Expats in Thailand to receive COVID-19 vaccinations free of charge

Jonathan Fairfield

24 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

That's nice. Your probably over 60.  I had to enter my data because I am only 56, but I had to pick from the drop down category why I would qualify,  and of course that's having one of the 7 medical issues. Are you registered at a government hospital by chance already.  I am registered at a private hospital and therefore all of my info might not be in the government system, but then who knows.

I found out last night that someone I know and is extremely vulnerable, although registered at the same hospital as I am, couldn't use the app because he had registered at the hospital with his passport.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, sandyf said:

I found out last night that someone I know and is extremely vulnerable, although registered at the same hospital as I am, couldn't use the app because he had registered at the hospital with his passport.

That is so frustrating.  They need to make the Non-Thai ID card easier to obtain instead of tying to the yellow book for all of us long stayers.  I remember the first hospital I was registered at before I obtained my yellow book, gave me a card with all of my info on it the minute they entered me into their system, of course that was Bangkok hospital in Phuket.

32 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

That is so frustrating.  They need to make the Non-Thai ID card easier to obtain instead of tying to the yellow book for all of us long stayers.  I remember the first hospital I was registered at before I obtained my yellow book, gave me a card with all of my info on it the minute they entered me into their system, of course that was Bangkok hospital in Phuket.

Agree

I have tried twice over the years to get both the yellow book and pink ID card, always the local amphur boss says 'not for farang, migrant worker only'.

Very frustrating

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Used the Mor Prom App on Line tonight and registered myself using my Pink ID card, you do need one or else it will not let you register as it needs that field completed.  It does also ask you to select a category which you fit into for needing the vaccine ie...Medical Person, Covid control person, Seniors 60+, Persons with underlying diseases (7 types) and I believe 1 other.  Since I have diabetes I fit into the 7 types of diseases category.  It then also asks you for your hospital.  It timed out on me twice, so a bit frustrating.  In the end I got the completed screen. It said I would be contacted for an appointment, maybe because I am under 60, but a diabetic.

my son tried to register me with my pink card ,but it just keeps coming up that its not registered ,actually i am registered at Chonburi heart hospital .we use my pink card there .

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

my son tried to register me with my pink card ,but it just keeps coming up that its not registered ,actually i am registered at Chonburi heart hospital .we use my pink card there .

I made a similar comment on another vacc thread !

I had my wife try but she gets too frustrated with the app !

She tried calling the Hospital but nobody answers up here in Sakon Nakhon !

I must admit I'm kinda frustrated too !

I sure wish they had all the provinces coordinated before

May 1 ! 

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

That is the falang mentality again. The Thai system is based on the Tabian Baan so why should they change that for foreigners. If there is any change to be made it should be in removing any impediment to obtaining the yellow book. The guy in question has been here a long time and has probably never thought to make a change. I was registered at the cancer hospital with passport but went back just after getting the pink card so re-registered. I think there is every chance there will be a fast track arrangement in one form or another for manual registrations from the vulnerable.

I have had my yellow book 11 years and was using it to register at hospitals before the pink card came along. The hospital for my address required the yellow book for the free flu jab and it was also needed for the free mobile health clinic, effectively anything government funded.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sandyf said:

Disturbing. I don't have a yellow book hence no pink ID card for foreigners. I have never purposefully registered at any hospital because I didn't know that you had to. However, I have been admitted to my local Government Hospital A/E dept and also to Government Provincial Hospital A/E. In both cases they asked for my passport. Does that result in being registered at either, both or neither?

5 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

Disturbing. I don't have a yellow book hence no pink ID card for foreigners. I have never purposefully registered at any hospital because I didn't know that you had to. However, I have been admitted to my local Government Hospital A/E dept and also to Government Provincial Hospital A/E. In both cases they asked for my passport. Does that result in being registered at either, both or neither?

In any case you can't register online with your passport number.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/29/2021 at 3:26 PM, overherebc said:

Link??

Read this tital. Expats. These are registered working foreigners 

In the text they say foreigners who reside in Thailand. Meaning they noted as residents. 

Foreigners who just live here are not. No ID card. No pink card. No work permit 

859B630A-5A22-4AAF-80D3-5C6B73566B83.jpeg

3 minutes ago, ericdiam said:

Read this tital. Expats. These are registered working foreigners 

In the text they say foreigners who reside in Thailand. Meaning they noted as residents. 

Foreigners who just live here are not. No ID card. No pink card. No work permit 

859B630A-5A22-4AAF-80D3-5C6B73566B83.jpeg

Stop with the "if you don't work here, you dont live here" montage, and no pink card, no WPa, or I'd card.  Registered successfully with my Pink Non Thai ID card already.  Some of you guys don't get it.  All foreigners residing in Thailand means ALL.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Stop with the "if you don't work here, you dont live here" montage, and no pink card, no WPa, or I'd card.  Registered successfully with my Pink Non Thai ID card already.  Some of you guys don't get it.  All foreigners residing in Thailand means ALL.

