Expats in Thailand to receive COVID-19 vaccinations free of charge

Jonathan Fairfield

If you want the best COVID-19 vaccines for free on June 1, 2021 or later, book a flight to Alaska USA. Stay for a month and you can get the second dose for free too.

See here for more details

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

If you want the best COVID-19 vaccines for free on June 1, 2021 or later, book a flight to Alaska USA. Stay for a month and you can get the second dose for free too.

Well spotted! Good offer if you don't freeze to death.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ivor bigun said:

Tell me about it ,my Thai sister in law is married to a British/Thai and she has diabetes ,gets great free treatment in the UK ,mind you she has worked and  paid tax there about 15 yrs.

While the Thai authorities have not covered themselves in glory with a vaccine roll out, perhaps there would be more to go round for less deleveloped countries if some in the West were not making sure they had enough to vaccinate several multiples of their population.

PH

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I posted this in a different thread but I'll post it again here.

The Nation reports that vaccine companies will only sell their product to governments, not to private organizations such as hospitals.....this is a new one on me, I thought earlier that the private hospitals were waiting for government approval to buy the vaccine!

Anyway, the Nation reports that the Thai government has said they will buy the vaccines first and then sell them onto the private hospitals, as if they are going to take a slice of the action or protect their incountry vaccine manufacturing concern, don't know. Perhaps read the Nation for the story.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brierley said:

as if they are going to take a slice of the action

That immediately crossed my mind when I read it.........but I can also see that only selling to Governments is a good route to go.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Brierley said:

I posted this in a different thread but I'll post it again here.

The Nation reports that vaccine companies will only sell their product to governments, not to private organizations such as hospitals.....this is a new one on me, I thought earlier that the private hospitals were waiting for government approval to buy the vaccine!

Anyway, the Nation reports that the Thai government has said they will buy the vaccines first and then sell them onto the private hospitals, as if they are going to take a slice of the action or protect their incountry vaccine manufacturing concern, don't know. Perhaps read the Nation for the story.

I believe it is  down to the World Health Organisation only allowing drug companies to sell to Governments as they take on the risk/

liability if anyone dies from the vaccine and agree not to sue the drug companies.
So the Thai Government refusing to sign the vaccine acquisition forms means the private hospitals cannot secure any vaccines themselves. The Thai Government issued a Notice to the private hospitals last Wednesday telling them they did not need to secure any vaccines as the Government has secured enough. 

Unless and until the Thai Government changes its position private vaccines will not be available.

Just now, skorts said:

I believe it is  down to the World Health Organisation only allowing drug companies to sell to Governments as they take on the risk/

liability if anyone dies from the vaccine and agree not to sue the drug companies.
So the Thai Government refusing to sign the vaccine acquisition forms means the private hospitals cannot secure any vaccines themselves. The Thai Government issued a Notice to the private hospitals last Wednesday telling them they did not need to secure any vaccines as the Government has secured enough. 

Unless and until the Thai Government changes its position private vaccines will not be available.

Makes sense only selling to governments......can you imagine the chaos in some countries if it were a private market free for all?

Of course you are then totally dependent on the competence of the government....oh dear!!!!

If you read the announcement about vaccines from 1st June IT'S ONLY for Thais.  Can post the link but it would be taken down.. ! All you who have registered with your colour card numbers  .. when you turn up you won't get the vaccine without your Thai ID card .. check it out .

IMG_20210505_081306.jpg

21 hours ago, Pib said:

Good  news for dear ol' Mom....the family was able to get her registered/scheduled on the LINE app this morning/4 May/Tuesday, but on 2 May/Sunday we could not after many tries as my earlier post taled.......even my wife's sister tried to register the dear ol' mom many times on Sunday but failed with the LINE app....app simply not accepting dear ol' Mom's Thai ID card number. 

However, when the sister tried again this morning to register/schedule dear ol' Mom she had success....apparently Mom's citizen Thai ID number finally got loaded in the app's database.    She is now scheduled for 13 June at her serving govt hospital.

Thanks for letting me know. Quite right too!

30 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

If you read the announcement about vaccines from 1st June IT'S ONLY for Thais.  Can post the link but it would be taken down.. ! All you who have registered with your colour card numbers  .. when you turn up you won't get the vaccine without your Thai ID card .. check it out .

IMG_20210505_081306.jpg

Can you possibly send a PM with a link to this story ?

I cant find it on BP etc.

So, we can't get the vaccine from the Thai government.  We can't get the vaccine from private hospitals.  We can't get the vaccine from our Embassies.  What are we expected to do? Die?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Oxx said:

So, we can't get the vaccine from the Thai government.  We can't get the vaccine from private hospitals.  We can't get the vaccine from our Embassies.  What are we expected to do? Die?

I guess the Thai government thinks you can just fly back home if you are so worried about it.

3 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I guess the Thai government thinks you can just fly back home if you are so worried about it.

Well, at least the line to extend visas should be a lot shorter at Chaengwattana this year.

• Haha 2

On 4/29/2021 at 3:17 PM, Neeranam said:

Good on you Thailand. 

I was tired if reading all the Thai bashing paranoid foreigners' posts. 

Rather jumped the gun.   Foreigners who know how lies are spouted every day by Thai officials are not paranoid they are what's known as 'savvy'

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

Rather jumped the gun.   Foreigners who know how lies are spouted every day by Thai officials are not paranoid they are what's known as 'savvy'

It's not only about Thailand. Many or most governments talk a good game but most people understand stuff isn't real until it's real.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2021 at 3:54 PM, Banana7 said:

Personally, I can't think of a worse place to go weather wise. Maybe Finland or Bangladesh. 

• Sad 1

On 5/1/2021 at 4:06 AM, Danderman123 said:

How about your hospital bed? 

Won't need a hospital bed. Already had Covid-19 - quite survivable... Caught it early on in Penang mingling with thousands of Chinese fresh off the plane - some even from Wuhan. Also I have proper meds to fight it again.... Just don't let them put a ventilator on you - the last thing you'll see. 

17 minutes ago, GruenJD said:

Won't need a hospital bed. Already had Covid-19 - quite survivable... Caught it early on in Penang mingling with thousands of Chinese fresh off the plane - some even from Wuhan. Also I have proper meds to fight it again.... Just don't let them put a ventilator on you - the last thing you'll see. 

Let me guess: you had a bad flu in January 2020, and think you had Covid-19. But you never got tested.

I mingled with thousands of Chinese in Penang in early 2020 and was ill later on. There was no Covid test at the time. Later, I got an antibody test, and was negative for Covid antibodies.

So, no, you didn’t have Covid, and your opinion on the survivability from Covid is not valid anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, whiteman said:

For foreigners residing in Chiang Mai 

https://www.cm-healthcare.net/CMCVR/p_register.php

And for the others sit tight for 2 years and maybe just maybe you will be offered a discount out of date jab by then

Somehow this is normal; You are a LOT closer to China than us. ????????????