Thailand reports 1,871 new coronavirus cases, 10 new deaths

webfact

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Is the decline exponential? 

No it not. This is 4 conservative day it's going down. If continues like that in following days then I think they start getting it under control. 

The biggest problem of mass spreading now are the field hospitals. Where mass of poz people are packed together asymptomatic but most will have lower immune system. Also many with different varriants so easy to infect others and then they get really ill and need go hospital. Most people in hospitals come from there 

It total wrong way to work. All these should be in self isolation at home and hollowed up

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

No, the government has publicly said several times that foreigners living in Thailand will be included in the government's vaccination program. What isn't clearly known right now is just when, and what if any choice of vaccine foreigners will have.

Probably whatever dregs are leftover when the government decides that it's vaccinated enough of its own people: some Sinovac and Sinopharm, a few doses of Sputnik, and a large batch of Pfizer that's been stored in an old rice-pledging scheme warehouse at ambient temperature for six months, lol.

9 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

The 48 year old lady confirmed link with AZ blood clots, the 55 year old Male fit and healthy died of blood clots in the lung just after AZ, 71 year old still under inestigation just after AZ

The Guardian report is primarily about the two new cases that are not known to be linked to vaccination.

As it states:

"It is unclear whether health authorities suspect that a rare and severe clotting condition linked to the AstraZeneca vaccine, called thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome, is being investigated as a possible cause of the deaths. Though the Tamworth man developed clotting in his lungs, it is not yet clear whether the clotting was TTS or a more common form of clotting unrelated to the vaccine."

Lower down, it does also mention the earlier case of the woman you refer to and says it was, "likely to be linked to vaccination."

786 in critical condition, including 230 on ventilators.

The first chart below reflects Thailand's latest cumulative COVID case statistics, while the second chart below reflects COVID case totals just for the current outbreak during April.

The light blue shaded chart in each shows that 27,988 people in Thailand are currently hospitalized in some kind of facility (hospital, field hospital, hotel-hospital) after testing positive for COVID. Along with the 786 currently hospitalized in critical condition, and 230 of those requiring ventilators to breathe.

Screenshot_4.jpg.03cf4fd981541761f2b8935c45a7e080.jpg

Screenshot_6.jpg.75a10f0d7eab616e35b1fead50481b45.jpg

5 minutes ago, ericdiam said:

No it not. This is 4 conservative day it's going down. If continues like that in following days then I think they start getting it under control. 

The biggest problem of mass spreading now are the field hospitals. Where mass of poz people are packed together asymptomatic but most will have lower immune system. Also many with different varriants so easy to infect others and then they get really ill and need go hospital. Most people in hospitals come from there 

It total wrong way to work. All these should be in self isolation at home and hollowed up

As was discussed before, the odds of an infected person being infected by a second variant are close to one in a zillion.

Letting infected people stay home dooms their family, and the contacts of their family.

• Haha 1

Top provinces in Thursday's new COVID cases report:

Bangkok -- 689

Samut Prakan -- 151

Chonburi -- 112

Chiang Mai -- 89

Pathum Thani -- 81

Songkhla -- 46

Surat Thani -- 46

Samut Sakhon -- 39

Khon Kaen -- 32

Nakhon Pathom -- 30

Screenshot_14.jpg.11f54d77b4aa964b83006dc17ea0ac76.jpg

And a good trend for Bangkok. The graph below shows Bangkok's daily COVID case totals for April 25 through April 29:

Screenshot_28.jpg.bd700a89cd0f89aaf41f9211234340df.jpg

44 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

Most  informed  people would take either as they greatly reduce the risk of DEATH

Hmm, the apparent low efficacy of the first dose from the likes of Chile that have mostly used Sinovac would make me reluctant to take it. I'm however, in an age group where Covid is not a huge risk to myself so I'd rather wait for a better vaccine candidate. 

• Like 1

Ministry of Public Health comparisons of how Thailand is faring versus world countries and its regional Asian peer countries in terms of total COVID cases. Thailand continues to rank 104th in the world for total COVID cases.

