhausted-79828.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-04-28

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, kotsak said:

The concept of "shift work" hasn't reached down south?

Not a concept that has caught on in Thailand, similar to which is so many offices that deal with the public closing for lunch. Staggering the lunch breaks is an alien concept. I remember when I was a kid in the UK maybe 60 years ago many shops there would shut for lunch, but that never happens now. Maybe Thailand will catch up eventually. It might be a challenge though. I once came across a restaurant here that closed for lunch.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Deli said:

would have planned ahead

As you say......TIT In which "planning ahead" is an alien concept, in fact using the words planning and Thailand in the same sentence would be considered an oxymoron.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, n00dle said:

Perhaps they dont want to catch up, but would rather, where possible, maintain that cultural characteristic.

And that cultural characteristic would be not giving a damn about the customer, or about offering good service, tied in with a sense of laziness. 

23 hours ago, keith101 said:

All bridges to Phuket to close late night as health officials ‘exhausted’

I am pretty sure there is only one bridge .

I heard it's over a river named Kwai (?) There is another over "Troubled Waters" too (or is that a bridge too far?)

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

And that cultural characteristic would be not giving a damn about the customer, or about offering good service, tied in with a sense of laziness. 

Do you begrudge the spainsh a siesta or a muslim Ramadan?

Is your world view the only one that is correct?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, n00dle said:

Do you begrudge the spainsh a siesta or a muslim Ramadan?

Is your world view the only one that is correct?

Just quoting the experiences I've had here since first coming in 2004, and anyway your answer is a non sequitur!

There is two bridges for sure and maybe a third. The new bridge has more heights for boat to pass under,

but the old bridge remains as well. The river Kwai is way up in the northwest of Thailand.  Geography is

not strong with some people. 

Geezer

• Like 1

Too Late. Horse already bolted, via Air ? Bangkok Flights to Phuket should habe been stopped......

The three 2000 person parties on Phuket spreading covid variant brought in by the infected Red Area Bangkok Thong Lor Party Crowd I thought ? Phuket Sea Entry so easy & hardly controlled......

2 hours ago, n00dle said:

Which of the words i used was too big? 

Perhaps you can find someone to help you work through it.

None, however the point(s) you raised as example make no sense. The Spanish (with a capital S as this is the name of something, ask someone to explain to you if its troubling for you) is more or less defunct & those places that do indeed continue the tradition factor that time into their work schedules and compensate it in a consecutive daily manner. This is why the Spanish (big S again) traditionally eat a late dinner. 

The second is a religious festival which forbids Muslim (M) followers (on the whole, as there are legitimate exceptions) from consuming food & drinks during daylight hours. Nothing to do with working times - although allowances are normally made for those people to break a fast. 

So I am still at a loss as to the comparison(s) you are trying to make. Perhaps you can find someone to help you with a better example? along with correct grammatical rules.