Thailand reports 1,871 new coronavirus cases, 10 new deaths

webfact

35 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Bangkok gets new ‘hospitel’ in Bang Kapi

Bangkok governor Aswin Kwanmuang on Thursday oversaw the setting up of Bangkok’s third “hospitel” at the Baan Thai Boutique Hotel in Bang Kapi district.

The hospitel, being set up to deal with rising Covid-19 cases, will come under the supervision of Taksin Hospital and the Medical Service Department. It is expected to accommodate 300 asymptomatic patients and will be opened from Friday.

Patients will either get single rooms or twin rooms depending on their condition. Patients’ symptoms will be checked and treatment delivered remotely via telemedicine and the CovidTrackerTAKSIN HOSPITEL application.

(more)

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40000362

Are the "patients" locked in their rooms?

3 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Are you sure? Now 3 people dead in Australia just after AZ vaccination? This is from 1 million jabs and they were aged 48, 55 and 71 and yet AZ supposed to be safe for over 50

At that rate if they vaccinated 63 million in Thailand with AZ, they could have 189 deaths, which is sadly more than the current Covid deaths

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/apr/29/australia-two-nsw-men-die-after-receiving-astrazeneca-covid-vaccine

They've had 910 deaths not 189

Edited by findlay13
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, ikke1959 said:

European countries are stopping with Astra Zenica.. The Netherlands in a few weeks and Denmark stopped already because of the side effects.. So Why in Thailand only 2 vaccines tat are unreliable or not working?? Sinovac and AZ... Money talks apparrantly and maybe the unused doses from Europe will be sent here...I will wait till Pfizer, Moderna or Sputnik V will be available

AZ is around $3 per dose. Pfizer is around $30 per dose. All dependant on whatever deal is made by the gov and manufacturers but that's what the UK gov is paying. 

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

If they require vaccinated individuals to quarantine for 14 days, that's really going to hurt the tourism industry. Vaccinated individuals are precisely who Thailand needs right now. 

There was a snippet today saying quarantine might be with us for the next 2 or 3 years in Australia.I bloody well hope that's false.!

The Number 1 plan is to have confidence of the people.....

Don't worry, in 10 or 20-years there will be books and movies about what is really going on.

nothing we can do......except wear a mask, sleep in your closet, and grow your own rice.  we'll knock on the door next year and hopefully your mental condition isn't FUBAR.

i wonder if Burma will start raising their covid death numbers exponentially........war?  no, covid!!!  

Locations out of testing supplies.  Some deaths seem related to Covid are being counted as other reasons, hard to get a clear picture here but would or should suppress the death count. Reports of hospitals being full. Medical teams overloaded. 

Do you really think you are seeing the full picture?  

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

“The government has informed the Thai Chamber of Commerce that it has sourced enough vaccines to meet the requirement of every citizens, therefore the private sector does not need to buy any additional vaccines.

If true for private hospitals; I assume not enough distribution of funds from private hospital's vaccine procurement and administration program charges to top up the government coffers.   

1 hour ago, Pauliewall said:

I'd counter that by pointing to Chile, a country that has the 3rd quickest rollout of vaccines has not that the same effect as the Israel and the UK so it's not an absolute that vaccines have driven down the spread in these countries. Remember that Covid was declining this time of year last year in the Northern Hemisphere as things were moving towards summer. 

I have not seen any data from any studies in Chile, showing how much transmission of infection there is, among vaccinated people there.

Do you have such data?

At the time of the recent increase in cases in Chile, only 37% of the population had been vaccinated - better than many countries but still well short of the threshold required for herd immunity to start having an effect.

In addition, even while the vaccination drive was getting underway, they relaxed various Covid-related restrictions so there was a marked reduction in mask-wearing and social distancing, according to various analysts.

Since they re-implemented restrictions just recently (and as the vaccine rollout continues) the daily cases have started dropping again.

2 hours ago, grandpa said:

How have you managed that?  According to the above, registration doesn't start until 1st May!

Poo Yai Ban has taken all my details and has a copy of my passport (and request for A-Z or Pfizer vaccine).... likewise for a friend in a neighbouring Tambon.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Why would they be locked in the rooms.  Its like an ASQ but with medical staff. It is not a prison.

Do you know this with any certainty? Are people in "field hospitals" able to come and go as they please? Were those Burmese workers locked down in their dormitories surrounded by barbed wire able to walk around freely?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So presumably non-Thais are going to fall somewhere after the above schedules?

Before the bashing of Thai and their attitude towards Foreigners is starting again,

we should first ask:

Which of the countries, we are stemming from,

restricted the export of vaccines,

or at least unsuccessfully tried to do that ?

. . . 

• Confused 2

17 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Do you know this with any certainty? Are people in "field hospitals" able to come and go as they please? Were those Burmese workers locked down in their dormitories surrounded by barbed wire able to walk around freely?

ASQ folks can not come and go at their will, they are not locked in their rooms, but then if they leave or walk out I have no idea of what the consequences would be.  If your in a hospital are you locked into your room there, I wouldn't think you would be.  A field hospital, of course you can not come and go, but then I am sure you can walk around and go to the bathroom, get food and water where it is provided, but as with anything you face prosecution according to reports of those not going to the field hospital, so why would you not be prosecuted if you left and started spreading the virus. Yes the Burmese workers were locked down and treated unlike a Thai citizen who had tested positive.  They were treated inhumanely in my book.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

European countries are stopping with Astra Zenica.. The Netherlands in a few weeks and Denmark stopped already because of the side effects.. So Why in Thailand only 2 vaccines tat are unreliable or not working?? Sinovac and AZ... Money talks apparrantly and maybe the unused doses from Europe will be sent here...I will wait till Pfizer, Moderna or Sputnik V will be available

You may be waiting a long time, and no guarantee any will be offered to you. 

• Like 1

If the numbers from the past 4-5 days are to be believed, then I would think the CCSA meeting today would keep restrictions as they are, as the published numbers show a decline, or do the authorities know more than they release to the public. Testing of new PUI seems to have gone up in the past few days so be interesting to see these results feeding in over the next 2-4 days.

5 hours ago, Pauliewall said:

Anecdotally of course, but all the locals I've spoken to here say they wouldn't take the AZ vaccine but have no opinion on the Sinovac vaccine. It's funny, most foreigners I have spoken to have the opposite opinion. 

and I want only Pfizer or Moderna.

I wonder if they will dispense blood thinner with the AZ jab

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, petedk said:

I doubt they will cancel the locally produced AstraZenica. It's more a question of whether production gets going properly or not.

They could export it to other countries in the region at cost