Like me many many Thousands have none of any of these cards  So CANNOT REGISTER

1 minute ago, ericdiam said:

Like me many many Thousands have none of any of these cards  So CANNOT REGISTER

That pink card is from Thai government so yea can register. A foreigners who has resident is registered here. So can 

Thousands have zero cards or any number. So CANNOT 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phulublub said:

Not having a Thai ID Card does not make you a non-resident.  If you are here for a couple of weeks, or months, then you are not a resident. 

If you live here, then you ARE a resident, but cannot (yet) register.  Maybe will not be able to, ever, if the Thai authorities requirement for a Thai ID card to register does not change.  But that still does not mean you are not a resident. 

But that is in the future and open to conjecture, roumour and misinformation.  As a resident without a Thai ID Card (though whenever I have been asked for "ID" or "passprot" my Thai DL has been sufficient) I will wait and see what transpires over the coming couple of months.   If I eventually have to pay a few baht at a private hospital to get a jab, then so be it.

PH

I agree. You can kick this around till the cows come home, but you will not get a proper answer while the information is fragmented , muddled and bewildering, as per usual, from those who are unable to make educated and calculated decisions. Just wait and see and follow the crowd.????

5 hours ago, Pierre Hanot said:

Mandatory? Voluntarily? 

Optional ? 

What brands  available ? 

Sanctions for refusal ?

Proof of shot for 90 day renewal  ? 

Medpass for traveling abroad ?

Hotel managers to report non complying guests  ? 

The list is long...

I think definitely not mandatory as so far it's so hard to get. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

I don't have a card and I"m registered.  Did it via the local government office.  You can also do it via your local hospital.  I'm scheduled for July.  But that date might be moved up now.  We'll see.

Most helpful, thank you. Didn't know you could. Will try my community hospital. Might get lucky, some of the nurses speak English although reception staff don't. Thai Mrs, step-daughter and other family members won't help me because they're 'anti'.

1 hour ago, The Fugitive said:

Most helpful, thank you. Didn't know you could. Will try my community hospital. Might get lucky, some of the nurses speak English although reception staff don't. Thai Mrs, step-daughter and other family members won't help me because they're 'anti'.

You might also try that Mor Prom app.  It shows what hospitals in your area are offering the jabs.  Sadly, it's all in Thai!!

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Pib said:

After not being able to registered/schedule with my Pink ID card using the LINE app as the app does not have my ID loaded in their database, today the Thai wife and I went to your local govt health clinic/unit here in Bangkok to see if I could get scheduled for a jab. 

The Thai wife was successful in using the LINE app registering/scheduling herself for a jab, but when trying to schedule me as a relative (or her 85 year old Thai citizen Mom) the LINE rejects my Pink ID card number and dear ol' Mom's Thai ID card.  So, even the wife can't register me; and as mentioned I've been unsuccessful using my phone.

Anyway, back to our trip to our local govt health clinic/unit this morning to see if they could schedule me, one each farang, for a jab.   The unit was helpful but couldn't schedule me.   They do not manually schedule people at this time and recommend I use the online apps....the Thai wife then reexplained the LINE app rejects my Pink ID card number and nor can she schedule me as a relative from her LINE app acct.  

So, the health unit nurse then said let's try using the Mohpromt app from the Google Play store as she said its better.   Downloaded/installed it, but I could not register because to register it requires your 13 digit Thai ID number and your phone number to send an SMS to....but the app rejects my 13 Pink ID card number (not in its database).    Basically the same results as when using the LINE app.

Then several of the  nurses called several numbers and were told that some farangs have been able to register with the Pink ID card but other not.  And the numbers the nurses called said they were not taking  registration for farangs at this time; Thais first.   Bottom line the nurses/reps at my local govt health clinic/unit were unable to register/schedule me for a jab and they spent a good 20 minutes in phone calls trying to find out more info...and like I said trying the Morpromt app also.

I now feel better I have tried my local govt clinic/unit....and the LINE app....and the standalone Morpromt app....although trying to register/schedule a jab for myself resulted in failure at least I have tried.  

I have submitted a jab signup form thru my private hospital who started accepting such COVID jab signup forms yesterday, but that's just a request to be signed up....when/if it results in them actually scheduling me for a jab in the future is yet to be seen.

Wow! Many thanks for all that! Much more satisfying (and informative for others) than sitting at home moaning about it. I am puzzled (and genuinely concerned) for your 85 year old Thai M-I-L. Why on earth can't she be registered? She needs it more than anyone else. Sounds like there are big data problems. 

43 minutes ago, Pib said:

After not being able to registered/schedule with my Pink ID card using the LINE app as the app does not have my ID loaded in their database, today the Thai wife and I went to your local govt health clinic/unit here in Bangkok to see if I could get scheduled for a jab. 

The Thai wife was successful in using the LINE app registering/scheduling herself for a jab, but when trying to schedule me as a relative (or her 85 year old Thai citizen Mom) the LINE rejects my Pink ID card number and dear ol' Mom's Thai ID card.  So, even the wife can't register me; and as mentioned I've been unsuccessful using my phone.

Anyway, back to our trip to our local govt health clinic/unit this morning to see if they could schedule me, one each farang, for a jab.   The unit was helpful but couldn't schedule me.   They do not manually schedule people at this time and recommend I use the online apps....the Thai wife then reexplained the LINE app rejects my Pink ID card number and nor can she schedule me as a relative from her LINE app acct.  