Screenshot_2.jpg.6ee7b719bfd8c144b14d4990bdb2d6ff.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg.57ebcd4811f3235e4d845256262ff521.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AndyFoxy said:

Of course the numbers are going down (nudge nude wink wink). The good General is in charge now and we can't have him looking incompetent can we.

Covid it seems is also article 41 compliant !

• Haha 1

In a morning televised news briefing, a government spokesman said the decisions on changes to the country's current COVID restrictions, such on business closures and operating hours, will be made this afternoon during a 2 p.m. meeting to be chaired by the prime minister.

Also on the agenda for that meeting, the government spokesman said, will be a decision on whether to extend the current 10-day quarantine for incoming international travelers arriving to Thailand. The quarantine had been 14 days previously, and the Ministry of Public Health recently proposed that the travelers' quarantine be restored to its prior 14-day duration.

• Sad 2

Of the 10 new deaths reported Thursday, a government spokesman said eight were men and two were women. Their ages ranged from 45 to 91, with a median age of 62. Six of the deaths involved Bangkok residents, with one each from other provinces including Nakhon Sawan, Samut Prakan, Ayutthaya, and Yasothon.

The believed causes of their infections were two from family members, two from meals with infected acquaintances and the remainder from other sources. Most were reported to have some type of preexisting conditions that are risk factors for COVID.

• Sad 1

Horrible numbers 1,871, with ICU and seriously ill at the highest levels yet. Great the positive cases have gone down the last few days but its certainly not time to ease any measures.

Central government is responsible for this outbreak, they are responsible to end it and they better start now. Any premature let up will shoot numbers up again.

22 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I would pay privately to get the Sputnik vaccine. 

Sputnik V looks good on paper, but I wonder what this is all about:

"The (Brazil) agency, known as Anvisa, said there were faults in all clinical studies of the vaccine’s development, as well as absent or insufficient data."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/brazil-regulator-rejects-sputnik-vaccine-russia-cries-foul/ar-BB1g71u4

The Ministry of Public Health today issued this analysis of the believed sources of infection for Thailand's COVID outbreak in April, saying the kind of information below will be used to shape "some new measures, some updated measures [that] will be discussed" later today at the afternoon CCSA meeting, a government spokesman said.

Screenshot_27.jpg.6a138875541c106b336457fdd272b213.jpg

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The Ministry of Public Health today issued this analysis of the believed sources of infection for Thailand's COVID outbreak in April, saying the kind of information below will be used to shape "some new measures, some updated measures [that] will be discussed" later today at the afternoon CCSA meeting, a government spokesman said.

Screenshot_27.jpg.6a138875541c106b336457fdd272b213.jpg

Clearly, the focus must be on stopping infections from people returning from abroad. 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, rabas said:

3?

In any given month, roughly 1000 out of every 1 million people die.

Give me that vaccine!!!

Well I am eligible to get the AZ vax from Monday and I know I need it to get back to my condo in Thailand without quarantine, but I still can't bring myself to get it.

Can't believe it but I'd rather do the extra days in quarantine rather than face the risk of AZ blood clots when I'm perfectly healthy.

I mean the survival rate from infected Covid patients in Thailand is 99.7%, so why add additional risk?

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Siradhakan Chotisen, a Thai Airways crew member, receives her vaccination against the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) at Suvarnabhumi airport in Bangkok, Thailand April 28, 2021.

Why is this young fit woman being vaccinated?!!!!  There are still many health workers on the frontline in hospitals trhroughout the country who have not yet been vaccinated!  Are all staff from other airlines being vaccinated ahead of the queue or just Thai Airways? 

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

"Thailand Government confirmed all Thai people across the country will receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Elderly (aged 60+ years old) and people living with underlying diseases including

1) chronic obstructive pulmonary disease ( COPD ),
2) chronic kidney disease (CKD) in 5th stage,
3) coronary artery disease (CAD),
4) stroke,
5) obesity,
6) diabetes and
7) cancer patients receiving chemotherapy are the vaccination priority group.

The Government have set out the above priorities, and I don't believe that she fits any of the above criteria, but, of course I have not had access to her medical records.  I did however read in ThaiVisa a couple of weeks ago that all Thai Airways would be vaccinated, and I asked the question "Why?" then!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1