So, the health unit nurse then said let's try using the Mohpromt app from the Google Play store as she said its better.   Downloaded/installed it, but I could not register because to register it requires your 13 digit Thai ID number and your phone number to send an SMS to....but the app rejects my 13 Pink ID card number (not in its database).    Basically the same results as when using the LINE app.

Then several of the  nurses called several numbers and were told that some farangs have been able to register with the Pink ID card but other not.  And the numbers the nurses called said they were not taking  registration for farangs at this time; Thais first.   Bottom line the nurses/reps at my local govt health clinic/unit were unable to register/schedule me for a jab and they spent a good 20 minutes in phone calls trying to find out more info...and like I said trying the Morpromt app also.

I now feel better I have tried my local govt clinic/unit....and the LINE app....and the standalone Morpromt app....although trying to register/schedule a jab for myself resulted in failure at least I have tried.  

I have submitted a jab signup form thru my private hospital who started accepting such COVID jab signup forms yesterday, but that's just a request to be signed up....when/if it results in them actually scheduling me for a jab in the future is yet to be seen.

My experience to day was exactly the same as yours.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Pib said:

Well it took them about 3-4 years to get the online 90 day to work SOMETIMES......

So I would be looking to get the jab around 2025.....

Edited by redwood1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Well it took them about 3-4 years to get the online 90 day to work SOMETIMES......

It never worked for me because it will not work for anyone who last entered Thailand before 1 Jan 2013 or who has renewed their passport without reentry on/after 1 Jan 2013.  Either of these requirements will prevent you from using it....knock you out of the online database used for the reporting which is a separate database from the master 90 day reporting database.   

I last entered Thailand in 2008 (been here ever since) and renewed my passport once on Jan 2013.... so, my info is simply not in their online reporting database.   It's in their master 90 day database but not in the online reporting database....to get into the online database I will need to exit and reenter Thailand which would get it loaded.

Once I enter the info on the first page of the online reporting app and hit continue it just comes back with a message saying I must visit my local immigration office to report. 

So for many years I just reported in-person but for the last 4 years or so been doing it by mail.  Although doing it by mail I occasionally give the online reporting another try only to be met with no joy.

Yea, for me, these various Thai apps like online 90 day reporting and now scheduling myself for a COVID jab have been useless.   But I'm glad they work for some farangs.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Pib said:

It never worked for me because it will not work for anyone who last entered Thailand before 1 Jan 2013 or who has renewed their passport without reentry on/after 1 Jan 2013.  Either of these requirements will prevent you from using it....knock you out of the online database used for the reporting which is a separate database from the master 90 day reporting database.   

I last entered Thailand in 2008 (been here ever since) and renewed my passport once on Jan 2013.... so, my info is simply not in their online reporting database.   It's in their master 90 day database but not in the online reporting database....to get into the online database I will need to exit and reenter Thailand which would get it loaded.

Once I enter the info on the first page of the online reporting app and hit continue it just comes back with a message saying I must visit my local immigration office to report. 

So for many years I just reported in-person but for the last 4 years or so been doing it by mail.  Although doing it by mail I occasionally give the online reporting another try only to be met with no joy.

Yea, for me, these various Thai apps like online 90 day reporting and now scheduling myself for a COVID jab have been useless.   But I'm glad they work for some farangs.

Me too. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Pib said:

Great attitude! I'd be seriously 'brassed off' by now if it was me. Have you never considered even placing a toe over a border e.g. day trip to Vientiane? Shouldn't have to of course. There must be a way of pulling over your record manually. Either your IO doesn't know how, can't be bothered or is waiting for a tip? I was thinking an agent probably could resolve this for you, however they would try to pressure you into a permanent 90 day reporting arrangement with themselves. As they say, up to you!  

Tried to have my parents who are in their 70s registered for a jab at Hua Hin hospital. Unfortunately falang cannot. Try again next week. Very frustrating. I just want my folks to be protected like anyone else in their age group. Thais can get jabs easily in Europe but Europeans in Thailand is a whole other story. My respect for this country is plummeting in this stage of the pandemic.

Edited by AgentSmith
typo

29 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

Have you never considered even placing a toe over a border e.g. day trip to Vientiane?

I may be wrong, but I think you need to do your entry at an airport rather than a land point of entry. BTW, I must do my 90 day by mail, too. Renewed the passport in 2019 here in Thailand and haven't been out of the country since. Mail has actually proven more reliable than online used to be for me.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, AgentSmith said:

Tried to have my parents who are in their 70s registered for a jab at Hua Hin hospital. Unfortunately falang cannot. Try again next week. Very frustrating. I just want my folks to be protected like anyone else in their age group. Thais can get jabs easily in Europe but Europeans in Thailand is a whole other story. My respect for this country is plummeting in this stage of the pandemic.

Tell me about it ,my Thai sister in law is married to a British/Thai and she has diabetes ,gets great free treatment in the UK ,mind you she has worked and  paid tax there about 15 yrs.

• Thanks 1